[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Pet Vanguard

BownerBowner
Vindictus Rep: 1,775
in General Discussion
How do you use it? or is it bugged? as all my pets apart from the one we got today is maxxed.

Comments

• YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    You can't be maxed already... the pet level cap increased from 30 to 50.
  • BownerBowner
    Yagamin wrote: »
    You can't be maxed already... the pet level cap increased from 30 to 50.

oh, thanks for the info.
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    I love how they didn't mention the cap was raised in the update and I had to come to the forum to figure out why my pets weren't eligible for Vanguard missions. They really suck-SUCK-at explaining things.
    GhengisJohnchicaneIcygoddessBowner
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited March 26, 2019
    FlameSama1 wrote: »
    I love how they didn't mention the cap was raised in the update and I had to come to the forum to figure out why my pets weren't eligible for Vanguard missions. They really suck-SUCK-at explaining things.

It was later added to http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/45436/weekly-maintenance-march-26th
    But since most people re-open that page, a lot miss it.

There's also party -> promotion. It doesn't do anything.

Well that would be the initial thought, until you find out that you need to click + in chat and add a new Promotion tab to see these promotions. Barely anyone checks that... But even then, the promoted messages don't appear in All chat, you need to click on that tab to see them.
    Amenari
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    "Well that would be the initial thought, until you find out that you need to click + in chat and add a new Promotion tab to see these promotions. Barely anyone checks that... But even then, the promoted messages don't appear in All chat, you need to click on that tab to see them."

wew. As I posted in another thread, Halo 2 had party systems figured out 15 years ago and that was on Xbox, SURELY a PC game in 2019 should have easy lobby systems that can join/play any mission without needing to split up and reconvene in special QB or RAR lobbies that have their own rules *you would think*, but I guess not?

Here, I'll even spell it out. Let me make a party in the party tab, invite my guild members, then launch a boat, FROM WHERE EVER I WANT. Maybe we can do a Macha run starting from the Guild House, maybe from Colhen. Let me pick the mission from where ever and then launch it. Don't give a buff only to QB lobbies because then I have to try to get my guildmates to hurry up and join me before it fills and I either have to run it without them or ask someone to leave and hope they don't take it personally. And after I make that party with guildmates, I should be able to join parties for other missions, as a party leader. Is there a 4/8 Neam run up? I can join with my team of 4, now we all are in it together and the Neam host is the party leader. Maybe we wanna do RAR, let me join with my team of 4 in RAR without gettting split up. Is the only RAR up 9/12? That's cool, put us in our own lobby that can fill up afterward as people queue for the next one. Then afterward, kick us all back into my party so we can go in again as a group if we want.

Is this sequence really that much to ask? To not have to finagle with their QB system for an extra shot at a shard in an S3 daily or cross my fingers and *hope* my friends and I can will ourselves into the same Lakoria RAR together? For being a social game, it sure is a pain in the ass to play socially.
    Amenari
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    The ****
  • BownerBowner
    Also people, for some reason pets aren't earning exp in raid bosses
  • ElynsaElynsa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,565
    Bowner wrote: »

Mine are receiving exp just fine. If your pet is incapacitated while the boss is defeated your pet will not receive exp. One work around is to summon your pet just before the boss is about to die, otherwise you'll have to revive your pet just before the raid is completed or risk it dying again.
  • BownerBowner
    Elynsa wrote: »

Mine are receiving exp just fine. If your pet is incapacitated while the boss is defeated your pet will not receive exp. One work around is to summon your pet just before the boss is about to die, otherwise you'll have to revive your pet just before the raid is completed or risk it dying again.

oh ok, thanks for the info will tryi t now
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited March 28, 2019
    Elynsa wrote: »

Elynsa idea works, but, if your forgetful like me and half the time don't remember to bring out the pet (or can't time it right)...

I suggest bringing out your level 1 dogs (event) because they don't die. Don't have to worry about micromanagement. Save the pets that die for s3 dungeons/dailies.
  • ElynsaElynsa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,565
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Elynsa idea works, but, if your forgetful like me and half the time don't remember to bring out the pet (or can't time it right)...

I suggest bringing out your level 1 dogs (event) because they don't die. Don't have to worry about micromanagement. Save the pets that die for s3 dungeons/dailies.

I was going for a more all encompassing solution. Not everyone has the undying dogs, and it's also still fairly easy for pets to die in s3 dungeons, especially if they're of a lower level. Pets generally don't get one-shot, as once they've taken enough damage you'll have a blinking indicator by your buffs for several seconds in which if your pet takes too much damage again before it wears off only then will they die, so you can fairly safely summon them when the boss is on its last bar or half bar, no timing required. It's not ideal, but it's the best solution I've seen and something you can simply get used to doing like anything else.
  • YomaYoma
    Vindictus Rep: 580
    Well, theres the 30 Days Life-Giver Gem for Pets which res them upon Boss death so it will get exp. I'm lazy, i rather pay 4M than having the pain to summon it every raid. 30 Days should be enough for level 1-50.