[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Feedback for the character's height change

DyuDyu
Vindictus Rep: 1,085
edited February 16, 2019 in Suggestions and Feedback
Welp, made a ticket and as a response we're here.
So, as of some of us might know, with the few changes we had recently, one affected our character's height abilities and this is the quotation from the transtlated patch notes:
"Base attack speed now isn’t dependent on character height and is equal to character’s minimum height ATT SPD value"

What this is saying basically means that it doesn't matter if your char is a midget or a titan, it will always have the same ATT SPD value. Sounds good at 1st, but it really doesn't.

It wouldn't matter normally, but as of now... Many of us will just go titans because, there's really no penalties to it.

The trade of having a tall character was range vs speed and let me tell you, for minmaxers, this challange was real.
This actually killed character's variety. The only characters left you would probably go for shorts without a doubt are: Kai, because you simply have a ranged weapon and prefer to not get hit at all and Evie staff (I don't really know how height affect Sylas and Chain Vella's range. I would also say Teide Hurk, but he still uses a sword too).

To not make a wall text of examples, I'm gonna take the easiest class that takes the most out of all the possible stats- Lann.
Choosing wether you wanted a short or a tall Lann was never easy. He both needs range and speed and he's also an awesome random dungeon clearer.
Let's say you wanted to main a Lann spear and your main concern is clearning raids as fast as possible. Easily you would probably pick the speed choice to keep that combo up as fast as possible (moonsplitter for the ones who know).

Now let's think about Twin Swords Lann. One of the advantages that Swords have on Spears is the high range and the hard hitting Smashes, but you also need speed to make that effective and close those moves as fast as possible. Choice wasn't so obvious: you wanted to be fast but you also wouldn't want to miss your hits.

Now the choice for most of the characters is obvious, wether it is for easy range or higher hitboxes to register things that have a counter such as;
-Risky Wind's dodge buff for Twin Swords Lann
-Revenge stacks from GS Hurk
-Pillar Counter for Karok
-Occluded Soul for Grimden
-Mana Drain and all of the other counters from Arisha
Etc. etc. You got the point.

My question for this
  1. Should this change be3 votes
    1. reverted to help character's variety
       67% (2 votes)
    2. kept but compensate us to face this change by giving an Appearance Alteration Coupon
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    As a Sword Lann main, I chose to go with the shortest height possible for my cosplay, and the fact that speed is so much more fun to play with in a hack-and slash RPG game than range. Once you can start making your best gear, speed and crit are a MUST on Lann. Since Nexon also increased the distance of Slip/Nimble Dash in a recent update, and you have plenty of range with the Thousand Needle poke, you don't need much range to engage your Gliding/Lightning Fury. Therefore, getting your hits in and moving around quickly is the key to mastering Lann.

I know this may sound cliche (because I'm cosplaying Pit in Vindictus), but in Super Smash Brothers, a character's size or height determines how fast they can attack. Slower characters tend to be big, and faster characters tend to be small. The same thing was basically applied to Vindictus, but Nexon's attempt to balance the characters led to the option being taken away.

In my opinion, this needs to be reverted; like you said, it adds spice to the game. Plus, there are bigger issues when it comes to balancing the characters, such as base stats and bug fixing character moves (i.e. input response for right-click; Gust Sting when I should be doing Gliding Fury *faceplam*)