[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

with character is easiest to play?

DRAGONxNOGARDDRAGONxNOGARD
Vindictus Rep: 500
in General Discussion
on s2 bosses i dying so offten

and cant complete 1st s3 quest with solo muir

im xgun kai

they told me pick whip arisha or miri

idk about fiona

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    You have to spend more time practicing with your character. Don't just mindlessly attack bosses, but rather study their patterns and learn when the best times to attack are.

Muir is a solo quest because his purpose is to be a "skill check," boss. If you cannot defeat him, you are not ready for Season 3. Practice Practice Practice
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Scythe evie and sylas are pree easy
    Sylas has really good self-healing too and survivability
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited March 9, 2019
    Kai is the hardest character to solo with, but easiest in a party. So it's not surprising to be stuck at Muir if you have little experience.

Bow Kai is easiest in a party. If you trans all you do is hold R for a few secs, let go and press L, repeat. (using any other skill like Arrow Storm or EEA is a loss in damage) A lot of people find this boring though.

Miri is probably easiest solo throughout since you can chain block/dodge for a longer invul time when you're unsure (but for optimal damage you shouldn't dodge too often).

Evie is easiest early game since you are basically invincible with mana shield, but not so much late game.
    Zollen
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    Fiona.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    kai - easiest
    karok and sylas - easy
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    You can do it we believe in you... Here have some inspiration

Imo delia is straitforward and easy to learn, funny to play but also can be challenging when you want to max her potential.

Fifi is too opeh if you can counter...

Sword vella is easy when you can xcut...

Battleshade lynn got one of the longest invulnerability chain

GS Hurk needs tons of armor so I advise him only for whales and sharks

Arisha can dodge+block a little worse than delia (but if mastered got opeh dmg too, maybe delia can catch up nao after boost)

Karok can block while attacking

Sylas and staff Evie got heals

• GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    on s2 bosses i dying so offten

and cant complete 1st s3 quest with solo muir

im xgun kai

they told me pick whip arisha or miri

idk about fiona

Fiona is a really good character to do solo runs with, but you have to learn the timing of her counters and that might be a little rough for a while. There are a few boss hazards she can render pointless with a held block though like Dullahan's ghosts and that's pretty fun/funny. She struggles in hazards where you have to move through a hazard though like in Lugh Lamfada. Miri does a lot of damage and can block when doing normal attacks but if you get hit during her fiery chain swings, you get hit hard. Whip Arisha is not hard to use but Spell Sword Arisha is has higher DPS. Imo the easiest character might be scythe Evie because her dodge moves you a good distance and has invulnerability frames or Karok because his attacks can block for you.

Of course if you stick with Kai he can be quite good.
  • DRAGONxNOGARDDRAGONxNOGARD
    sword or hammer?

large or smal shield?

and why?
  • IntoHellIntoHell
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    Arisha easiest
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    Glaive Lynn =)
    On a serious note i'd say Swords Vella is pretty straightforward
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Twin Sword Vella has always been the easiest for me, though Miri is also fairly easy, if you have enough attack speed
    KenshinX
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    I second twin sword Vella and Arisha, but it takes a bit of getting used to which progressing through story should help out. Don't be like me and actually read skill descriptions. I think i leveled an Arisha without ever using mana blade on release and thought she was a bad character lel. This may come as a surprise to you, but Muir was actually nerfed recently so maybe you should check your gear. You should be using at least lvl 80 equipment.e
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Just play sword lann or glaive lynn for a bit then pick whatever other class with looks you enjoy.
    because everything will look easy after playing either of these two +cold
    DaimusKarijuna
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited March 11, 2019
    sword or hammer?

large or smal shield?

and why?

Sword and small shield.

• Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Kai is the hardest character to solo with, but easiest in a party. So it's not surprising to be stuck at Muir if you have little experience.

Bow Kai is easiest in a party. If you trans all you do is hold R for a few secs, let go and press L, repeat. (using any other skill like Arrow Storm or EEA is a loss in damage) A lot of people find this boring though.

Miri is probably easiest solo throughout since you can chain block/dodge for a longer invul time when you're unsure (but for optimal damage you shouldn't dodge too often).

Evie is easiest early game since you are basically invincible with mana shield, but not so much late game.

Just going to correct you based on my experience and logic with the char I main so any other people out there don't get the wrong idea(of ofc my own opinion).
    Using Arrow Storm is not a "loss" in damage its even better with the sp awaking.

Just play what you love/find fun any class does perfectly fine with practice for the most part all of the classes are balanced in there own right.
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Sword Vella and Delia.
    and what staff evie?
  • DaimusDaimus
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    edited March 15, 2019
    and what staff evie?

Just walking artillery - slow and vulnerable solo but good for party (solo will require very high skill and stuff), scythe will give you good evade and good dps with medium skill and equipment.

Easiest variants for me are pillar Karok (soild damage and tons of blocks when you attack; cestus is same but require much more skill for blocks and right skill using) and GS Hurk (tons of blocks plus vampire and high dps; teide only for party and require much skill for good timing).

Kai is for party (need time to stay on place to charge good damage skills). Solo runs on him will require from you very high skill and stuff.

Sylas is good in both situation because of mobility, medium battle range, good dps and support skills. Doesn't have crazy requirements, just require a little bit of brain tissue.

Vella with swords require high skill and reaction for cross cuts (because it's her only damage source on swords), chain blades only for party, but with party its really pain for boss (need time to collect Cold Blood and stay on place for extreme dps).

Good play on Lynn will require tons of skill and same amount of gold for stuff because she is slow. Glaive is better for party, umbrella is good in solo because faster and have some healing.

Arisha is good for damage in any situation but require good skills and reaction for both weapons, also need good stuff because she is slow.

Lann, *sigh* R.I.P. best blade dancer, we will remember times when you were independent from these **** crit procs on your weapons. Only for extremely rich whales and nerds because he dependent from crits and reaction as hell and you will need every bit of crit chance and speed to give a ****, but if you did this then bosses are all as good as dead.

Fiona, hm, hammers and great shields are as usual about nothing but sword with small shield with give you high solid dps and durability, only need to be in check when to attack, block and counter and when to run away ASAP, because in S3 there are tons of unblockable attacks with crazy fixed damage and fast chains of attacks which will break through your block and wipe your sorry ass.

Delia is only for nerding whales because you will need extremely good stuff and skill to survive - she don't have any active attacking blocks like Karok, Hurk, Miri, Fiona and Lynn and she is slove as hell, also don't have any skills which could be used often to boost your defense and speed or heal yourself.

Miri will give your high dps and medium durability but you will need good skills to restore dragon breath for sliding and good reaction to break sliding for block of incoming attacks (if not then you will be dead in seconds), but at least she isn't very dependable from gear.

Miul is a little bit slow but work on medium range as Sylas and have good evasive abilities and some skills for damage boost/clear damage, so just need a good skill with medium+ stuff.

Grimden has very low attack range, quite low dps, bad damage skills and not very effective block with evasion. As for me he is made for a wrong game because he need to backstab and any mob/boss can rotate to your face immediately, but with good reaction, skill and stuff you can make a decent result on him. Better for party time.
    DRAGONxNOGARDGhengisJohn
  • _Kale_Kale
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Fiona, sword Vella, Sylas, scythe Evie, and Delia are all good recommendations. Delia does require more attack speed to properly attack though.

Contrary to the previous comment:
    - teide is fine for solo and timing isn't that tight
    - sword Vella requires knowledge of bosses more than skill
    - umbrella is stronger than glaive in both solo and party
    - spellsword Arisha is probably the class that benefits the least from high attack speed
    - hammer is not as strong as longsword for Fiona, but it's probably the most underrated weapon and definitely strong
    - Delia is probably the easiest class to survive with
    - Grimden has high dps after a recent update

If you're dying to s2 bosses and Muir, your problem is probably just that you're not familiar enough with the bosses. Instead of switching to another class, it'd probably be better to watch some youtube videos of the bosses you're struggling with, and then spend some time practicing. Muir can be challenging for Kai when you're unfamiliar with how to deal with his poison and combo attacks, but stuff like that only gets more challenging in the rest of s3.
    Prototypemind
    @_Kale and what do you think about miri and miul?