[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Thoughts on +13 Lv95 50% Brilliant Enhance Stone?

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
in General Discussion
+13 50% Brilliant Enhancement Stone from the On-time Event coupon exchange shop -- Trying to figure out if it's worth it or wait for future content bringing a 100% Lv95+13 stone. For me this is for alts that have weapons already needing reforge at +12 and steels be the limiting factor (I can do one reforge "free").

+13 50% Brilliant Enhancement Stone
- Essentially free
- Not guaranteed but if it succeeds you have a chance at +14.
- If it fails you need to reforge again if you want to use the 100% stone later.

100% Lv95+13 stone (future release)
- 120 seals
- Guaranteed success but weapon must be reforged to attempt +14
  1. Is the +13 50% Brilliant Enhancement Stone worth using?17 votes
    1. Yes.
       47% (8 votes)
    2. No, wait for the 100% stone.
       53% (9 votes)

Comments

• BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    edited March 3, 2019
    Another thing to think about is that the damascus steel requirement for lvl 95 gear is gonna get cut down considerably in the same update that will introduce that 100% stone, along with the increase in drop rates for all lvl 95 essences & chunks.

For reforging a +12 Dulla weapon upon enhancement failure, steel requirement will go from 21 to only 9.

One thing that could be done is to attempt using the 50% stone from this event and if it fails, wait a few months for this update, then reforge cheaply & use the 100% stone.
    Reforging the resulting +13 dulla weapon will cost 14 steels instead of 29 as it is currently (if you do decide it is worth doing this, that is).

Source:
    http://www.inven.co.kr/board/heroes/2471/42169?p=2 (it's all in Korean but if anyone has any questions for me regarding this update I'll try & answer)
    LoLoBootyGhengisJohn
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    I used the stone and got my +13. I'm glad i just did it and did not start overthinking it. I got lucky. I had a restore scroll but reforging would have been difficult.
  • SatsueSatsue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,615
    jeddyhi wrote: »
    I used the stone and got my +13. I'm glad i just did it and did not start overthinking it. I got lucky. I had a restore scroll but reforging would have been difficult.

on the reverse side, mine failed and I was lucky I had a restoration scroll or my character would've been SOL

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I think it's worthwhile for players who were planning to go for 13 anyway or who don't mind having to restore a weapon and losing the potential to sell it. It's more than double the standard enhancement rate of 20%, or 22% with a Gooby stone, and you'll get enough tickets for it easily just by playing/afking during the event, so why not? Plus the tickets can be sent to any character on your account, so if you have a Grimden you haven't used the 100% +12 stone on then you have an easier road to 13 for another character or for him. Since even with failstacks the highest success rate you get before it goes to 100% is 38%; it's a given that this is the way to go if you want +13 ASAP, or at least the best, least expensive chance at it.

Our update to get the 100% stone I would guess is at least 6 months off but even if it's half that the stone is a great value for those willing to mess with RNG.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    BOK_CHOI wrote: »
    Another thing to think about is that the damascus steel requirement for lvl 95 gear is gonna get cut down considerably in the same update that will introduce that 100% stone, along with the increase in drop rates for all lvl 95 essences & chunks.

For reforging a +12 Dulla weapon upon enhancement failure, steel requirement will go from 21 to only 9.

One thing that could be done is to attempt using the 50% stone from this event and if it fails, wait a few months for this update, then reforge cheaply & use the 100% stone.
    Reforging the resulting +13 dulla weapon will cost 14 steels instead of 29 as it is currently (if you do decide it is worth doing this, that is).

Source:
    http://www.inven.co.kr/board/heroes/2471/42169?p=2 (it's all in Korean but if anyone has any questions for me regarding this update I'll try & answer)

Will the costs for lvl 100 weapons be touched at all? As somebody who had his astera fail 6 times I coulda bought two premade +12's off the mp for what mine ultimately cost me.
  • SatsueSatsue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,615

Will the costs for lvl 100 weapons be touched at all? As somebody who had his astera fail 6 times I coulda bought two premade +12's off the mp for what mine ultimately cost me.

Not yet, no.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    With this it will be pointless to upgrade astera stuff, with the price of an astera you can upgrade like 4 or 5 dullahan weapons to +15, which means you have more attempts to get a +16. Dullahan +16 outdps astera +15 except in hell mode and maybe OS. So even people who already have an astera +15 will go back to dullahan only for that extra dps on the majority of content if they know the damage formula.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited March 4, 2019
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    With this it will be pointless to upgrade astera stuff, with the price of an astera you can upgrade like 4 or 5 dullahan weapons to +15, which means you have more attempts to get a +16. Dullahan +16 outdps astera +15 except in hell mode and maybe OS. So even people who already have an astera +15 will go back to dullahan only for that extra dps on the majority of content if they know the damage formula.

It is too much work to actually go for a +16 of any lvl. And by the time the drop the steal price for dul stuff here, Korea likely will have 105 with another ~20 crit jump, 5k att or something stupid like that.
  • IntoHellIntoHell
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    no +15 = scrub
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited March 5, 2019
    ikevi wrote: »
    It is too much work to actually go for a +16 of any lvl. And by the time the drop the steal price for dul stuff here, Korea likely will have 105 with another ~20 crit jump, 5k att or something stupid like that.
    Yeah there will be lvl 105 weps in the future, but Korea patches lasts 6 months to come here and they don't have lvl 105 yet. Personally I don't think lvl 105 is going to happen any time soon, so its still a good stategy to aim for +16 dullas even if they become obsolote in 1 year or maybe more.