[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Disconnecting while afk

RaftelfanRaftelfan
Vindictus Rep: 735
edited March 1, 2019 in Tech Support
I believe that ever since this most recent event update that gave us this on-time event, I've noticed that i'm disconnecting extremely frequently while I'm tabbed out, or away from the game after just a few minutes.
While tabbed in and actively playing, I haven't had any issues, so I don't believe it's my internet. Should I try reinstalling Vindictus to see if that helps? Or is there anything else I can try first?

Edit: I can afk while in a dungeon fine, so it seems to be only in town and the guild house that I disconnect.
Quinquetestll9902

Comments

• QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited March 1, 2019
    I'm also experiencing frequent disconnection while idling in town. What kind of internet service do you use? I'm using Verizon Fios. Operating System is Windows 10.
    Raftelfan wrote: »
    Edit: I can afk while in a dungeon fine, so it seems to be only in town and the guild house that I disconnect.
    This is also happening to me.
    testll9902
  • RaftelfanRaftelfan
    I have Spectrum, my OS is also Windows 10.
    testll9902
  • QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    I had a ping test running on the background when I disconnected, the ping test was fine, I did not lose internet connection during that time. I logged on the Chinese server to stand in town for a long period of time and I did not disconnect once.

When I switched from ethernet connection to wifi, I was able to stay logged on all night for some reason. Might be a temporary workaround till they fix the issue.
    testll9902
  • RaftelfanRaftelfan
    Interesting about the wifi working. May have to test that for vindi's sake.
    Just disconnected in town again but it was *right* after I had just tabbed back in, was walking around a lil bit, then poof disconnect.
    testll9902
  • [GM] Viewty[GM] Viewty
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    Administrator
    Hi Raftelfan,
    Have you submitted a ticket to our Support Team regarding this matter? Thanks.
    support-vindictus.nexon.net
    testll9902