[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Weapon Abilities

NippyKindLangurNippyKindLangur
Vindictus Rep: 765
in General Discussion
Thanks to everyone who voted and/or commented in my last thread. I am looking for people's opinions on Siglint Thunder vs Deadly Weapon mainly, but in my last thread "other" got a lot of votes so I will include more in the poll.

For Deadly Weapon if I interpret correctly, it will boost critical damage by 7 for 1 minute on 2 minute cooldown. If base critical damage is 195, this becomes 202 so there is a 3.59% damage increase which occurs half the time. This would mean it increases your dps by about 1.795%.

As for the damaging abilities, from what I've seen Siglint Thunder seems to be the most praised. Does your ATK/MATK affect its damage or is it fixed (I have read it can crit)? Does anyone have an idea on the multiplier? Even a relative damage to the most commonly used smash for your character would be nice too.

Other abilities I will note:

Masaka Smash seems cool and useful in Arcana. It has a longer cooldown, is its damage proportional to this longer cooldown?

Graceful Weapon is probably useful too but personally I don't think I'd be able to utilize a fluctuating attack speed boost.

Power Battery is probably useful for certain SP hungry classes too.
  1. You can only have one ability on your weapon, you choose...32 votes
    1. Shaken (Not stirred)
       6% (2 votes)
    2. Petrifying Curse
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Painful Curse
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Burdening Curse
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Masaka Smash
       22% (7 votes)
    6. Power Battery
       9% (3 votes)
    7. Graceful Weapon
       19% (6 votes)
    8. Forceful Weapon
       3% (1 vote)
    9. Deadly Weapon
       31% (10 votes)
    10. Battle Enlightenment
       0% (0 votes)
    11. Unshakable Weapon
       3% (1 vote)
    12. Siglint Thunder
       6% (2 votes)

Comments

• YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    All damaging skills inflict negligible damage compared to you attacking.

Curse messes up the timing of counters and dodges, and it's hard to time the dodge as the boss starts moving again. Also it is very annoying if it triggers as the boss jumps/flies so we need to wait a long time for him to come down.

Deadly Weapon is good for xgun where Bolt Storm is 100% crit. But you need to be crit capped for it to be better, which will be hard for new raids.

Power Battery SP is too tiny.

Graceful Weapon is good for every raid since there is no speed cap, and more speed is more fun, so this is the best.
    LoLoBootyNippyKindLangurLion86
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    I personally have masaka smash. It helps in arcana minigame and the fact that i can choose when to use it and dont depend on rng or such is what makes me take that weapon ability.
    NippyKindLangur
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Curse messes up the timing of counters and dodges, and it's hard to time the dodge as the boss starts moving again. Also it is very annoying if it triggers as the boss jumps/flies so we need to wait a long time for him to come down.

Would like to say that this is on point. My main is a Fiona, and I can not tell you how much I love the enemy suddenly and unpredictably slowing down and screwing up my counters. Particularly when I just interrupted my combo with deflect and now it suddenly fizzles and I'm left standing there with no deflect and no combo.
    NippyKindLangur
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited February 11, 2019
    I'd say it heavily depends on what type of maps you play:
    Easier Raids/RAR (3-5 minutes): Not gonna play long enough for most to matter. Masaka Smash is fun here for that one sandbag moment.
    Longer Raids (6 - 10 minutes): Options such as speed or crit modifiers are more viable since you can proc a few times.
    Dungeons: Prefer Siglint Thunder lv4/5 for assistance with clearing out mobs. More useful than shaken.
    Never: Any of the "Curses".

Sometimes I consider the weapon too. For example Xgun Kai might do power battery. Like pairing Masaka Smash with characters that have a designated kick move such as Whip Arisha.
    NippyKindLangur
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I think Siglint Thunder is the best overall due to its frequency over Painful Curse, and its simplicity over all the other abilities. Even if you proc any of the stat boosting abilities, you'd still need to be able to hit the boss to make the most of it; if the boss goes invulnerable, then its wasted.

Battle Enlightenment is the most interesting to me because I'd love to see how well it works when combined with Stamina Potion and Festivel Cookie. However, I've never been able to test this out.
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Power Battery SP is too tiny.

As Yagamin said, Power Battery is simply not strong enough to aid SP hungry characters at all. They would turn to Cat Statue artifact and Skill Awakening SP Reduction instead. The only place Power Battery might actually have any kind of significance is when mitigating glaive Lynn's SP drain from Jade Fox, and even then I think you'd need to be in trans.
  • SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    How much damage does Level 5 Masaka Smash do?
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Sef wrote: »

3 hits each 6k dmg = 18k total.
    Piracy
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    I use deadly weapon since Lann has 65% crit chance compared to 50%, but I also consider graceful weapon good since Lann will always need to tank outside redemeers to be able to outdps the rest of the chars and graceful weapon stacks very well with slashing high. Never considered the instant damage skills, they seem a waste to me.
  • NotBooNotBoo
  • BariumBarium
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    Masaka smash does enough damage to take it as a bonus and it is very useful.