[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Regarding 'Returning Mercenaries Event'

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
edited January 21, 2019 in General Discussion
We've seen that all of you've been enjoying the 'Returning Mercenaries Event,' and therefore have decided to continue the event until February 18th, 2019 (Before Maintenance)! There's a change to the event so please take note of the change listed below:

* The 'Tour of Duty Welcome Event Ticket' will be removed from the event on January 21st, 2019 (After Maintenance), and its Exchange Shop will be available until January 28th, 2019 (Before Maintenance).
* All other elements of the 'Returning Mercenaries Event' will be maintained until February 18th, 2019 (Before Maintenance).

- The Vindictus Team

What "other elements" are they referring to? The only other aspect of this event is the Tour of Duty Gift (which further divides into "Reward 1, 2, and 3". Rewards 2 & 3 we have always received in some form or another for years now.

Does this mean we have until February 18 to get "Reward 1 - Support Items" as detailed below?
http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/38147/returning-mercenaries-event

Comments

• DonryuDonryu
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    Yeah i want to know too.
  • EviLorYEviLorY
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    I wanna know as well. 4 of my ALTs claimed +10 purple set previously. I am thinking of quitting the game in order to get those +12 oj set starting from today. I am just wondering if I am still able to claim them after the event end date, which is on Feb 18?
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    I won't be able to check as my last set of alts were already in the 30 day AFK period before this message appeared and will finish before February 18th.

My best guess is that if you start AFK'ing now you will get the +12 weapon/armors but will not get the 15 day outfitter + 15 day hand maiden + seals.

• EviLorYEviLorY
    Thanks for your information. But I hope there will be an official statement or answer from GM since we are just all guessing right now.
  • EzerarEzerar
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    I would think that this event was a temporary way for old players to get the new level 90 equipment, since new players get it by leveling up.
    The equipment is enhanceable, so if you could get a new set every 30 days it would mean unlimited chances at a full +20 set.

Having said that, I'm in the same boat, and stopped playing on the 21st right before they announced the end of the event so I'm hoping something changes.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @Ezerar the gear you get from Returning Merc bonus can't be enhanced as received, so leaving for a month at a time to get free +12 gear to try again with really isn't worthwhile, esp since even if you managed some decent gear the lack of crit will hurt you in higher level content.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    edited January 26, 2019
    @Ezerar the gear you get from Returning Merc bonus can't be enhanced as received, so leaving for a month at a time to get free +12 gear to try again with really isn't worthwhile, esp since even if you managed some decent gear the lack of crit will hurt you in higher level content.

The free +12 gear can be reforged and then enhanced again. You're better putting that gold into a newer weapon than reforging. Receiving a new merc package could get you better rolls and also includes sweeteners on top of the gear like +20 seals/triumps & 1000 AP. But mostly it just isn't worth it.

Also, you can fuse your free +12 gear with standard fusion runes. Fuse first before you reforge or enhance.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @LoLoBooty I said it can't be enhanced as received, i.e., it has to be reforged, which is why I said taking 30 days off at a time to get another set isn't worthwhile =) Also, you said yourself that the bonus seals, etc., will probably disappear when the event ends. We'll see, but whatever the case leaving for a month at a time just to get 90 gear and some seals is a waste.
    LoLoBooty
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I'm pretty uncertain. The returning mercenary packages have always been an ongoing thing, but it was still technically an event. It may be discontinued just like the Enlistment event was for new players.
  • EzerarEzerar
    Sorry, that was my bad. I thought the equipment would be the same as the level up gifts.
    If it's not enhanceable it wouldn't be crazy for them to give it out, since it's the new default gear.

What I'm worried about now is how long you need to wait to get a Redeployment Package.
    I haven't gotten any for a long time so I don't know how long it takes.
    The event says 30 days but customer support says it's 90 days.
    Can anyone confirm how many days it took before the event started?
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Ezerar wrote: »
    Sorry, that was my bad. I thought the equipment would be the same as the level up gifts.
    If it's not enhanceable it wouldn't be crazy for them to give it out, since it's the new default gear.

What I'm worried about now is how long you need to wait to get a Redeployment Package.
    I haven't gotten any for a long time so I don't know how long it takes.
    The event says 30 days but customer support says it's 90 days.
    Can anyone confirm how many days it took before the event started?

Yeah looks like back in 2017 it was 90 days:
    https://support-vindictus.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204186309-What-is-the-Redeployment-Package-

So maybe after February 18th you lose the sweeteners and have to wait 90 instead of 30 days to get the package.
  • EzerarEzerar
    If anyone tries logging in after 30 days after the event ended please say whether you got a returning package or not.
    My European server characters will reach 30 days on March 3rd, so I can check it then if no one wants to risk it.
    If I don't get a package I'm just going to wait the full 90 days.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    edited February 20, 2019
    If anyone tries logging in after 30 days after the event ended please say whether you got a returning package or not.
    My European server characters will reach 30 days on March 3rd, so I can check it then if no one wants to risk it.

I have a guildie that will finish his character 30 day afk around the same time. If you want to wait a day or so after March 3rd I will let you know how his turned out.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited February 20, 2019

I logged in earlier today (been away due to being active this semester), and I received the returning package on all my characters.
    Was offline from 1/14/19 till 2/20/19.
  • EviLorYEviLorY
    Cloakshire wrote: »

I logged in earlier today (been away due to being active this semester), and I received the returning package on all my characters.

Okay so you received the package of being afk for more than 30 but less than 90 days right? I am just wondering what's the content in that package? Purple 10 or oj 12? Thanks and I really appreciate you share your experiences.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited February 21, 2019
    EviLorY wrote: »

Okay so you received the package of being afk for more than 30 but less than 90 days right? I am just wondering what's the content in that package? Purple 10 or oj 12? Thanks and I really appreciate you share your experiences.

OJ +12 Set along with accessories, a skill reset capsule, a 14 day costume, and some sort of pet thing (I didn't look at what the pet was).

And yes, I was offline for only 37 days. I waited 30 days but decided to give it an extra week just to be safe.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    EviLorY wrote: »

OJ +12 Set along with accessories, a skill reset capsule, a 14 day costume, and some sort of pet thing (I didn't look at what the pet was).

And yes, I was offline for only 37 days. I waited 30 days but decided to give it an extra week just to be safe.

Can you tell us more about this "pet thing"? Also did you get seals -- e.g 20 bravery seals, 20 triumph medals, 100 wilderness seals?
  • SatsueSatsue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,615
    LoLoBooty wrote: »

Can you tell us more about this "pet thing"? Also did you get seals -- e.g 20 bravery seals, 20 triumph medals, 100 wilderness seals?

I have a feeling the "pet thing" that was referred to was simply the free 15 day Hellish Handmaiden comrade.
    LoLoBooty
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited February 22, 2019
    LoLoBooty wrote: »

Yup, I also got the 20 bravery seals, medals, and 100 wilderness seals. Along with 3 Server Megas, 40 Merc pots, and 10 Goddess Graces.

Satsue wrote: »
    I have a feeling the "pet thing" that was referred to was simply the free 15 day Hellish Handmaiden comrade.

And yes as well, the pet thing I got was the Hellish Maiden comrade. I never bother with comrades in Vindictus as they're useless to me. I threw them all away in the end.
  • EzerarEzerar
    I logged in and can confirm that all the event rewards are still being given out.
    There is a pop-up that says you got a returning package on the character select before you enter your PIN,
    and I know it doesn't break your "not logging in streak" as long as you don't pick a character
    so you can use that to check to see if you got the rewards if you're not sure if you've waited long enough.
    PrototypemindLoLoBooty