[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Returning to the game

HawkleafHawkleaf
Vindictus Rep: 610
edited January 9, 2019 in New Recruits
Hello! I’m coming back from a year break and am having some difficulty picking out who to main. On my list I have:
Fiona (52 because of a boost to 50 event years ago)
Vella (29)
Kai (40)
Evie (39)
Arisha (43)
Sylas (made last night)
Lynn (made last night)

I liked Arisha’s Spellwhip and watched videos about that, but I also watched some gameplay over Lynn as well as a Sylas video and a Vella CB. I’m leaning towards Sylas, Arisha, Vella, or Lynn at this point. I plan on duoing the game with my bf who plays Miri if that helps. In most games I tend to be support/ranged dps ( glass canon, read boss movements so I don’t die, etc).

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    I always understood "glass cannon" as 1. not being ranged 2. not being support. Basically get up in the boss's face and do damage. Characters like that are: Hurk, Karok, Arisha, twin swords Vella.

Ranged characters are: Kai, staff evie, twin chainblade vella.

The first 70 levels should be easy for the two of you. Miri is one of the strongest characters in the game especially in regards to the earlier content. Cross-gun Kai might be the best complement because you can give him a stamina buff which he may need. Go with what you like though.
  • HawkleafHawkleaf
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    edited January 9, 2019
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    I always understood "glass cannon" as 1. not being ranged 2. not being support. Basically get up in the boss's face and do damage. Characters like that are: Hurk, Karok, Arisha, twin swords Vella.

Ranged characters are: Kai, staff evie, twin chainblade vella.

I always understood glass canon as someone who was a ranged DPS with fragile defense at least in other MMO's I've played (I also play Mabinogi where I tend to play mage/cleric), but our views on that differs and that's okay.

Thanks for your input! I think I'll go for Vella CB or Kai.
    LoLoBooty
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    Hawkleaf wrote: »
    Hello! I’m coming back from a year break and am having some difficulty picking out who to main. On my list I have:
    Fiona (52 because of a boost to 50 event years ago)
    Vella (29)
    Kai (40)
    Evie (39)
    Arisha (43)
    Sylas (made last night)
    Lynn (made last night)

I liked Arisha’s Spellwhip and watched videos about that, but I also watched some gameplay over Lynn as well as a Sylas video and a Vella CB. I’m leaning towards Sylas, Arisha, Vella, or Lynn at this point. I plan on duoing the game with my bf who plays Miri if that helps. In most games I tend to be support/ranged dps ( glass canon, read boss movements so I don’t die, etc).

Thanks for the help!

My advice would be to try a few of the characters you're interested in and play what's funnest to you. You're going to be spending a lot of time on your main so you may as well be having a good time.