[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Grimden's SP-activated Decimation

RealityBreakRealityBreak
Vindictus Rep: 620
in Bug Reporting
Hi, Grimden's Decimation skill that is supposed to activate with SP does not work sometimes. I have enough SP and Decimation stage 3 is not on cooldown, but it quite often just doesn't activate. Someone told me it doesn't work when you're not the host, but even when I host it'll sometimes not activate.

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    I wonder if it doesn't work on specific enemies. Does it seem random when it fails or will it consistently not activate against a certain type of enemy/boss?
  • RealityBreakRealityBreak
    It seems completely random. In some battles, it'll work at some points, and then fail to activate at others in the same battle against the same boss.
  • TechnicallyTechnically
    Vindictus Rep: 450
    I can confirm this as well. It is totally random when it works or doesnt work. It is not a skill that can be relied on at all off hotbar.
    Also, somewhat recently (within the past week), I've noticed that he can begin a teleport animation using Decimation Stage 3, whether it be SP-activated or charged up, and he'll start teleporting but then stop because it seems like he hits an invisible wall. This is really annoying because it wastes the 1.5 second or so that you spent charging the move up.

Decimation Stage 3 will also sometimes hit the front of the enemy if they're turning a lot. This one is more forgivable and seems realistic that he could miss if the enemy is moving quite a bit, but it could be a bug.
  • SatsueSatsue
    Vindictus Rep: 1,615
    I noticed this as well, and even more, even when bosses aren't spinning around and such, I'll sometimes end up striking them in the front instead anyways.

As for the SP activated version of Decimation, I've seriously only had it work about 5% of the times I've used it, and even then I feel it might be generous, because off the top of my head I can only think of about two times it worked correctly.

It's to the point where i just gave up trying to use it anymore because it just does nothing other than leave a Decimation mark on the boss for the entire fight when it fails.
    Satsue wrote: »
    I noticed this as well, and even more, even when bosses aren't spinning around and such, I'll sometimes end up striking them in the front instead anyways.

I think you're right about this. I was doing some ancient elchulus runs and used Decimation Stage 3 when he wasn't turning and would frequently not hit him from 'the back'. This skill needs to be looked at hard and fixed, I love playing Grimden otherwise.

• xDARKxSOULxxDARKxSOULx
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    So when can we expect to fix the error? Grimmden came one month ago and I can't believe that nobody has ever heard of it before especially administrators.