[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is it good for business...

TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
Vindictus Rep: 3,975
edited November 22, 2016 in General Discussion
... that a lot of the outfitter set in the Black Friday gacha stay account bound?
Nexon said:

The following items can be sent to other characters on the same account:

Special Trivine Witch Set
Special Tieve Set
Special Captain Keaghan Set
Sealed Black Elchulus Wing
[Limited] Special Great Adventurer Set
[Limited] Special Demon Hunter Set
[Limited] Smooth Summer Set
[Limited] Summer Sunflower Set
Special Stadium Set
Special Field Set
I had hoped these set (Trivene set, to be exact) would become tradeable, so I could spend gold to buy it from someone. By making them bound to account, doesn't it make the gacha less appealing to those who already have those set and plan to sell them for money?

Comments

• BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I pretty much decided I wouldn't buy it when I saw $5 for a box and not even any special bundle discount (11 for $45 or something) but yeah that makes it even less appealing cause there's no way to hope you get what you want, but even if you didn't you're stuck with what you didn't... yipee?
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    If you can even call it an "increase".

Not worth.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    People will buy it like hot cake
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    ^But what about players? This player won't. At that price they are redefining the phrase "paying for pixels." Every other company is a having a sale which lowers prices. Nexon NA decided to raise their prices on gacha boxes, on the oldest, most dying game in their library.

GG
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    quietguy
    quietguy said:

^But what about players? This player won't. At that price they are redefining the phrase "paying for pixels." Every other company is a having a sale which lowers prices. Nexon NA decided to raise their prices on gacha boxes, on the oldest, most dying game in their library.

GG
    Eh some other MMOs I play are offering returning items at prices similar to what they were on release, including gacha boxes (it's not just Nexon!). Black Friday is about getting operation out of the red and into the black, and while discounts are one way to possibly drive up consumer interest and spending, exclusivity is another. If I can tell you anything about this game, people will pay to be a special snowflake.
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Necrochild

If I can tell you anything about this game, people will pay to be a special snowflake.
    Yes, I understand some people have zero shame.

• CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Not to mention this isn't the sale item. The Black Friday package is on a massive discount from buying each item individually, they have the Brynn enchant pack which if nothing else gives you an Enchant Rune slightly cheaper than an individual one, and I'm certain they will do sales on Dye Ampoules, Battle Boxes, and probably enhance packages down the line. This is just more of a special offer "get it while you can" box that combines a variety of previous gacha boxes into one.

Though I do agree they should've gone and made the outfits able to be traded this time around. Even in KR I'm not sure why they decided this set of special outfits would never be able to be transferred or sold.