[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Twitch Bounty Fail or Success?

Comments

• RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited December 21, 2018
    The problem that we have to admit is that Vindictus is an ordinary hack and slash game but MMO-oriented. Like every game it gets more difficult as you progress, and when you do the low level battles it looks and feels just like another hack and slash game. What the end-game battles provide is the difficulty of a bossfight of a normal action game, but what Vindictus developers did is that they multiplied the boss HP's and Def's, so that it requires a party or at least a decent gear to beat them. That's why it's MMO-oriented that the newcomers don't know about because it looks like another medieval fantasy action game at first sight.

But the solution is simple.

They should just start a publicly accessible test server with 50x-100x exp multiplier and limited play time, for example characters older than a week get deleted.

The population part could be solved by either:
    - AI party members
    - allowing live server players to join or host test server battles (although there would be no rewards for them)
    - weakening the bosses on the test server just a little bit, so that it wouldn't require the players to do it with other players, but they would be strong enough to cause them to repeat the battle, because the longer the battle is the more errors you can make if you haven't practiced it enough, and a 5-10 minute bossfight is the average in single player games too
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Sir_Render wrote: »
    Also this game is riddled with pretty important bugs that have never been fixed(Like Vella's Face Tank Crosscut or Dellia's Magnetic Dodge) and still doesn't run smoothly on just about anything (GTX980Ti + 1 Year old Computer of pretty high quality = Still gets 40FPS that drops to 20FPS in some areas and moments

Off topic, but what's a 1 year old pc of "pretty high quality," mean in this case? What's the processor & is it a laptop or desktop?

By pretty high quality I tried to get the best parts I could get
    I had some help making it as I'm not super tech savvy
    Processor > Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    It's a Desktop with 8GB Ram

It's not the Very best like noone ever was but i believe it is significantly better than what Vindictus should handle
    I haven't yet played a game that it cannot handle cept Vindi apparently XD