[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Twitch Bounty Fail or Success?

TealHeartsTealHearts
Vindictus Rep: 1,210
edited December 19, 2018 in General Discussion

After watching some streamers play vindictus on Twitch
i had the feeling most new faces saw nothing what this game has to offer.
some didn't even took the time to play over 5 matches.

i know we asked for some kind of advertisements
in the Vindictus Community for years, but is this the real solution?

what do you think?

List of Twitch Bounty Streams:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/351010849?t=01h55m19s

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/351102096?t=00h45m33s

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/351061893?t=05h01m48s

⏵Guild: Prospectors⏴
❤【Trusted NX Seller ⁽ᴱᵁ⁾】 ✧ 【Guild Master】❤
2edgy4u

Comments

• TealHeartsTealHearts
    Vindictus Rep: 1,210
    edited December 19, 2018
    Also some streamers got plagued with loading screens and some even crashed while use 1080 cards.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedKawaiiDeerTebowing

https://clips.twitch.tv/DrabCaringBison4Head

⏵Guild: Prospectors⏴
    ❤【Trusted NX Seller ⁽ᴱᵁ⁾】 ✧ 【Guild Master】❤
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Seems like these people only really did the Bounties for some quick free cash, without caring much about the game in the first place. Of course they wouldn't get invested in a game that they just took a look at because there was something to gain for them.

Also, the used graphics card has absolutely nothing to do with crashes. I mean, there are people playing it on potato laptops without many problems (aside from FPS).
    2edgy4u
  • PrettyyPrettyy
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    I wouldn’t expect any measurable impact on vindi community, when The Game starts from season 3 and all the streamers are inexperienced people who lack of abilities to showcase any unique aspects of Vindictus, just chasing for some cash (can’t blame them for that). I’d say, it’s better than nothing. :)
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    I would gladly stream vindictus if I had a more consistent schedule. That and twitch's lack of a higher allowed bitrate. I tend to flick my camera around a lot in game and that causes serious artifacting at the low bit-rate that twitch allows.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Again, it's hilarious that the Vindi team thinks the way to pull in viewers is to throw a bunch of money at randos to stream their content. This is just like back in S2 when they paid some garbage "gamer crew" who had zero interest in anything but the money to do a first impressions video in a bunch of free gear. They had no idea how to use their characters, they had no idea of the mechanics, and they couldn't care less about how they made the game look. How many active Vindi streamers are there that they easily could have picked to do this showcase instead of just throwing up bounties and hoping they were noticed by someone worthwhile?

Lesson to be learned: corporations are always throwing out money, you just need to be in the right place at the right time to catch it, no scruples required. This is exactly why Nexoff just had such a huge round of layoffs, because they just throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks. I understand that Vindi isn't a priority when MS2 and mobile titles are raking in the cash, but if they're going to make and effort at least make a real one. Sad as ever.
    Shizukaa
  • TolPotatoTolPotato
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    It does a decent job of at least giving the game some modicum of publicity, but the problem is that none of the streamers gave a crap, and they all streamed the exact same level 1-30 super boring first levels. The entirety of the game up until level 70 is basically a grindy tutorial that really doesn't highlight what the game has to offer. At least they are trying to promote the game I suppose.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    I agree they should have the twitch streamer partner up with real players . Showing a MMO by playing with yourself is idiotic. Give the well known twitch guy a premade charcter and have him play before streaming (so they do not end up dead on the ground) and get him in to some raids with real players . Or have anyone actually teach them how to play.
    DaimusSir_RenderShizukaaAruks
  • MaiksterMaikster
    Vindictus Rep: 605
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    I agree they should have the twitch streamer partner up with real players . Showing a MMO by playing with yourself is idiotic. Give the well known twitch guy a premade charcter and have him play before streaming (so they do not end up dead on the ground) and get him in to some raids with real players . Or have anyone actually teach them how to play.

This honestly would be a great idea. They need the streamers to be able to show end game content, early game in most MMOs usually isn't representative of what can be had in the end game as it is.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Maikster wrote: »

This honestly would be a great idea. They need the streamers to be able to show end game content, early game in most MMOs usually isn't representative of what can be had in the end game as it is.

I thought they did something like that before in the past. I remember watching a stream/video where they handed streamers high-level characters and they went to try succubus Queen back when she was end game. I know Achievement Hunter did something like that too for Vin.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Maikster wrote: »

I thought they did something like that before in the past. I remember watching a stream/video where they handed streamers high-level characters and they went to try succubus Queen back when she was end game. I know Achievement Hunter did something like that too for Vin.

i remember the achievement hunter one it was really cringey. They were more concerned about cracking jokes than actually showcasing the game. They only showed s1 elchulus granted it was pre rise so he wasn't a super pushover then but i'm pretty sure i remember them trying to kill elchy without smashes. They were never told the controls of the game probably and just told to crack jokes.
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    As a new/returning player to Vindictus, I feel this game is fun.. yet greatly outdated and lacking in crucial content.

Good

-PvE

Bad

-Good/Acceptable PvP (major population attraction)
    -Openworld (major population attraction)
    -Updated graphics and textures
    -Indepth sliders

Meanwhile games like Black Desert Online has these things (minus fun PvE) and they're thriving in population in comparison. As a new player not hopped off nostilga,why stay here when black desert online exist? Despite questionable choices, people gravitate to bdo more.

The truth is- Vindictus need massively update with times to stay relevant .or the player base will continue to duwende .Really can't be upset more people aren't interested like these random steamers.

Selling Vindictus is also a choice (shrugs)
  • MaiksterMaikster
    Vindictus Rep: 605
    edited December 19, 2018
    Twln wrote: »
    Meanwhile games like Black Desert Online has these things (minus fun PvE) and they're thriving in population in comparison. As a new player not hopped off nostilga,why stay here when black desert online exist? Despite questionable choices, people gravitate to bdo more.shrugs)

Because the PvE isn't fun. :'^) I'm one of those weird people who honestly don't enjoy PvP content all that much in MMOs.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Meanwhile games like Black Desert Online has these things (minus fun PvE) and they're thriving in population in comparison. As a new player not hopped off nostilga,why stay here when black desert online exist? Despite questionable choices, people gravitate to bdo more.

Because the BDO combat gameplay and PvE is WAY inferior compared to Vindictus. Not everyone is masochistic enough to enjoy endless mob grinding while getting their head kicked in by a player that just has a little bit better gear than them, just because you happen to grind in a spot that you didn't know was 'owned' by that player.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited December 19, 2018

Because no game out there scratches my itch for combat like Vin. The combat, the bosses, and the music all combine together for an experience that's yet to be matched.

Also, as far as updating the graphics, some of the later areas bolster beautiful scenery such as Lugh's and Aes's arenas. But then again, graphics aren't everything in a game.
  • AzzuraAzzura
    Vindictus Rep: 630

Because no game out there scratches my itch for combat like Vin. The combat, the bosses, and the music all combine together for an experience that's yet to be matched.

Also, as far as updating the graphics, some of the later areas bolster beautiful scenery such as Lugh's and Aes's arenas. But then again, graphics aren't everything in a game.

The graphics in this game are nice, however look poor and affect people's performance too much because of the fact it runs on Source Engine 1. It needs to be updated to Source Engine 2. It would look better, run better, and the gameplay would be better, hitboxes could be better.

My jab at Vindictus is paying streamers to play a game that Nexon themselves made to only be good once you get past the 1 through 90 tutorial of the game is stupid. I just watched a streamer do 2 battle in Perilous Ruins then stop playing.
  • TwlnTwln

I'm sorry. If this were true, Vindictus would be more populated than Black Desert Online. Numbers dont lie.

Regardless try to see the point of my comment instead of cherry picking specific sentences. Vindictus needs more than advertisement - she needs polish, shine,fleshing out and refinement to rightfully grow. Then advertisement.
    Graphics overhauls does show developers are confident to reinvesting into their game.Newer players are also drawn to shiny graphics. Anyways, Its ok for this engine. Then your back in your original hub area. Until then newer players only see the beginning area and beginner dungeons. Its not visually impressive at all and leaves much to be desired.

People might take my comment as Black Desert being better than Vindictus . When actually im listing flaws newer players would most likely have with Vindictus in 2018 /2019. Other mmos are doing simple things besides Black Desert Online that Vindictus should be doing. Failing to evolve beyond their strengths will result in stagnating player retention and or general lack of interest . Currently Vindictus feels like a really nice PvE mode and nothing else.

Sir_Render
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited December 19, 2018

I'm sorry. If this were true, Vindictus would be more populated than Black Desert Online. Numbers dont lie.

Regardless try to see the point of my comment instead of cherry picking specific sentences.

I wasn't necessarily cherry picking, but rather answering your question. You asked why stay here when bdo exists and I merely answered with my opinion as to provide insight from another perspective. "...scratches my itch for combat..." This implies my opinion, and shouldn't be taken as fact. I simply stated why I choose to stay here.

Azzura wrote: »
    My jab at Vindictus is paying streamers to play a game that Nexon themselves made to only be good once you get past the 1 through 90 tutorial of the game is stupid. I just watched a streamer do 2 battle in Perilous Ruins then stop playing.
    Until then newer players only see the beginning area and beginner dungeons. Its not visually impressive at all and leaves much to be desired.

Both of you make relatively similar points in terms of Vin's starter areas not being interesting whether if be from a content or graphical perspective. This is why I personally look at the endgame scene of any game I intend to play. I'm not about to invest my time leveling in boredom if the payoff at endgame fails to outweigh the grind to said endgame. Vin's endgame scene, in my opinion, drastically outweighs the leveling process and makes investing the time worth it. I'm willing to be the streamers @Azzura mentioned never looked at what Vin offers after level 90. If they had seen what Vin offers near the top, they might have been interested enough to stick around.
  • TwlnTwln
    I wasn't necessarily cherry picking, but rather answering your question. You asked why stay here when bdo exists and I merely answered with my opinion as to provide insight from another perspective. "...scratches my itch for combat..." This implies my opinion, and shouldn't be taken as fact. I simply stated why I choose to stay here.

My bad.Thats understandable . My original posted simply stated a game needs successfully branch out in a correct manner to get more interest from others. For example Fortnight didnt become popular as it is today until they branched in a sort of PvP people are interested in with their unique mechanics to set themselves apart. Polish is also key.
    Azzura wrote: »

Sounds stupid, but that's literally how far some people get before quitting. A streamer I watched from Black Desert Online - a fairly known and insanely geared streamer guy named WallofKai played Vindictus for literally 10 minutes before decided it wasn't worth his time.

Cant be really mad at these players. It just goes to show Vindictus needs to have more good activities than currently. The low population is telling something needs to be done now. This doesnt give me confidants Nexon has faith in Vindictus success anymore. Could have easily been a Vindictus 2 project.

Rapthorne Lightweaver
    5 months ago
    01:56 Project DH preview

• CloakshireCloakshire
    edited December 19, 2018
    @Twln I'm sorry, but I can't take anything that Bytestix says seriously after he pissed off the Vindictus community earlier this year in this thread.

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/14481/vindictus-2018-impressions-review/p1
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited December 19, 2018
    Ok, I did actually watch through those 3 streams the op posted and I'd like to say those 3 people actually did give the game a chance and while it probably was just for the bounty you can't say they didn't try to see past the dated flaws of the game unlike people like bytestix and lazypeon. I think all 3 of them enjoyed the combat a lot even with their gimped level 1 characters which i thought was great because that's where vindi excels and expands upon as you level up. Another big thing they liked was the character creation which was excellent for a 2010 game and had many characters so you can find one character they'd enjoy. It was interesting they all liked and picked different characters. I think tipsout was probably the most knowledgeable of what he was getting into because he had played the game for 4 hours before stream as evidenced by his 2nd character in character selection and him saying as such. The common complaint from all of them was that the game was way too easy in the first areas which i agree if you don't know about the endgame what's the point of staying in "im an unkillable god ville". I don't think it's fair to write this stream bounty project off as a complete failure, it did expose a bunch of people to this game.

"Is this game still in early access?" -tipsout
    "ya it's an 8 year old beta" -twitch commenter
    Sir_Render