[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How excited are you for Grimden?

Comments

  • NoSleepNoSleep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,195
    Posts: 45
    Member
    AngelYukki wrote: »
    Menrva wrote: »

    That's bull, Vindi is pure gold buying nowadays. It's impossible to farm anything these days. Nothing droppable at lower content is worth anything.
    Anything worth something is locked behind exclusive end game content, and how the **** are you gonna get there if you have nothing to begin with and can't even queue? Buy tons of gold or NX boxes, I guess.

    It's not like the old times where there were 100m, 200m drops or even more.

    The most expensive scroll drop isn't even enough to restore one piece of equipment to try enhancing again. I imagine the increased chance for your next try must be something useless like 1% per try, if I learned anything from this game.

    Screw this, the main story shouldn't be locked behind a paywall

    Grind gold via S2, making element stones, getting drops from 90s and 95s, onslaught, etc. There are so many ways to farm gold nowadays compared to before. I still run S1 and S2 for gold so it's not a problem of it not being worth anything - it's a problem of you not knowing what to farm.
    In fact, with the release of steels and having them drop from lower level raids, you should have no trouble making gold.

    But if you're in such a rush to do lv 100 raids, just make a boat outside of QB and get guildmates and friends to join.

    The only ES that's worth anything is The Dead? Everything else is barely 5-10m on a good day. What exactly in S1 is worth selling again? I've found 3x steels out of running 400x of S3 for 1 month on 2x characters which I sold for a massive profit of 21m. Other than megaing over and over no one would join a non-QB unless your friends are OK with you doing .73% DPS. Farming is dead.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Posts: 1,320
    Member
    edited December 10, 2018
    NoSleep wrote: »
    The only ES that's worth anything is The Dead? Everything else is barely 5-10m on a good day. What exactly in S1 is worth selling again? I've found 3x steels out of running 400x of S3 for 1 month on 2x characters which I sold for a massive profit of 21m. Other than megaing over and over no one would join a non-QB unless your friends are OK with you doing .73% DPS. Farming is dead.

    The formerly undergeared people who are in the best place to hop in and start farming without too much stress are people getting the new 90/Returning Merc boxes. That full enchanted +12 set will get you into Dulla, Aes, Fishy, and all below content. That means you can get Dulla Essences, The Dead, Capture, Weeping, Echoing, and Infinite, as well as a few older scrolls and essences that still sell for 1 or 2m a piece. At least from that point you can work your way up somewhat reasonably, though the roadblock will definitely be getting enough CF to do the two new raids.

    It still might be a good time to simply wait for what's to come. As we get the new areas we should actually get purple ores for 95 gear, making it much less expensive to craft and enhance +12 items. I've started regearing one main only after selling all of my 95 items that I could, but after I get my Grimden packages and delete him I'll likely hold off on gearing anyone else for a bit. Prices have crashed almost since day one because there is such a small set of players even able to afford to buy and mess with 100 level sets. You can see from the huge excess of WTB messages that go on in game that most of the whales/long timers who horded cash shop items to quickly turn new gear into money aren't around like they used to be.

    Considering all the active and upcoming events the population still isn't that great and even with botters helping to control prices, it's not the easiest thing to gear even one character to be ready for end game content because as always there's a scarcity of what's needed. The best shot at hopping in was back during the Road to 85 and the release of S3. Rise has too many back and forth changes in systems to really reward anyone who's not exceptionally lucky or shrewd, and sadly even things like the reforging system don't counteract that fully because of the mat cost for every reforge attempt.

    TLDR: it's better than it could be, but yes, buying gold is probably the best bang for your buck because of the way the game is run. An absolutely brand new player is probably going to burn themselves out on the RNG before they really feel like they're progressing. Makes you miss the old days when literally all content was valuable in some way or another since that presented both challenge and reward no matter what gear level players were at.
    aylbdr
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,000
    Posts: 184
    Member
    NoSleep wrote: »
    The only ES that's worth anything is The Dead? Everything else is barely 5-10m on a good day. What exactly in S1 is worth selling again? I've found 3x steels out of running 400x of S3 for 1 month on 2x characters which I sold for a massive profit of 21m. Other than megaing over and over no one would join a non-QB unless your friends are OK with you doing .73% DPS. Farming is dead.

    Using prices from today
    From 90 raids
    - Chaotic - 13m
    - Immoral - 2m
    - Righteous -10m
    - Spirited - 3m
    - Judgement - 10m
    - The Dead - 60m
    - Subdued - 20m
    - Weeping - 20m
    - Echoing - 10m
    - Heartless - 25m
    - Stigma - Bought out, couldn't check lmao
    - Oranges - Minimum 1m

    From 95 Raids
    - Infinite - 20m
    - Capture - 30m
    - Sealed - 50m / 90m weird undercutting
    - Truth - 35m / 70m weird undercutting
    - Aes and dulla essences - 35m+
    - Oranges - Minimum 1m

    As you can see, not everything is 'barely 5-10m.'

    Season 1 - Quick battles that give lots of equipment (2-3 per run). Dismantle into element stone catalyst and craft into element stones .
    Same thing with season 2 + enchant scrolls from it.

    In terms of the amount of steel you got, I can't tell if that's supposed to be 3, or 30s - if it's 3, that's a yikes, you're just hella unlucky lmfao. Are you using VIP, guild bonus core, and cadet badge? lmao
    Either way, you could've chosen to do onslaught to get guaranteed steels.

    It's not about getting a super expensive drop to get gold. It's about getting several small drops and selling everything. Once again, MMO = grind

    In terms of starting battles without quick battle, I offered you one way of entering the battle without the requirements so you could see the end game content. And like you said, the requirements for QB are there for a reason - so that you aren't useless in the run. Hence, locking end-game content 'behind a paywall' makes sense.
    CascaJinyie
  • AxxonAxxon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    Posts: 44
    Member
    edited December 10, 2018
    Meanwhile an Evie that actually plays the game and before you rage, yes I'm back from a 1-year break and I started just with Returning gear :

    Running Eochaid up to Rapacitus (+RAR) twice a day FOR ONLY A WEEK gave me enough stuff to do 4 accessories for Claire (Earring, belt and Aes Sidhe ring are really cheap and Dulla ring is dropping...)

    Then, 3* Coupon for returning player on the weapon, Premium Soap bonus, Vanguard and tweaks here and there = I can Add Elchulus to my schedule (And honestly, Claire is already more than enough drop wise). Get carried in a few balor here and there (15-20min a run now)

    HINT : Join a REAL guild, one more drop and +3 Raids a day for free !

    I didn't even lose my clover bonus (means I played for less than 4 weeks) and just doing raids Eochaid to Rapacitus + Claire/Elchulus later gave me full Astera +12 armor and weapon with R7 enchants without trying...

    And all the other S3 raids give Damascus Steel and R7/R6 enchants. Dullahan, Claire, Aes Sidhe and Elchulus are better for obvious reason but all the others are worth the same drop wise.

    I mean, are you complainers playng the same game as me ? It's as if you expect to get 50mil just for 2-3 raids a day.

    Don'T play the game if you find Astera set hard to gather, that's the EZ PZ casual part. The real game begins when you gotta do redeemers for stats, Synthesis, Ein lacher, do R6 enchant replacement and Reforge your gear. And if you are already Deep within Dullahan set, just skip Astera and go +15 Dulla...
    AngelYukkiJinyie
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    Posts: 250
    Member
    Axxon wrote: »
    Meanwhile an Evie that actually plays the game and before you rage, yes I'm back from a 1-year break and I started just with Returning gear :

    Running Eochaid up to Rapacitus (+RAR) twice a day FOR ONLY A WEEK gave me enough stuff to do 4 accessories for Claire (Earring, belt and Aes Sidhe ring are really cheap and Dulla ring is dropping...)

    Then, 3* Coupon for returning player on the weapon, Premium Soap bonus, Vanguard and tweaks here and there = I can Add Elchulus to my schedule (And honestly, Claire is already more than enough drop wise). Get carried in a few balor here and there (15-20min a run now)

    HINT : Join a REAL guild, one more drop and +3 Raids a day for free !

    I didn't even lose my clover bonus (means I played for less than 4 weeks) and just doing raids Eochaid to Rapacitus + Claire/Elchulus later gave me full Astera +12 armor and weapon with R7 enchants without trying...

    And all the other S3 raids give Damascus Steel and R7/R6 enchants. Dullahan, Claire, Aes Sidhe and Elchulus are better for obvious reason but all the others are worth the same drop wise.

    I mean, are you complainers playng the same game as me ? It's as if you expect to get 50mil just for 2-3 raids a day.

    Don'T play the game if you find Astera set hard to gather, that's the EZ PZ casual part. The real game begins when you gotta do redeemers for stats, Synthesis, Ein lacher, do R6 enchant replacement and Reforge your gear. And if you are already Deep within Dullahan set, just skip Astera and go +15 Dulla...

    I agree with all you've said. Some people are just really entitled and forgot there was a game to played here (what will they do once they've gotten max gear via gold buying?). An alternative to just buying everything with gold you could do my method of getting gear with just waiting for everything to drop for you and sell drops I don't need.
    AngelYukkiJinyieCloakshire
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Posts: 87
    Member
    Axxon wrote: »
    I didn't even lose my clover bonus (means I played for less than 4 weeks) and just doing raids Eochaid to Rapacitus + Claire/Elchulus later gave me full Astera +12 armor and weapon with R7 enchants without trying...

    Cool story.. i almost believe you ty for the laugh.


    Btw op must be sad about this thread direction xD

  • TheNeverMoreTheNeverMore
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    Posts: 13
    Member
    edited December 11, 2018
    Menrva wrote: »
    AngelYukki wrote: »
    wow its almost like you expect to do all the end game content immediately as a new player instead of grinding for things like in a normal mmor

    That's bull, Vindi is pure gold buying nowadays. It's impossible to farm anything these days. Nothing droppable at lower content is worth anything.
    Anything worth something is locked behind exclusive end game content, and how the **** are you gonna get there if you have nothing to begin with and can't even queue? Buy tons of gold or NX boxes, I guess.

    It's not like the old times where there were 100m, 200m drops or even more.

    The most expensive scroll drop isn't even enough to restore one piece of equipment to try enhancing again. I imagine the increased chance for your next try must be something useless like 1% per try, if I learned anything from this game.

    Screw this, the main story shouldn't be locked behind a paywall

    I'm a returning veteram, used the freebie gear during those past 30 days, heres what i have archieved:
    - lvl 95 Rings +20 4 Stars both balance infusion
    -+15 lvl 90 weapon
    -+13 Astera weapon 4* almost maxed out mats
    - +15 earings and belt infused (ok, those are cheap)

    Those are the most notable things, and i bought only 10kNX (need a couple of unbind potions).
    Yes, i had some luck strikes, got a silver DRE bracelet, a few scrolls (2 convictions) e some damascus steel.
    What i did was just try to enjoy the game, not rush over things, actually played to have fun and somehow the drops came naturally.
    Also, lvling up some alts helps, dismantle all those gears and sell the element stones, the silver bracelet DRE ive got came from an alt.

  • EonWolfEonWolf
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Posts: 2
    Member
    Was semi excited till I saw that not only did they not release a normal IN SHOP avatar costume purchase so I can buy for him but they go ahead and release a gatcha that not only will cost you an arm and a leg to buy and get any of the male costumes but the ones for males don't even look that good.
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited December 11, 2018
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    Axxon wrote: »
    Meanwhile an Evie that actually plays the game and before you rage, yes I'm back from a 1-year break and I started just with Returning gear :

    Running Eochaid up to Rapacitus (+RAR) twice a day FOR ONLY A WEEK gave me enough stuff to do 4 accessories for Claire (Earring, belt and Aes Sidhe ring are really cheap and Dulla ring is dropping...)

    Then, 3* Coupon for returning player on the weapon, Premium Soap bonus, Vanguard and tweaks here and there = I can Add Elchulus to my schedule (And honestly, Claire is already more than enough drop wise). Get carried in a few balor here and there (15-20min a run now)

    HINT : Join a REAL guild, one more drop and +3 Raids a day for free !

    I didn't even lose my clover bonus (means I played for less than 4 weeks) and just doing raids Eochaid to Rapacitus + Claire/Elchulus later gave me full Astera +12 armor and weapon with R7 enchants without trying...

    And all the other S3 raids give Damascus Steel and R7/R6 enchants. Dullahan, Claire, Aes Sidhe and Elchulus are better for obvious reason but all the others are worth the same drop wise.

    I mean, are you complainers playng the same game as me ? It's as if you expect to get 50mil just for 2-3 raids a day.

    Don'T play the game if you find Astera set hard to gather, that's the EZ PZ casual part. The real game begins when you gotta do redeemers for stats, Synthesis, Ein lacher, do R6 enchant replacement and Reforge your gear. And if you are already Deep within Dullahan set, just skip Astera and go +15 Dulla...

    I agree with all you've said. Some people are just really entitled and forgot there was a game to played here (what will they do once they've gotten max gear via gold buying?). An alternative to just buying everything with gold you could do my method of getting gear with just waiting for everything to drop for you and sell drops I don't need.

    Alienating new and returning players is the worst thing that could possibly be done for a dying game. The MMO excuse is irrelevant.

    Keep living on your whales while it lasts, I guess. No new player in their right mind will waste their time with the unforgiving gearing system. **** Vindi's RNG, I'm finally done with it, and I've been around since closed beta.
  • AxxonAxxon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    Posts: 44
    Member
    Menrva wrote: »

    Alienating new and returning players is the worst thing that could possibly be done for a dying game. The MMO excuse is irrelevant.

    Keep living on your whales while it lasts, I guess. No new player in their right mind will waste their time with the unforgiving gearing system. **** Vindi's RNG, I'm finally done with it, and I've been around since closed beta.

    You do realise new players get the same gear as returning players reach lvl 90 ?

    The free gear let you do EVERYTHING except Astera and reaching 75 CF is easy : Worst case ? Make an Abom belt, Eochaid earring and Aes Ring (that one is much cheaper), put them +11 and TADA you got yourself enough CF if you take a Kitty potion for that Daily Claire.

    If the game spoonfed us to give free gear strong enough to clear Macha right away, the game would be boring because you would have no reason to gear at all. Astera is end-game it's not meant to be reached ASAP. All games got content for geared player (Astera) and hardcore player (Redeemers) and that Astera ''Gear wall'' is not even thick to begin with. You just need to stack CF with Free gear to clear Claire, then you can start making armor (cheap) to clear elchulus and slowly grind your way up to Macha.

    Astera bosses are really generous in their drops, even just unlocking one of them will help alot to stack more CF and making Astera set.
    aylbdrJinyie
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited December 11, 2018
    Axxon wrote: »
    Menrva wrote: »

    Alienating new and returning players is the worst thing that could possibly be done for a dying game. The MMO excuse is irrelevant.

    Keep living on your whales while it lasts, I guess. No new player in their right mind will waste their time with the unforgiving gearing system. **** Vindi's RNG, I'm finally done with it, and I've been around since closed beta.

    You do realise new players get the same gear as returning players reach lvl 90 ?

    The free gear let you do EVERYTHING except Astera and reaching 75 CF is easy : Worst case ? Make an Abom belt, Eochaid earring and Aes Ring (that one is much cheaper), put them +11 and TADA you got yourself enough CF if you take a Kitty potion for that Daily Claire.

    If the game spoonfed us to give free gear strong enough to clear Macha right away, the game would be boring because you would have no reason to gear at all. Astera is end-game it's not meant to be reached ASAP. All games got content for geared player (Astera) and hardcore player (Redeemers) and that Astera ''Gear wall'' is not even thick to begin with. You just need to stack CF with Free gear to clear Claire, then you can start making armor (cheap) to clear elchulus and slowly grind your way up to Macha.

    Astera bosses are really generous in their drops, even just unlocking one of them will help alot to stack more CF and making Astera set.

    Wow, bust your ass to maybe get a chance to get a +11 if the RNG gods are with you so that you can unlock one single raid and then maybe have a chance at getting higher level gear which you will need to enhance and enchant all over again using your non-gold buying funds

    Sure is new players friendly. I can't wait for future content as the cap gets more and more frustrating to reach. Screw alt characters too, I guess. Be forced to pour it all into one and be stuck playing them. Wonder what's the next BS stat they will come up with. Enhance your pets and Kitty Brooch to +15 to raise your CounterFluff stat and gain access to 25% of Season 5!

    That people think grinding is perfectly okay for a game in Vindi's state is a joke. I am completely sure 95% of players who dare start this game now will never even be able to reach end-game and burn out. Plenty of more forgiving, less dead games out there.

    Vindi's current direction is simple - the rich easily get richer playing their exclusive content, and the newcomers get screwed or give into the paywall.

    Is this game even about skill anymore? Action rpg? What a joke.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,000
    Posts: 184
    Member
    Menrva wrote: »

    Wow, bust your ass to maybe get a chance to get a +11 if the RNG gods are with you so that you can unlock one single raid and then maybe have a chance at getting higher level gear which you will need to enhance and enchant all over again using your non-gold buying funds


    The gear given is already +12. Enhancing accessories has a much higher chance in comparison, will not break the gear, and does not require the reforge system.
    Once enough CF is obtained, you don't really need to get new accessories.

    Menrva wrote: »
    Sure is new players friendly. I can't wait for future content as the cap gets more and more frustrating to reach. Screw alt characters too, I guess. Be forced to pour it all into one and be stuck playing them. Wonder what's the next BS stat they will come up with. Enhance your pets and Kitty Brooch to +15 to raise your CounterFluff stat and gain access to 25% of Season 5!


    Different updated gear will probably be given to update with future caps..
    Alt characters are given the same OP free gear as everyone else once they reach a certain level. As stated before, getting enough CF to enter 100 raids is not that large of a gold barrier.

    Menrva wrote: »
    That people think grinding is perfectly okay for a game in Vindi's state is a joke. I am completely sure 95% of players who dare start this game now will never even be able to reach end-game and burn out. Plenty of more forgiving, less dead games out there.

    Vindi's current direction is simple - the rich easily get richer playing their exclusive content, and the newcomers get screwed or give into the paywall.

    Is this game even about skill anymore? Action rpg? What a joke.


    That people think they can prance into the game as a returning player in a korean MMO and be broken OP doing end game content without putting in minimal time is a joke. Yes, this game is still about skill since gearing can only take you so far if you're a **** player. Especially one who puts in no effort.
    aylbdr
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 84
    Member
    AngelYukki wrote: »
    Menrva wrote: »

    Wow, bust your ass to maybe get a chance to get a +11 if the RNG gods are with you so that you can unlock one single raid and then maybe have a chance at getting higher level gear which you will need to enhance and enchant all over again using your non-gold buying funds


    The gear given is already +12. Enhancing accessories has a much higher chance in comparison, will not break the gear, and does not require the reforge system.
    Once enough CF is obtained, you don't really need to get new accessories.

    Menrva wrote: »
    Sure is new players friendly. I can't wait for future content as the cap gets more and more frustrating to reach. Screw alt characters too, I guess. Be forced to pour it all into one and be stuck playing them. Wonder what's the next BS stat they will come up with. Enhance your pets and Kitty Brooch to +15 to raise your CounterFluff stat and gain access to 25% of Season 5!


    Different updated gear will probably be given to update with future caps..
    Alt characters are given the same OP free gear as everyone else once they reach a certain level. As stated before, getting enough CF to enter 100 raids is not that large of a gold barrier.

    Menrva wrote: »
    That people think grinding is perfectly okay for a game in Vindi's state is a joke. I am completely sure 95% of players who dare start this game now will never even be able to reach end-game and burn out. Plenty of more forgiving, less dead games out there.

    Vindi's current direction is simple - the rich easily get richer playing their exclusive content, and the newcomers get screwed or give into the paywall.

    Is this game even about skill anymore? Action rpg? What a joke.


    That people think they can prance into the game as a returning player in a korean MMO and be broken OP doing end game content without putting in minimal time is a joke. Yes, this game is still about skill since gearing can only take you so far if you're a **** player. Especially one who puts in no effort.

    Yeah, it's about Ferghus' skill as a blacksmith, and the gold bots' skill at not getting banned.
    aylbdr
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,470
    Posts: 646
    Member
    edited December 12, 2018
    Menrva wrote: »
    Yeah, it's about Ferghus' skill as a blacksmith, and the gold bots' skill at not getting banned.

    I've been debating on whether or not to chime in, but are you actually reading the replies you're getting? The points @AngelYukki made is constructive feedback but yet you argue or reply with some sarcastic snark in an attempt to dismiss what he says. Others here like @Axxon and @TheNeverMore have provided some good points, but yet you still complain. I think I'm noticing a trend because this is the exact same kind of crying and complaining you put on display in this thread over a year ago:

    Power and Tech. Requirements for Dullahan

    So are you going to keep complaining about what you don't have? Or are you going to be like the rest of us and work to get what you don't have?
    AngelYukki
  • MetaMeta
    Vindictus Rep: 555
    Posts: 31
    Member
    edited December 12, 2018
    Menrva wrote: »
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    Axxon wrote: »
    Meanwhile an Evie that actually plays the game and before you rage, yes I'm back from a 1-year break and I started just with Returning gear :

    Running Eochaid up to Rapacitus (+RAR) twice a day FOR ONLY A WEEK gave me enough stuff to do 4 accessories for Claire (Earring, belt and Aes Sidhe ring are really cheap and Dulla ring is dropping...)

    Then, 3* Coupon for returning player on the weapon, Premium Soap bonus, Vanguard and tweaks here and there = I can Add Elchulus to my schedule (And honestly, Claire is already more than enough drop wise). Get carried in a few balor here and there (15-20min a run now)

    HINT : Join a REAL guild, one more drop and +3 Raids a day for free !

    I didn't even lose my clover bonus (means I played for less than 4 weeks) and just doing raids Eochaid to Rapacitus + Claire/Elchulus later gave me full Astera +12 armor and weapon with R7 enchants without trying...

    And all the other S3 raids give Damascus Steel and R7/R6 enchants. Dullahan, Claire, Aes Sidhe and Elchulus are better for obvious reason but all the others are worth the same drop wise.

    I mean, are you complainers playng the same game as me ? It's as if you expect to get 50mil just for 2-3 raids a day.

    Don'T play the game if you find Astera set hard to gather, that's the EZ PZ casual part. The real game begins when you gotta do redeemers for stats, Synthesis, Ein lacher, do R6 enchant replacement and Reforge your gear. And if you are already Deep within Dullahan set, just skip Astera and go +15 Dulla...

    I agree with all you've said. Some people are just really entitled and forgot there was a game to played here (what will they do once they've gotten max gear via gold buying?). An alternative to just buying everything with gold you could do my method of getting gear with just waiting for everything to drop for you and sell drops I don't need.

    Alienating new and returning players is the worst thing that could possibly be done for a dying game. The MMO excuse is irrelevant.

    Keep living on your whales while it lasts, I guess. No new player in their right mind will waste their time with the unforgiving gearing system. **** Vindi's RNG, I'm finally done with it, and I've been around since closed beta.

    I left almost 3 years ago because the enchanting system is BS and from reading around it's still pretty BS. Moved over to Blade and Soul and love the game since the enchantment system doesn't break your equipment. Tera system is good too and BDO system is ok but at least your main equipment doesn't break.

    I came back just to see the new "revamp" enchantment system which I don't have great hopes for and the new character and changes. I really do like vindictus a lot because it's action gameplay is bar none the best for any mmo out there. It's just sad I had to leave the great gameplay because the enchantment system drove me away and a lot of people I know.

    So I'm kind of surprise there are still players from beta still playing because there was no way I could keep staying especially when other mmos out there don't have this type of crappy enchantment system
    aylbdr
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Posts: 935
    Member
    So getting back on topic...I am super disappointed from a crafting standpoint. Similar to Miri, weaponsmithing can craft only four of Grimden's Kentucky-Fried-Chickens (excluding the L90-L100 weapons).
    aylbdr
  • aylbdraylbdr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    Posts: 28
    Member
    edited December 12, 2018
    187 wrote: »
    Thats because bots are doing s3 content and selling the mats for dirt cheap hahaha

    Actually, they are blocking prices on some things and making it impossible for players to sell them for a decent profit. Just on one day I saw 18 pages of each chunk all obviously posted by bots and every single chunk of each type was the exact same price. That's over 600 chunks all sold for the same price as each other. So that's not even driving the price down anymore, making your argument in support of bots invalid.

    This botting thing only benefits buyers, not sellers. So it only works for people like you who support the bots by buying gold. Something that you should be banned for as far as the T.O.S. is concerned.

    Can you say: corrupt?

    Order5 wrote: »
    So getting back on topic...I am super disappointed from a crafting standpoint. Similar to Miri, weaponsmithing can craft only four of Grimden's Kentucky-Fried-Chickens (excluding the L90-L100 weapons).

    That and not adding purple essences are two more reasons why I think nexon actually wants us to buy gold.

  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,000
    Posts: 184
    Member
    edited December 13, 2018
    Meta wrote: »

    I left almost 3 years ago because the enchanting system is BS and from reading around it's still pretty BS. Moved over to Blade and Soul and love the game since the enchantment system doesn't break your equipment. Tera system is good too and BDO system is ok but at least your main equipment doesn't break.

    I came back just to see the new "revamp" enchantment system which I don't have great hopes for and the new character and changes. I really do like vindictus a lot because it's action gameplay is bar none the best for any mmo out there. It's just sad I had to leave the great gameplay because the enchantment system drove me away and a lot of people I know.

    So I'm kind of surprise there are still players from beta still playing because there was no way I could keep staying especially when other mmos out there don't have this type of crappy enchantment system

    The only other MMO I've played from that list was BDO and I agree their enhancement system was a godsend compared to Vindictus.
    However, enhancing to high levels isn't the main way to get power and tech to enter raids. For instance, enhancing your armor has minimal gains in power; enhancing your weapon doesn't give you tech, etc. The only reason to enhance them further is really for ADD which is not a stat requirement to enter raids.

    If anything, a new player only has to reach +10 on their weapon at minimum - all of which have above a 50% success rate, and can be protected from enhancement runes from the seal shop. +11 is also achievable with 2 premium enhancement runes given monthly from guild missions and monthly missions. The main ways a player gains power and tech are from enchants, and with the new ones being released, the older ones are getting much cheaper and more accessible.

    In terms of entering new raids, the main issue there is CF where you won't have to worry about your accessory breaking.

    I will agree and say that Vindictus' enhancement system isn't perfect, but it's definitely seen some improvements + the reforge system gives a goal for players with nothing else to get.
    aylbdr wrote: »

    Actually, they are blocking prices on some things and making it impossible for players to sell them for a decent profit. Just on one day I saw 18 pages of each chunk all obviously posted by bots and every single chunk of each type was the exact same price. That's over 600 chunks all sold for the same price as each other. So that's not even driving the price down anymore, making your argument in support of bots invalid.

    This botting thing only benefits buyers, not sellers. So it only works for people like you who support the bots by buying gold. Something that you should be banned for as far as the T.O.S. is concerned.

    That and not adding purple essences are two more reasons why I think nexon actually wants us to buy gold.

    Ok lowkey finally a different argument other than "everything has a paywall and I don't want to put in any effort to do stuff."

    I will agree that bots make it much more difficult for newer players to make gold and enter the market, but definitely not impossible as long as they continually grind / sell their drops.
    There are drops that aren't affected by bots (ex: intermediate stones), those that are farmable in large amounts that are still worth something (ex: end of season steels), and those that are still worth large amounts even with bots flooding them (ex: wep essences, scrolls). As such, as long as a new player is continually running content they will be making a decent sum of gold.

    From there, imo, in the long run bots would be helping these players more than harming.
    Either way, it's a catch 22:
    - If there are bots, newer players aren't able to make large amounts of gold easily by selling items, but they'll be able to buy things easily once they get gold.
    - But at the same time, if there were no bots, newer players would be able to make large amounts of gold by selling items for ridiculous prices, but they need to buy items for higher prices as well (ex: 50k mats with bots vs 500k mats without bots for accessory enhancements) and it ends up evening out,
    JinyieCloakshire
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Posts: 219
    Member
    Just want to point out if you got every single gear you wanted +20, max infused, max stats and all you would run out of things to do in Vindictus real quick. Aside from end game raids, do you really have an incentive to play this game where PvP is heavily unbalanced and meant only to get your artifact and ignore later on? What you're left with is purely PvE content and afking in town. Then you'll realize that there's no excitement in this game and end up quitting regardless. Having a goal to reach higher stats is part of the fun in an mmorpg. Sure it's flawed here, but I strongly disagree with just handing out "new players" the gear they need to do end game content because it defeats the purpose of having an end game which should feel somewhat special. If you got the +12 90 package then you have the means to farm up to lvl 100 content. If not, log off for 30 days to receive the returning mercenary package OR level up a new character to 90 so you can have a full +12 set to farm. It's all a time investment and I don't think this game can get any more casual. You want to talk about new player friendly Vindi is not the worst of it.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Posts: 1,320
    Member
    I don't get the argument that current prices don't let new players make reasonable money. Even with the bots 95 OJ mats still sell for good prices as do all the scrolls listed on the previous page. 100 ores and essences aren't that expensive thanks to the bots, so it's really not hard to sell items that drop from Fishy and below. The only expensive items are outfitters because the whales never say when and keep them excessively high in many cases, but other than that you can farm to get what you want.

    The issue is what it's always been: this game doesn't value your time. It doesn't matter how much energy and effort you put in, how much NX you spend, no amount playing guarantees good drops. We've had threads again and again about some players getting drops like candy and others going weeks without anything. RNG is RNG, but at least for a while there we were seeing all the rewards that other regions got and getting events that gave us reason to do all content. Some of us do well despite that, some don't, but the continually dropping population speaks to what making progression more difficult in NA/EU/AUS has done.

    Anyway, we're beating dead horses here. The long and short is the new systems haven't really changed the grind all that much. You'll eventually see +12 and beyond for your weapon no matter what, but the mats per attempt being the same in KR where the population is healthy sucks. Scrolling is guaranteed with for scraps, you just have to get enough gold to buy them or survive the attempts. Accessories to get into 100 content are the worst element because again, our population sucks, but eventually you'll get there.

    What's sad is you'll realize that 4-man for 99% of content and bosses dying in 5 mins in 95% off content just isn't anywhere near as fun as the game used to be. I really don't know anyone who got into this game for anything other than the combat and challenge, and that's experienced almost not at all now. Oh, and then there's the fun of Nexon's servers sucking and players losing out on progress from 30mins to an hour worth of work in the new raids.

    I'm excited about Miul, but this game is just a shadow of what it was. We write all that we do because we all long for what Vindi could be, but anyone who hasn't figured out that your time and money don't get you much return here is +drunk Anyone who tries to pretend like Nexon is finally looking out for us with how this game and region are run is +drunk