[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Damascus Steel Event

hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
Vindictus Rep: 3,985
edited December 10, 2018 in General Discussion
Nexon is having brainfart again.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/40560/weekly-maintenance-december-10th

States:
Ending Events
Damascus Steel Event (11/6 - 12/11)

But few weeks ago:
http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/38500/regarding-ap-shop-damascus-event

Therefore, in order to compensate for the encountered issue, we will extend the Damascus Event for an additional week. The ending date will be changed from December 11th, 2018 to December 18th, 2018.
LoLoBootyLillieVirideOrder5

Comments

• NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    this event should be permanent, its possible to get 4000 AP in 45 min, being only a bit faster than OS without triumph medal potion, and its limited to 3 per week and no tradable... very balanced in my opinion, not sure why its an event
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited December 10, 2018
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    this event should be permanent, its possible to get 4000 AP in 45 min, being only a bit faster than OS without triumph medal potion, and its limited to 3 per week and no tradable... very balanced in my opinion, not sure why its an event

It's meant to be an AP sink. It's not balanced at all in Nexon's messed up mind because they want you to still run raids and do Onslaught; if players can simply grind AP all day, then there is little incentive to get Damascus from the seal shop at the extreme price of 80 seals per (plus 100 seals per rune) (plus 100-300 seals per 90-95 part assuming you don't farm/purchase from MP). They have standards that they need to maintain.
  • PurenessPureness
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Nokaubure wrote: »

How to farm 4k ap in 45 mins?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Pureness wrote: »

VIP on S2 raids, likely doable if you have the gear and are going as time focused as possible. (I know cut scenes/hit esc + load times take my lann and fifi longer then the actual run.)
  • PurenessPureness
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    ikevi wrote: »

VIP on S2 raids, likely doable if you have the gear and are going as time focused as possible. (I know cut scenes/hit esc + load times take my lann and fifi longer then the actual run.)

Gonna try it out then! Thanks
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670

Be careful not to burn yourself out... I do this only really to lvl as fast as possible. It quickly becomes mind numbing and takes the fun out of the game. (IE I would much rather get AP by just doing normal activities even if it is slower.) That said you should make some gold this way too via scrolls + dismantling => making stones.

Best is maybe just to run cromm 6x each day. And call it good.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    there's still incentive, you need a large amount of damascus in the last enhancement levels, so 3 free per week (that you still need to work to get them) doesn't make much impact, although I can see your point in that they want us to do the new content and not farm trash maps to get them

to farm 4k AP in 45 min, use VIP and be in a guild that has the +10 AP reward at the end of a battle, then you to do the s2 boss maps that are under 1 minute to kill, which are: lakiora, havan, pantheum, juggernaut, ulchas, enzo (kill him from the back to cancel his bar 5 skill) and crom. You also get a good amount of gold in the process by dismantling the drops. There's also fast ones in s1 but they give almost no gold, like inkells, glas, thor etc
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    They updated the page to remove that bit about the Damascus event ending.

LillieViride
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    ikevi wrote: »

S2 is ideal, but there are also 14 missions in S1 alone that award 50 AP each run. With VIP you can run each of them 6 times and get 75 AP per run (6300 AP). Since the VIP from the AP shop costs 500 AP and only lasts two days, the low level weekender's strategy would be to get 12600 AP in just the two days of VIP.