[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How excited are you for Grimden?

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
edited December 5, 2018 in General Discussion
Thoughts, feelings.
  1. How excited are you for Grimden?54 votes
    1. Yassss, super pumped. Can't wait.
       19% (10 votes)
    2. I'll level him up / gives me something to do
       17% (9 votes)
    3. More excited about making money off a new character release
       13% (7 votes)
    4. Grimden who? Miul is my main
       52% (28 votes)

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    I'm sorry, did you mean free character slot?
    DrachusLoLoBootySpoopyPieRhyunaGhengisJohndaws360EnigmaTaroAnthonytonyboy
  • AxxonAxxon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    edited December 5, 2018
    He will be part of my growing lvl 100 Alt army for Vanguard. He seems to have a decent way to clear mobs fast very early according to his skills.

EDIT : He seems fun, but I won'T invest money on him. He's clearly aimed to attract NEW players and not make people switch main. By that I mean, we still didn't have any real assassin until Grimden came here.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited December 5, 2018
    None at all, and no hype for Miul either ;-) But yeah, free character slot is nice.

Will just keep on farming for shards/steel on my lann.

Hopefully we get some +11/12 runes with the holiday season too.
    LoLoBooty
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    I will play Grimden until Miul come "bouncing" to us.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    +100 atk in pantholon vanguard yay
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I just wanted him for his "beaked" hood.
    hqdefault.jpg
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Axxon wrote: »
    He will be part of my growing lvl 100 Alt army for Vanguard. He seems to have a decent way to clear mobs fast very early according to his skills.

EDIT : He seems fun, but I won'T invest money on him. He's clearly aimed to attract NEW players and not make people switch main. By that I mean, we still didn't have any real assassin until Grimden came here.

Assassins are designed to kill their target swiftly and precisely, hopefully within one shot. None of this game's characters do that, not even Grimden. Their all mercenaries with different weapons and fighting styles. I dont think you can call anyone an assassin in this game.
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    The same weird, nonsense weapon coolwannabe type like miri with a poor gameplay. What is that? an ugly blade that spins somehow on its handle... crap
    Twln
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Y so pessimistic buddy
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    As someone who has “quit” Vindictus a few times, and quit again a bit before rise, and as someone who has almost exclusively played lann since my inception to this beautiful abomination known as Vindictus - I’m pretty damn hyped. Can’t wait to feel depressed over the enhancement system all over again.
  • MaiksterMaikster
    Vindictus Rep: 605
    edited December 8, 2018
    187 wrote: »
    grimaden **** class and waste of time / money.

Tell us how you really feel.
    aylbdr
  • LoyalCasherLoyalCasher
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    Best male class ever designed since Lann.
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited December 8, 2018
    Hooray another character I will never be able to achieve end-game with.

Even with the returned mercenary event gear I could not enter the Astera battles to finish the story mode I followed for years. Guess I'll just go **** myself. 44k battle power and counterforce?! Are you serious?! How exclusive does a dying game need to be?!

Tried that reforge thing to see if luck had changed at all with enhanceing, - nope - blew up the +12 weapon. Enhance system seems even worse.

And now I got nothing again, there's no choice but to say goodbye again to Vindictus. It's impossible for new players and returned players to catch up. I can't believe I wasted my time finishing the story only to be blocked out at the end.
    aylbdr
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    edited December 8, 2018
    wow its almost like you expect to do all the end game content immediately as a new player instead of grinding for things like in a normal mmor
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited December 8, 2018
    187 wrote: »

Most end game players do it by buying gold with the methods I suggested below. The likelihood of being banned is very low as long nobody reports you for buying gold in game. Nobody does that unless they disliked the reported player. Lol.

Honestly most of the folks I know never bought and never plan on buying gold with any of your methods. We just have been playing for so long that we have billions stored away and know when to sell/buy stuff.
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited December 9, 2018
    AngelYukki wrote: »
    wow its almost like you expect to do all the end game content immediately as a new player instead of grinding for things like in a normal mmor

That's bull, Vindi is pure gold buying nowadays. It's impossible to farm anything these days. Nothing droppable at lower content is worth anything.
    Anything worth something is locked behind exclusive end game content, and how the **** are you gonna get there if you have nothing to begin with and can't even queue? Buy tons of gold or NX boxes, I guess.

It's not like the old times where there were 100m, 200m drops or even more.

The most expensive scroll drop isn't even enough to restore one piece of equipment to try enhancing again. I imagine the increased chance for your next try must be something useless like 1% per try, if I learned anything from this game.

Screw this, the main story shouldn't be locked behind a paywall

NoSleepOrder5aylbdr
  • NoSleepNoSleep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,195
    Menrva wrote: »
    AngelYukki wrote: »

That's bull, Vindi is pure gold buying nowadays. It's impossible to farm anything these days. Nothing droppable at lower content is worth anything.
    Anything worth something is locked behind exclusive end game content, and how the **** are you gonna get there if you have nothing to begin with and can't even queue? Buy tons of gold or NX boxes, I guess.

The most expensive scroll drop isn't even enough to restore one piece of equipment to try enhancing again. I imagine the increased chance for your next try must be something useless like 1% per try, if I learned anything from this game.

Agreed and you need a few 100m just to prepare for the final raids which is impossible for new/returning players. The most expensive drop is only 50m which can buy you 1x ring and you can forget about enhancing it. I can't even think of a good way for anyone to gain funds other than selling the NX boxes (rng) or just hoping you don't fail +11 for the 7th time.
    aylbdr
  • GricielGriciel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    If you want to keep up with the game contents in the fastest way, charge some NX, buy gacha boxes then sell your rare items. It'd take you a couple of days to have a decent character.
    If you don't charge NX, be patient. I have a friend who does not charge any NX because he considers it as a waste, and his char now has almost 5K ATT with 33-34K ATT, which is good for almost all the contents of the game.
    Be patient and just keep farming!
    aylbdr
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    edited December 9, 2018
    Menrva wrote: »

I haven't ever bought gold so I mean :)

The 'old times' were actually a lot worse:
    - The super expensive drops relied on RNG. There were very few ways to make gold through grinding. Even if you got an expensive drop, you wouldn't be able to get a lot out of it (ex: cursed manuscript selling for 100m wouldn't even get you lv 70 weapon)
    - Enhancing system was ****. Reforge is not meant for returning players, it is meant for end game when you have nothing else to get . The fact that they even included the new enhancing system is a godsend - it gives you an opportunity to eventually get to +15. Also, no, it doesn't increase by 1% per try, get your facts right before criticizing something.
    - Parties generally had ridiculous stat requirements (ex: 13k+ for 70 cap, 18k+ for 80 cap) when these weren't needed. The caps right now are much more accessible.
    - You get ridiculously OP gear given to you which lets you do 90 and 95 (? not 100% sure, but probably very close to the requirements raids immediately while still being useful and doing damage.

So once again, understand the fact that in MMOs you're not supposed to do all end-game content as soon as you reach the level cap.
    Grind gold via S2, making element stones, getting drops from 90s and 95s, onslaught, etc. There are so many ways to farm gold nowadays compared to before. I still run S1 and S2 for gold so it's not a problem of it not being worth anything - it's a problem of you not knowing what to farm.
    In fact, with the release of steels and having them drop from lower level raids, you should have no trouble making gold.

But if you're in such a rush to do lv 100 raids, just make a boat outside of QB and get guildmates and friends to join.
    CloakshireOrder5FurielJinyie