[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why is Nexon's account recovery process

oCharlotteoCharlotte
Vindictus Rep: 1,345
in General Discussion
So bloody annoying? Like I just want to play my Vella, and they are asking questions to **** I don't even have information for because their records don't have anything about it when the account was created in 2007. To top it off, they want my god damn ID hoping it would lead to a name on the account that isn't even there. Freaking irritating stuff I tell you. There is no personal information on that account and the questions that Nexon asks for email change requests or hell even email recovery is freaking absurd in my book. Why do all this when you can literally just have a god damn forgotten email button to suit the needs of those like myself whose been forced to transfer their usual sign in method from Nexon ID to a bloody email. Been using every single possible email address I could have thought was the email I used for that account for the past week.

Frustrating.

1453262679-fd7868f00c8b7b4e1accd7dd574b7a19.gif

Comments

• EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    I'm pretty sure they can get in a lot of trouble if they hand off accounts to people who don't sufficiently prove they own it. You may know there's no personal data but they can't automatically assume there isn't anything.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    I know how you feel, man. I went through the account recovery process a a few years ago to recover my main account. You can probably imagine going through your memory bank thinking of all the retarded emails you made up as a kid and then figuring out the passwords to those emails. and on top of that trying to access them on their original domain like yahoo.com or hotmail.com. Those being blocked off, then you have to recover those on their own website. I did it, though. good luck
  • TwlnTwln
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Automatic account recovery is the best alternative
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    187 wrote: »
    Because account hijacking would be so common these days. If it was super easy to recover accounts, you bet someone would try to recover yours.I just helped a friend who's account was hijacked by a guy in game named Lyueru. As long that you can proof that youre the original owner of said account, Nx is happily to return it back to its rightful owner.

I've known Lyueru for forever and that sounds pretty out of character for him.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited December 8, 2018
    Because account hijacking would be so common these days. If it was super easy to recover accounts, you bet someone would try to recover yours.I just helped a friend who's account was hijacked by a guy in game named Lyueru. As long that you can proof that youre the original owner of said account, Nx is happily to return it back to its rightful owner.

I've known Lyueru for forever and that sounds pretty out of character for him.

He was given an account away to play with or do anything he wants because the owner was quitting. He changed the email and password as if he owned the account which he doesn't have grounds for. I'd say that account hijacking because the account has a lot of money invested in it. I've been given away accounts to play on or to keep because people quit or don't want to play anymore but it would never cross my mind to do something like that. I don't even change the info or anything because there's always hope that they come back. What kind of person just does that?

While I understand hoping the old player was going to come back, they did say they were quitting. So if I now had their account and I was going to put my own money into it I definitely would change the email and password. It also wasn't hijacking if it was GIVEN to him. He was given the account, he is now the owner of that account. I would ask what kind of person gives somebody something and then just takes it away? I think the claim of "hijacking" was unreasonable. Thanks for the info though.

I think it's nice of you to want to keep people's accounts intact and waiting for them if they ever come back though, I appreciate your optimism. But if I'm told something is mine now I'm going to treat it like it's mine unless I'm specifically told it's not. I would think that's what "anything I want" means.

If you had taken better care of your account, you wouldn't find yourself in that situation.
    Seriously? You're going to give this person crap for forgetting their email when your friend gave their account away?
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    so you are complaining about nexon when it is all your fault?? you should of put your real name in with youre real date of birth etc etc. why put random stuff in? noob