[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New player, nice to meet you all!

RuccaRucca
Vindictus Rep: 510
edited November 29, 2018 in New Recruits
Hello everyone! So I've played Vindictus for almost 3 weeks now and so far it's been fun.
So far I've tried 3 classes, and I kinda enjoy them. I enjoyed Delia the most though, she feels rather simple. Just need to worry about her Vigor stacks and Keen buff.

I played, I died, I joined a guild, I tried raids, and I kinda enjoyed the story. Those are my first impressions.

Of course, not everything is perfect as I'm starting to discover more and more hurdles to overcome, be it boss mechanics or the lack of detailed tutorials or even unlucky drops/enhancements but I'll tackle them one small step at a time. But time spent having fun is time well-spent, I'd say.

The community has been very helpful to me so far, answering my questions and helping me get through some of the more difficult content I can't seem to win on my own (looking at you, ninja lizard boss..).

Anyways see you all in the NA server! Good luck and have fun!

P.S. Can anyone hook me up with some guides regarding composition effects and/or item drop rates? I tried going to the Vindictus wiki but it seems they are kinda outdated? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Formatting so it's not one huge wall of text.
GhengisJohn

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Dunno if you found this yet, but here's a page on our forms that has a bunch of links to many player made guides.

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/14011/comprehensive-list-of-guides
  • RuccaRucca
    Ah yes, I've read some of the guides listed in the compilation but I was a bit worried if they would be outdated since they're mostly from the 2017, so I figured I might ask again in my original post. That said, that compilation has helped me a lot during my first week.

I've tried delving into the character-specific subforums/reddit/youtube too, but I was unable to find a recent guide on the characters themselves. Best I could find were youtube guides on raid mechanics. I figured they would still be relevant because the boss mechanics shouldn't have changed much, yes?

I'm also thinking of creating a new character and just try to figure out how they work by leveling them, but I'm unsure on what class to try. I've tried Fiona, Hurk, and Delia so far, however both Fiona and Hurk are still in the 30-40 level range with Delia as my main. Any suggestions on a character to try next? Preferably a class that's rather simple and/or not gear-dependent.

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance!
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Rucca wrote: »
    Ah yes, I've read some of the guides listed in the compilation but I was a bit worried if they would be outdated since they're mostly from the 2017, so I figured I might ask again in my original post. That said, that compilation has helped me a lot during my first week.

I've tried delving into the character-specific subforums/reddit/youtube too, but I was unable to find a recent guide on the characters themselves. Best I could find were youtube guides on raid mechanics. I figured they would still be relevant because the boss mechanics shouldn't have changed much, yes?

I'm also thinking of creating a new character and just try to figure out how they work by leveling them, but I'm unsure on what class to try. I've tried Fiona, Hurk, and Delia so far, however both Fiona and Hurk are still in the 30-40 level range with Delia as my main. Any suggestions on a character to try next? Preferably a class that's rather simple and/or not gear-dependent.

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance!

Hi Rucca. I am the creator of the comprehensive links. I only included links that are still relevant to the game (regardless of what year they were created). As you know there is a bunch of outdated information (the entire Wiki is outdated). It's also hard to find current character guides as they've changed mechanics so much that older guides are unreliable.

I suggest Miri as a class that is rather simple.

I'm not sure what you meant about guides about "Composition Effects". As for drop-rates that information is not publicly known.

I highly recommend joining as many vindictus discords as possible. Most of the discussion has moved away from forums/wiki to the discords.
  • RuccaRucca
    Hello to you too, and thank you for the comprehensive guide thread, it helped me a lot when I first started out.

Miri, huh? I'll try her out next, thanks!

Also my bad, I meant Compositing, not composition. I was wondering if compositing effects like "Siglint's Thunder" deals fixed damage or if it scales with ATT/M.ATT or something. Or things like Chaotic scrolls that only has a "boost your ATT and M.ATT when triggered" description but it doesn't elaborate further on how much it boosts. I was trying to figure out how they work before I make a mistake, haha.

Hmm, I suppose I'll try to find a vindictus discord next. Thanks for the answers!