[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Anyone else get returning merc status repealed?

RizzleRizzle
Vindictus Rep: 1,860
in General Discussion
About a week ago I came back to Vindictus and was qualified as a returning mercenary, with clovers on all my chars to help my friends and guildies get tickets for the event shop. But I got the old redeployment package with the +10 gear, so I submitted a ticket asking why I didn't get the +12 set. I was told something about needing to be gone from Vindi fro 30 days prior to Nov. 6th for that package.

I was like "Okay." But my next login showed my clovers were gone on all my chars. I couldn't get tickets solo and i couldn't help friends get theirs either. I replied to Nexon and submitted another ticket. Its kinda hard to tell from their broken grammar if they understand what the complaint is.

But has anyone else been stripped of their status as a returning merc?
aylbdr

Comments

• CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Me and my friend both had the clover and lost it about a week ago, around the same time. We had logged in maybe about a week before the update so wondered why we had one in the first place. A 3rd friend who logged in around the same time never had a clover to begin with, and a 4th friend hasn't had theirs removed.

Not sure what's going on.
    aylbdr
  • Hilda2012Hilda2012
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    maybe there is a period of duration of the clovers
    GhengisJohn
  • AppalloAppallo
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I've had a clover on all my chars for the entire duration.
  • RizzleRizzle
    edited November 27, 2018
    Apparently, they gave me and a few others something we werent supposed to have. Because we had logged in shy of the 30 days absence required before the event. But Nexon is the only game company so spiteful as to take something back like that.

Nexon - "Wait - YOU got returning mercenary status? That wasn't suppose to happen. We'll just take that back."

Edit: its okay though, i have friends with clovers who let me farm tickets with them
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    Rizzle wrote: »
    Apparently, they gave me and a few others something we werent supposed to have. Because we had logged in shy of the 30 days absence required before the event. But Nexon is the only game company so spiteful as to take something back like that.

Nexon - "Wait - YOU got returning mercenary status? That wasn't suppose to happen. We'll just take that back."

Edit: its okay though, i have friends with clovers who let me farm tickets with them

Nexon, is in general, a pretty miserly company. Case in point, I bought the old 25 dollar extraction rune from them. It's just sitting in my inventory waiting for the lvl 95 weapons. A month later, they go and tell me I have to use up my rune in 30 days because they have a new version of the rune coming, and my old rune will just be deleted. Now, any other company might refund me the NX I spent with them, after all that money still stays bound to the company store. Nexon flatly refused. I asked if I could just get one of the new runes instead because I planned to use that rune on lvl 95 weapons when I bought it. That was also refused. Here's the thing. They put that rune on sale two months before they were replacing it. They had to have KNOWN at that point that the new rune was coming. Why in the hell would they sell me something I couldn't keep, for that much, and not warn me. I could have bought a premium outfitter for that price. Why not just update all the old runes to the new runes? Because screw me, it's easier just to burn me than to code that in.

My brother had been saving up event items to buy some stuff from the event shop. He logs in at 11 PM only to find that earlier that day, nexon screwed up daylight savings time on their server. "No problem" he says, "I'll just tell them what happened" They could have said "okay sure, we'll do this exchange for you, after all these items cost us nothing, we were giving them away as it was, and we understand that our mistake has inconvenienced you." But nope. they just refused to help him and he felt burned by all the time he'd wasted.

It's like this company goes out of their way to generate ill will wherever possible. There is sound, marketable value in good will and if it costs you nothing, why not just take the net gain of customer satisfaction? The only reason I can come up with is spite. Whenever Vindictus closes it's doors the odds are very low I'll ever touch anything with the Nexon name on it again (I'm not certain, looking at how Nexon America events tend to be more tight fisted than they are in other regions if this is a reflection on our branch or the whole company, but the difference is academic as long as this is the branch that I have to deal with). It's the entire reason I haven't even tried Hyper Universe and I think the hero designs in that look awesome.
    daws360aylbdr
  • RizzleRizzle
    Yes. I was planning to return to check out the new character. I had been gone for a very long time. But as it stands now, I am only playing for this event to rack up event freebies. Once thats done I will take a long break from Vindi. And I dont play any other Nexon games. I play Dragon Nest - but thats not Nexon anymore.
    aylbdr