[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Onslaught Guide

VeneratorVenerator
Vindictus Rep: 2,635
edited February 22, 2019 in Battle Quests and Guides
Onslaught guide for Season 5 currently only in google doc form

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18qTI7uXtsa6Pu0G3Jyty_wtDoWlvALSm9eJw1L--X6w/edit?usp=sharing
AngelYukkinoctredLillieVirideAmenariYuria100
  1. Should I format this to forums?22 votes
    1. Yes. (I'll do it if I have time)
       32% (7 votes)
    2. No. The google doc is good enough
       68% (15 votes)

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    This needs to be added into this thread Comprehensive List of Guides
    LoLoBooty
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited October 1, 2018
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited September 26, 2018
    Are you sure teams are based on gear stats? I've been in teams where every single opponent is stronger than each player on my team.

I'm also almost never on the team with a hurk/lann, they're almost always on the other team.

@ Team 1: 1 4 5 Team 2: 2 3 6

If this is true, that's unfair, 1 and 6 should be put on the same team. So something like Team 1: 1 6 3 Team 2: 2 5 4 would be fairier.

And is there a point in maxing statues right away? you don't use them until the end anyway yet people keep maxing it on first chance.

@"There is currently no penalty for canceling queue but this will be added in later seasons."

Every time it's 2v3, I'm on the 2 side. It seems rigged. That's why I'm starting to cancel queues once if the wait was long, to try remove afkers, it seems to be working so far. If they are going to add penalties to that, are they going to also add larger penalties for afking? and they need to add the ability to rejoin after a dc too.

If only ranking points was also 20% less for a loss as well. 87% less is too much of a difference. I'm stuck at 3500 and you're already 5000 ._.
  • VeneratorVenerator
    edited September 27, 2018
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Are you sure teams are based on gear stats? I've been in teams where every single opponent is stronger than each player on my team.

I'm also almost never on the team with a hurk/lann, they're almost always on the other team.

@ Team 1: 1 4 5 Team 2: 2 3 6

If this is true, that's unfair, 1 and 6 should be put on the same team. So something like Team 1: 1 6 3 Team 2: 2 5 4 would be fairier.

And is there a point in maxing statues right away? you don't use them until the end anyway yet people keep maxing it on first chance.

@"There is currently no penalty for canceling queue but this will be added in later seasons."

Every time it's 2v3, I'm on the 2 side. It seems rigged. That's why I'm starting to cancel queues once if the wait was long, to try remove afkers, it seems to be working so far. If they are going to add penalties to that, are they going to also add larger penalties for afking? and they need to add the ability to rejoin after a dc too.

If only ranking points was also 20% less for a loss as well. 87% less is too much of a difference. I'm stuck at 3500 and you're already 5000 ._.

If you ever qued with the exact same 6 people you are always on the same team every time, this goes to show that matchmaking is not random. I previously thought it was based on onslaught ranking but this was disproven fairly quickly. After reviewing games, onslaught tends to sort the teams by gear stats with the most geared and the 2nd most geared on opposing teams. The others seems to be a toss up but 2nd and 3rd most geared typically end on the same team, if we were to find the true calculation of onslaught gearing I could make a more accurate team setup.

For the topics of hurks/spear lanns not being on your team is many of them that I have seen are not as geared as you would think. Your team likely has some really geared people but they are just not a "meta" class or just don't play to the rage buff well enough. OS does not sort by class. Also it seems that AD is not included in the gear calculation.

On the point of maxing statues first is so you don't need to worry about it not being maxed when you need to throw it. Maxing it also gives more invul after killing a normal mob which is super valuable in the later stages in the game to either revive a team member or dps an intrusion. This invul ignore red hits and actually works unlike the reviving invul.

I believe the penalty for canceling que is going to be a cd timer for queing again. I do not know how long it is.

I also wish there was more ranking points for a lost, but i guess there needed to be some motivation to try and win. At least the catch up mechanic if you are way behind is forgiving.
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited September 29, 2018
    For the total games estimate, this method is better: 30+3+(n)*6

Where n = the value shown here (days since beginning)

30 from initial amount, 3 is from the half day maintenance from the os update. 6 attempts per day.
  • VeneratorVenerator
    For the total games estimate, this method is better: 30+3+(n)*6

Where n = the value shown here (days since beginning)

30 from initial amount, 3 is from the half day maintenance from the os update. 6 attempts per day.

That would be the amount for total games possible if you were running it since day 1 at reset. It not likely that everyone has been capping it daily, but good info to get the total possible runs.
  • LillieVirideLillieViride
    Vindictus Rep: 1,095
    Thankfully in the next season in KR (season 5) they are changing how ranking points are gained.

I believe it will now give 10 points for losing and remain 30 for winning, with higher rank teams being given less for winning/losing against lower rank teams and lower rank teams being given more for winning/losing against higher rank teams.

Should make reaching Legend a little easier for those with bad luck (since rng statue effects can decide a win/loss, as can someone's internet if it disconnects - which whether true or not seems to happen a lot).

There is also mention of certain character classes being considered for a nerf specifically in Onslaught too, particularly Crossgun Kai and characters that can hit multiple enemies at once. Though I'm not as positive on this one as it seems to be just that - a consideration.
  • YagaminYagamin
    There is also mention of certain character classes being considered for a nerf specifically in Onslaught too, particularly Crossgun Kai and characters that can hit multiple enemies at once. Though I'm not as positive on this one as it seems to be just that - a consideration.

They have no issues with Hurk? ._.
  • LillieVirideLillieViride
    Vindictus Rep: 1,095
    edited October 4, 2018
    They have no issues with Hurk? ._.

I saw no specific mention of gs Hurk (or Spear Lann), but this is all in the devnotes tab of the KR site - not an actual list of patch notes. So it's possible more character classes will be receiving some balancing also.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited October 5, 2018
    If you ever qued with the exact same 6 people you are always on the same team every time, this goes to show that matchmaking is not random. I previously thought it was based on onslaught ranking but this was disproven fairly quickly. After reviewing games, onslaught tends to sort the teams by gear stats with the most geared and the 2nd most geared on opposing teams. The others seems to be a toss up but 2nd and 3rd most geared typically end on the same team, if we were to find the true calculation of onslaught gearing I could make a more accurate team setup.

I had a team of 6 remaining consistent until 2 people in it ranked up. Perhaps both ranking and stats play a role?
  • VeneratorVenerator
    AngelYukki wrote: »

I had a team of 6 remaining consistent until 2 people in it ranked up. Perhaps both ranking and stats play a role?

Do you have any more info on this? I had a similar case where 2 people switched but was not sure how.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Venerator wrote: »

Do you have any more info on this? I had a similar case where 2 people switched but was not sure how.

Basically had 4 matches in total, with the first 2 matches having the team distribution as:
    1 3 5 ; 2 4 6

After the 2nd match, 3 and 5 ranked up to champion (the 4k rating one) and team distribution changed to:
    1 2 5; 3 4 6

Pretty sure that no players changed their gear.
  • VeneratorVenerator
    edited October 8, 2018
    Venerator wrote: »

Basically had 4 matches in total, with the first 2 matches having the team distribution as:
    1 3 5 ; 2 4 6

After the 2nd match, 3 and 5 ranked up to champion (the 4k rating one) and team distribution changed to:
    1 2 5; 3 4 6

Pretty sure that no players changed their gear.

Hmm, would really need the true stats and ranks of the players to be able to infer anything, too much variables that we do not know without screenshots of every persons os rank and gear.

Based on this alone though rank might push a player up in gear calculations.
  • VeneratorVenerator
    Guide updated for S2 big formatting changes for easier readability

link updated
    AngelYukkiAmenari
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Any way to rebind the buff shortcuts? Ctrl is for sprint and I'm constantly applying a random buff because I don't notice when I get it.
  • VeneratorVenerator
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    Any way to rebind the buff shortcuts? Ctrl is for sprint and I'm constantly applying a random buff because I don't notice when I get it.

Sorry I don't think there is a way to rebind those keys.
    2edgy4u
  • YagaminYagamin
    edited November 29, 2018

But you can rebind spri... run to Shift. like everyone else.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580

But you can rebind spri... run to Shift. like everyone else.

Or you can rely on double tapping a movment key to start sprinting.