[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Game will close in 10 seconds

TheDestroyerTheDestroyer
Vindictus Rep: 655
in Tech Support
as title is stated. No errors, no in game message, no offer to submit report or anything, just game will close and it does... I have tried restarting my pc, repairing the install through launcher, deleting files and repairing install, restarting multiple times. I cannot stay logged in game keeps closing.

Edit: after doing a test i got some interesting results, although i still cant play due to the game closing.

I can stay logged in technically at the character selection screen indefinitely and the game does not close (however that does not count towards event timer, also i sat on that screen for 5 mins) i can also switch between my characters without the game closing on me, but once i stay logged in on any of my characters (about a min or so) i get that message and boom back to desktop.
schw4rzEnchiladaMonster2edgy4uAnagrA

Comments

• PanzerDamePanzerDame
    Vindictus Rep: 980
    Bump. I also have same issue as well.

I asked my friend to log in his account on my computer, and he is perfectly fine. Then, I login mine in his computer, and my issue will exist.

I believe the issue is came from our account or our characters.

Please help.
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    this has happened again today
  • PanzerDamePanzerDame
    There is one thing I discovered a day ago.

I created and played a whole new character in EU server (I am based on NA server) with the same NX account and computer. It's turned out playing EU server WILL NOT caused the game client to close down. When I came back out and entered NA server, game client still close down.

There must be something wrong to our affected characters on server side that can caused the game client to close down, rather than our game client or computer.
    nevionspaho
  • aijks2046aijks2046
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Same thing happened to me since about a month ago. Anybody got a solution yet?
  • Rin_NanasakiRin_Nanasaki
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    Same thing happened to me 3 month ago. Ever since i posted a ticket with this problem but they insist on finding a problem in my computer when I've told them i can play without problems with another account but not with main and only not on EU server. my second account works fine on both EU and NA servers. Also in my case the game gives that message when its loading the character i chose so except a very few times i never see the Inn. If someone knows a way to fix or something that can help please let me know because obviously Nexon isn't capable.
  • PanzerDamePanzerDame
    aijks2046 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me since about a month ago. Anybody got a solution yet?
    Same thing happened to me 3 month ago. Ever since i posted a ticket with this problem but they insist on finding a problem in my computer when I've told them i can play without problems with another account but not with main and only not on EU server. my second account works fine on both EU and NA servers. Also in my case the game gives that message when its loading the character i chose so except a very few times i never see the Inn. If someone knows a way to fix or something that can help please let me know because obviously Nexon isn't capable.

I guess we are in the same boat, but I am in worst position right now.

On November 30th, 2018, Nexon Customer Support (CS) staffs told me that "this particular issue is being checked to formulate a solution to the problem. For now, I would like to ask for your utmost patience as our game team is already aware of this situation." With this wording, that means the CS staffs were "looking for an solution to a problem that they acknowledged it from their side."

Here is the email reply:
    EMAIL2.jpg

On December 22nd, 2018, I have received reply from Nexon, and they told me that my account was banned for using third party hacking program, and there is a "record" about it. Again, I gave them two recording videos of the issue, from both myself and my friend computer, as evidence that this issue does not came from client program but server side. CS staffs insisted that they found no error on their investigation method, and ban is standing. I am even requested to speak to their department manager or higher-up, but they only replied me that "they understand my frustration" and quickly closed my ticket to end the conversation.

Here are the recording of issue with censorship apply on my private information:

My computer:
    https://youtu.be/Hr7sWPyCxtE

My Friend's Computer:
    https://youtu.be/2jzgoml3Xoo

As Nexon CS team said that my account was banned, I sent out an another ticket for ban appeal by pointing out the investigation is incomplete and flawed, and they need to manual-checking on my account. The CS team replied me that the decision was taken based on multiple GMs , and the account ban was "Best interest of our players in the community". Again, they closed down my ban appeal ticket and not willing to discuss further about it.

Here is the ban appeal respond (My real name censored):
    EMAIL.jpg
    ^(Working at 2 AM and replied exactly 2 hours after I sent ticket? Something not right here.)

From my previous experience, if my account banned, the message should shown up as "Your account had been permanently banned. Please contact customer support for more information." (Link), or "We're sorry! This user ID's login access has been restricted in accordance with our policies. Please submit a Customer Service ticket on the website." (Link) after you clicked "Game Start" at main menu. Also, the ban decision should be solely depended on manager who headed CS department, rather than decided by majority of CS team. The ban on my account and its process by blocking me with "Game will close in 10 seconds" message is simply premature and unprofessional action for CS team.

For those of you still waiting for solution, I am afraid all of you might need to wait around February (or June would be best) to submit ticket again because these time might be the next shift of next CS team (and this how Sanitee got unbanned where she sent out ticket after a year). The current CS team is on par with Electronic Arts CS team level (like YongYea said), and it would be wise to not waste any time with them. Hopefully you all have good luck on next ticket.

Again. like Rin said, if anyone have solution without Nexon, feel free to share it with us.
  • aijks2046aijks2046
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Thanks for the detailed story PanzerDame. Still no luck on my end. After reading your story i combed my email looking for a ban message but nothing. I have come to accept that this account might as well be dead. I am going back to swtor after 7 years. Despite the lackluster action, i do enjoy the voice acting and the a hole story of a Sith warrior.
  • PanzerDamePanzerDame
    aijks2046 wrote: »
    Thanks for the detailed story PanzerDame. Still no luck on my end. After reading your story i combed my email looking for a ban message but nothing. I have come to accept that this account might as well be dead. I am going back to swtor after 7 years. Despite the lackluster action, i do enjoy the voice acting and the a hole story of a Sith warrior.

Your welcome.

I am fully respect your decision about quitting Vindictus or not, but if you still want to continue, just don't give up hope yet.
    We could try send out ticket again after 6 months or a year later. Maybe the CS team after that time maybe different, and have better communication and problem solving skills.

Otherwise, thank you for your time spent in Vindictus. Wish you well over other games.
  • PanzerDamePanzerDame
    WRju3Mt.png

Okay, ladies and gentlemen.
    Whoever still out there trying to get your account unblock, I think have "a news" for you.

On this morning, NA official (maybe) has posted an announcement on official Discord channel (See image), saying that "Black Cipher" issue has been aware and investigating by the developer team. Further update will be announce in future.

To those who don't know what this "Black Cipher" is, this is an anti-cheat program that run in the background when you are running Vindictus. "Black Cipher" is a very unpopular program for false ban and slowing game performance, according to some players who analyzing game data. Some suggestion said the "Black Cipher" is the cause of 10-seconds issue that we are having where causing false flagging for using safe programs (Spotify, Discord, etc......)

Back to the Discord. Based on the announcement, there is no specification and detail on what kind of "'Black Cipher' issue" the official refer to, and it might not be related to 10-seconds issue that we having it (that why I am not too certain). I would not be optimism on this announcement, even if it related to 10-seconds issue because, the chances are, they might announce that they cannot solve this issue and/or unable to lift the ban. Even they did solve this issue and lift the ban, they still have a year worth of compensation to give out to us, which I am doubting that they are willing to hand things out like that.

The "10-seconds" issue appeared a year ago, and the official still have take no action to this issue until maybe now, except declaring affected players are "banned". If they are really going to solve the 10-seconds issue through "Black Cipher" issue, what is the point for aware and solve it now where some affected players like aijks2046 are not coming back? What about events? We don't even got chance to participate it and get event-exclusive titles, especially Grimden and Eira event titles.

What are the officials and developer team been doing for 2019? Why solve now instead a year ago? Is holding Twitch events are more important than dealing internal issues? Do you really need to wait until the issue become large for you to care about? Are minorities are not worth your time to take it care? Are you having translation issue to get the wording to developer team?

That enough of questioning for a day. I'll keep follow up if anything come up.
    LoyalCasherAnagrA
  • AnagrAAnagrA
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    edited November 2, 2019
    I have same problem since Bella release. 29 or 30 Oct.
    At first i thought is some random bug related to new content, but today is still there.
    I made customer support ticket.
  • AnagrAAnagrA
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    I got reply to my ticket getting this standard message, i did reply that this is probably an error on Nexon's side, since i did absolutely nothing resembling any kind of cheating or hacking.
    LoyalCasher
  • PanzerDamePanzerDame
    AnagrA wrote: »
    I got reply to my ticket getting this standard message, i did reply that this is probably an error on Nexon's side, since i did absolutely nothing resembling any kind of cheating or hacking.

Same as every affected people. We all got almost same message.
  • PanzerDamePanzerDame
    No update on official respond, but here is a small news to share:

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/heroes/2471/43226

From what this KR player said, he also got 10-seconds issue on his account. Also from comment section, the OP also said there are like 20 people got affected.
    So, this issue does not limited on NA/EU but also KR server.

No news about issue from China and Taiwan server at this moment.
  • PanzerDamePanzerDame
    Okay, first of all. Congratulation to those got the account unbanned. Please enjoy the Vindictus and stay tuned to compensation announcement.

However, the bad news is, anyone who got 10-seconds issue before October 22nd, like me, is still unable to play the game. Even worst, I am no longer able to play EU server in NA region like how I did last year. The 10-seconds message is now also show up when I am log into EU server.

Based on the latest announcement, the ban lift is only given to user between October 22nd to November 13th, and affected users are reported that they received a Nexon email that wrote their ban have confirmed to be lift. As myself, I did not receive this email at all. It is also confirmed with another user on Discord who got 10-seconds message around May or June.

I know some of you might say we should send an another ticket to tell them about this or make an appeal again, but this is very risky to your support ticket privileges. Given the natural of support GMs, they will close down your ticket and appeal without giving you some chance to explain things further, and warn you to revoke your ticket privilege if you try to send ticket again. You may try send out the ticket again if you think you can take the gamble, but be sure to share the result to us.

This is outrageous, Nexon. If you got chance to look into Black Cipher with your "System Security Team" and able to find the flaws in it, why aren't you look into other users' cases, especially those from last year? Are you pretending to be unaware the fact that 10-seconds issue is first occur in last year, rather than this year October?
  • PanzerDamePanzerDame
    Okay, ladies and gentlemen.
    I think this might be the very last time that I will post things here, unless my account still alive and anyone have questions about my post.

So here what's what......

Yesterday, I created a ticket to appeal my case again via live chat. I told the GM in charge of live chat about my previous ticket and how I believe my case is related to October 22nd Black Cipher issue. All is fine on that day.

Today, on 11am PST, the GM from ban appeal department told me that they will "escalate" my ticket to appropriate department. With the word "escalate", I was thinking that they bring my issue to management.

DhGIvzN.jpg

On 3pm PST, my thought was exactly right, but this was my very worst moment.
    GM Kryndax, Senior GM of Nexon Player Support, wrote to me that I was attempting to seek leniency on Nexon banning policies by using October 22nd Black Cipher issue discussion as exploit, and told me that how I think my case is related is, I don't know how he thinking in first place, some kinds of lies or a trick to play innocent. Not only I have been branded as "criminal", I might been branded as "crook" by Nexon as well, just for thinking and stating my case to related to recent one.

On my account part, he said I am already informed that my account was flagged, and no appeal will be considered.

GHSspxK.jpg

That all I can share for today, and I am not going making questioning anymore since this senior GM does not want to take my words and simply branding me negatively.

For those still haven't and want to appeal your case right now or later, I don't think you will get appeal from Nexon anymore because they already revoked your appeal privileges before October 22nd.

I won't be posting here or seeking for appeal for now.
    If anyone have any question, I will be here to answer your question.
    Thank you and have a happy Thanksgiving.
  • lMinatollMinatol
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Hello Mercenary,

Thank you for keeping connected with us.

Regarding the error message "Game will close in 10 seconds" you are receiving on your end. Upon checking, our records indicate this account was involved in a violation of our Terms of Use or Code of Conduct. Our in-game security system detected the usage of third party programs while playing Vindictus. Because of this, your account was found to be in violation of the terms of use and was blocked from the game.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the ban, I am unable to release your account. As always, players are required to follow the rules. Feel free to read through our Terms of Use and Code of Conduct for more information.

Should you have any questions or concerns in regard to another matter, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.​​
    Sincerely,

GM Serrapi
    Nexon Player Support ...... to have .... in the first place I am not a bad mannered, secondly the reason why I logged in (because I am from Peru) used Betternet (Only for the logger who does not allow entry for any reason, also if I was in their place should remove that stupid restriction to Latin America and other countries that we go through the same, or perhaps you do not want to accept that there is no other solution of using a third party program just for that) what makes them think that I have done traps in the game? dare to show my face and not cancel my character, but let's not forget that his Launcher does not allow access because he tells us ... this country is not available ... tell me, is this how your staff works? How long will my sanction last or is it permanent? ... he was telling me that something was wrong
  • CebularesCebulares
    Can someone finally fix this? I can't play Vindictus....
  • CebularesCebulares
    Can someone finally fix this? I did everything and still can't playin...
  • i have the seam problem eny admin ? cen help as?
  • I am getting the same issue did you find a fix?