[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Dear Nexon,Premium/Special versions of outfitters.

GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
Vindictus Rep: 3,540
edited November 14, 2018 in General Discussion
Why don't they go on sale more often? The last one to go on sale was the Special Rocheste Agent set and that was three months ago. There are some looks that I definitely want on some of my characters but I don't want to buy the 20 dollar version now only to have to buy the 28 dollar version later so I end up waiting. And with some sets a 20 dollar version isn't even available. I'm also one of those people that doesn't like gambling, I prefer direct purchases and even then the gatcha sets aren't the sets that I want. I'd be happy to support the game directly but the management running this game doesn't give me the opportunity to just buy the thing that I want and give them my money. I have been waiting for three years to stick my Lynn in a Special Gothic Frill Set (Apparently it went on sale a year ago, but I was away from the game at that time. Oh well guess I have to wait another 3 years?)

Why aren't these things cycled out more regularly? There are certainly enough of them that you could do one a month or even two and not repeat yourself that often. And why are limited time hair styles even a thing? You guys have competitors out there with newer engines and gorgeous graphics and you are squandering one of the weapons you have that's been borne of this game's longevity, the sheer variety of style options at your disposal. You would think with the returning mercenary events you might offer some of these outfitters and hair styles that haven't been sold for a year for purchase but you're like "Nope. We don't need your money." It's bad enough that all the new outfitters are stuck in gatchapons, I HATE that, and I don't think I'm alone in that, but at least give us the chance to buy the old sets. I've been waiting on Gothic Frill, Dark Rev and Radiant Princess (another one that went on sale a year ago) for a long time and some sets haven't even been available to purchase since new characters came out like Miri.

I'm going to put it to the forums, which outfits have you been waiting for and would you like to see these things go on sale more regularly?
  1. Should Nexon bring back old outfitters more regularly?32 votes
    1. Yes. Are you on crack? Of course they should.
       94% (30 votes)
    2. No. Now where did I leave my crack pipe?
       6% (2 votes)

Comments

• PurenessPureness
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Totally agree. They should have a premium outfitter along with a normal one for sale and just leave it at that.
    GhengisJohnDaftFelix
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Gimme back the Prime Gothic Frill set
    DaftFelix
  • WinViper4016WinViper4016
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    need KOF haha
    DaftFelix
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Well, we have two issues: Nexon has moved to heavily gapcha sales for new outfitters, and unlike KR, we didn't get standard versions of special sets left in the NX shop. Not sure of the reasons for it, but you'd think after massive layoffs they'd do any and everything to make the remaining players happy. We've seen almost no new direct sale outfits since Rise released and it doesn't look to change, sadly.
    DaftFelix
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited November 15, 2018
    Well, we have two issues: Nexon has moved to heavily gapcha sales for new outfitters, and unlike KR, we didn't get standard versions of special sets left in the NX shop. Not sure of the reasons for it, but you'd think after massive layoffs they'd do any and everything to make the remaining players happy. We've seen almost no new direct sale outfits since Rise released and it doesn't look to change, sadly.

We had the wedding outfit be direct sale and I see so many people got that one so I'd say direct sale isn't a lost cause but they probably can just make way more on gachas. Sorta how the game industry in general is going towards....
    DaftFelix
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Yeah let's keep circling the same outfit over and over. and Screw over the people that paid premium price for them. If they leave it in the shop. Then it isn't PREMIUM or SPECIAL anymore is it?
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Emerthyst wrote: »

We had the wedding outfit be direct sale and I see so many people got that one so I'd say direct sale isn't a lost cause but they probably can just make way more on gachas. Sorta how the game industry in general is going towards....

The Wedding one was direct sale, but only the $30 version was offered. To each their own, but a lot of people don't want to fork over $10 more for a little Bal and being able to run faster in town.
  • DaftFelixDaftFelix
    Vindictus Rep: 480
    Bring back High Class Gangster, I need that set. Also, The special pitcher outfit was on sale for only a few weeks? After seeing it on a bunch of characters I decided I liked it so I went to buy it and it was gone. You guys could cycle these things out. Even Disney brings stuff "out of the vault". An economy of artificial scarcity doesn't have to mean "forever". That's just money being wasted on assets you already spent time and money on creating that is now generating nothing when it could be paying dividends.

Hopefully this new "the outfits that you've missed" event is a portent of things to come?
    ElusiveDawnGhengisJohn
  • DaftFelixDaftFelix
    JamesGross wrote: »
    Yeah let's keep circling the same outfit over and over. and Screw over the people that paid premium price for them. If they leave it in the shop. Then it isn't PREMIUM or SPECIAL anymore is it?

How is it not premium is there's a lower quality version with less in town movement, attk and no +2 bal?

Are you one of those people that think "if everyone is special then nobody is special"? Because that's bullshit you know.
    GhengisJohnRizzle
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    So there's a sale coming up for outfitters:
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/38907/black-friday-sales

Was wondering if you guys could throw the special versions into the shop while you're at it because those are what I've really been wanting.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    i was treated really badly by customer support recently so i'm not gonna give a dime to nexon.
    DaftFelixRizzle
  • DaftFelixDaftFelix
    i was treated really badly by customer support recently so i'm not gonna give a dime to nexon.

I've been telling them, there's value in treating people right.
    DragonRiderRizzleGhengisJohn
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    edited November 21, 2018
    DaftFelix wrote: »

At the end of the day.... these people at customer support dont get reviewed or inspected by higher ups. All the higher ups see is the end result of their quarter finance profits. There is no quality assurance going on whatsoever at Nexon NA. It's just a shell branch vending machine from the higher ups at Korea... just seeing what profit they can sputter out from here with minimal intervention or effort on their minimal NA staff crew (maybe consisting of 1 or 2 people now??)....

We can report this all we want on the forums, but the higher ups will never see it, the GMs will never see it, and there aren't even community managers or forum mods to transfer our complaints either for quite a long time now. So why the hell should i give my money to a company that treats me like dog ****? Only a sucker would continue to do that. I'll still play their game, completely free, get what I want out of it, but i'm not gonna give a damn dime to them, not after the way they LAZILY handled my ticket with 0 effort at all and no reasoning in their reply.
    RizzleDaftFelix
  • ElusiveDawnElusiveDawn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,530
    Most to all special outfits only comes back once though, and it's also annually . I'm really upset that I missed Deluxe Frost Princess Set for 2 years straight. So from the pattern, this outfit isn't coming back anytime soon.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    DaftFelix wrote: »

Last time they streamed I actually tried to help them, but they deserve whatever they get
    DaftFelix