[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Mass LOG OFF EVENT upcoming 11/8/2018

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
in Future Content
For the first time ever, NA is getting it's own unique and awesome event! Unlike Korea and other regions where ACTIVE AND RETURNING received +12 rank 7 scrolled level 90 Orange gear, we in NA do not receive this gear if we are Active. Thus, a 30 day hiatus is required to receive this gear.

This LOG OFF EVENT starts tomorrow, 11/8/2018. Reason being, if you don't log on starting tomorrow you will be able to log back on 31st day just in time to receive the last weekend of free log-in event gifts (the free Gremlin) and Mysterious/Abyssal Shards which are arguably the best gifts form the log in event.

Here is a breakdown of the rewards ACTIVE players receive participating in the current event vs participating in the MASS LOG OFF EVENT:
Current Event Notable Freebies:
1x Unstable Enhancement Rune
1x Goibhniu's Stone
1x Airtight Premium Enchant Rune
1x Unstable Enchant Rune
1x Rare Chunk and 1x Rare Chunk (weapon)
1x Free Gremlin
1x Mysterious/Abyssal Shard

1x Premium Enhancement Rune & 1x Premium Enhancement Rune Fragment & 1 Abyssal/Mysterious Shard

Possibly 1-3 max likely RNG based Premium Enhancement or Regular Enhancement Runes from the the fragments that could be collected and formed from collected temporal boxes.

Mass Log Off Notable Freebies:
FREE +12 rank 7 all Orange Level 90 gear for ALL your characters that you have.
1x Free Gremlin
1x Mysterious/Abyssal Shard

There is no way the benefits of logging in and playing Vindictus for 30 days outweigh the benefits of logging off for 30 days. 1.33 Enchant items, 2.5 Enhancement Items, and probably max 3 RNG based Enhancement Items. There is no way with 1.33 Enchant Items and 5.5 Enhancement Items that I could even come close to creating a full +12 armor and weapon set, and the disparity grows multiplicatively the more characters you have that can get the free gear. With current +12 probability alone the 5.5 Enhancement Items wouldn't even guarantee getting 1 piece of armor to +12 and the 1.33 Enchant items wouldn't even guarantee getting 1 rank 7 scroll on that 1 piece of armor. Literally Nexon is forcing me to log off for 30 days due to the way they have designed this event lol!

Comments

• remark666remark666
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    let me ask u this, if u do have multiple characters do they all have to be lvl 90+ to get the gear after 31 days?
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    If you have not yet leveled your characters to level 90 and received the character growth rewards, then it seems you do not have to log off to receive the free armor/weapon set (someone please confirm this). This is what I have been told by a few people. However, if you have multiple characters that have already claimed their level 90 Character Growth Rewards, you need to log off for 30 days then return while the event is still active to trigger the new +12 gear rewards. Hope this answers your question.
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    wat....... this makes no sense lol so they making an event that if you dont log on you get plus 12 lvl 90 gear ? you know how much money they would lose if the few ppl who still played this stopped logging on for a month lol they gonna correct this quick
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    It does make absolutely no sense which is why so many people have been stating we need to get the same treatment as every other server, but doesn't seem that's going to happen.
  • SlaiSlai
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    It's not log off event, it's Returning Mercenaries Event vindictus.nexon.net/news/38147/returning-mercenaries-event to encourage players that left the game to return.
    There already was similar event that gave +10 blue lv. 90 gear each time returning after 30+ days, so this is mostly upgrade to existing event.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    edited November 14, 2018
    Slai wrote: »
    It's not log off event, it's Returning Mercenaries Event vindictus.nexon.net/news/38147/returning-mercenaries-event to encourage players that left the game to return.
    There already was similar event that gave +10 blue lv. 90 gear each time returning after 30+ days, so this is mostly upgrade to existing event.

Sure the target audience is returning players, but the fact that we know in other servers the entire server got the package while poverty server NA is getting shafted is a giant middle finger to existing AND loyal players. This gear can help those of us with many alts so we can potentially get into playing another character we didn't get the chance to before. If Nexon is thinking we're gonna spend money to gear up an alt and this is the reason they do not want to give us the package then that is complete bs since no average player will go to this length. The previous +10 90 purple package allowed us to somewhat keep up with the first portion of S3, but now that end game has progressed the stats it provides is just not as useful. The way I look at it I agree that this is a log off event and can benefit any account like mine with 9 alt characters. I definitely value this gear over whatever is being given out for the attendance event. Again it's possible that the returning mercenary event cut off date may be earlier than Dec 8 (assuming you began not logging on starting Nov 8) and at that point we will getting shafted yet again. I imagine this would not be taken well by a good amount of the community.
  • DaitangoNecromorphDaitangoNecromorph
    Vindictus Rep: 970
    My +12 gear can't be enhanced :c I thought it could. Or is that reserved for strictly the level 90. reward? Kinda bullshit.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    My +12 gear can't be enhanced :c I thought it could. Or is that reserved for strictly the level 90. reward? Kinda bullshit.

Again, just Nexon NA being penal to NA/EU/AUS for no reason. The sets everyone got in all the Asian regions could be enhanced.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    I just got the +12 deployment package. Can confirm all +12 gear comes RESTORED and must go through the restoration process to be enhanced futher