[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Well for a week this was fun , time to leave !!

blenderblender
Vindictus Rep: 400
edited November 13, 2018 in General Discussion
Hello there dear Nexon !
Well , camed back to the game due to a friend's recomandation .
Played for a week or so , managed to get some 95 gear ..got to a point of 12 k defense , 23 k DMG and to mi suprise i was not able to push the Story line further without asking for help left an right .
Main resons to quit this a 3 th time !!
1. Boses from story line to damn OP from a point ( seson 3 up ), ps does damn archers verry OP .
2. With lvl 95 gear and a plus 10 scroled wep ( on a Lann spear at least ) u cant continue to finish the story line
3. To much pay to win, in a verry greedy manner.
4. You cant advance in the game wiothout some good drops , but for does good drops you actualy need to be able to handle a fight, to do that u need super crazy gear wich u cant obtain if u dont invest a sheet load of money in the game .
i guess some of you will jump streight in, and sheet talck this comment , but for mi 23 k dmg , 12 k defense spear lann , i've hit a brik wall and this is just the nail in the coffen for me.

BB guys , prob whont play this again , since Lost Arc coming soon ;)

Comments

• ImBeastlyImBeastly
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Game is meant to be difficult the later you are into until you can grind your gear lol. Isn't that how most games are?
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Are you waiting for people to enter your parties?
    Are you using pots?
    Are you dodging?
    Are you farming for gold through reliable and easy methods (ex: S2 for element stones?)
    lmao
    GhengisJohnDaftFelix
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    SMH LOL. So let me quit a game and come back and expect everything to be the same as I left it.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited November 14, 2018
    I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, but you're coming off to me as someone that couldn't handle what this game dishes out. One that takes the easy route of quitting instead of buckling down and investing some time to get better and progress. I could be wrong, but that's just the vibe I'm getting from you.

blender wrote: »
    Hello there dear Nexon !
    Played for a week or so , managed to get some 95 gear ..got to a point of 12 k defense , 23 k DMG and to mi suprise i was not able to push the Story line further without asking for help left an right .

I kinda wanna stop you right there and say that 12k def on lvl 95 gear seems a tad low? I can understand level 90 gear as my Hurk is wearing a mix of the free lvl 90 purple and OJ regina for a total of 12.6 DEF. If you're rocking level 95 (Dullahan gear) then your def should be higher. If you have 23k ATT then you probably have a level 90 weapon.

In terms of asking for help left and right, the content within Season 3 is not meant to be solo'd. The normal dungeons can be solo'd by a new character if the player is skilled, but at one point or another, everyone needed some help with a normal dungeon. Raid bosses on the other hand will require the help of a party. If you're very familiar with the raid boss's patterns and have enough power, then yeah you can solo them, but to a new player parties are a must. You speak as if asking for help is a bad thing and it's not.

1. Boses from story line to damn OP from a point ( seson 3 up ), ps does damn archers verry OP .
    2. With lvl 95 gear and a plus 10 scroled wep ( on a Lann spear at least ) u cant continue to finish the story line
    4. You cant advance in the game wiothout some good drops , but for does good drops you actualy need to be able to handle a fight, to do that u need super crazy gear wich u cant obtain if u dont invest a sheet load of money in the game .
    i guess some of you will jump streight in, and sheet talck this comment , but for mi 23 k dmg , 12 k defense spear lann , i've hit a brik wall and this is just the nail in the coffen for me.

In order:
    • Bosses in Season 3 are not OP in the grand scheme of things. They're only AI's and have patterns. Every move had a windup or "tell" so you will know what's coming next. Everyone gets their ass kicked a time or two before they get the hang of things. It's part of the process. Season 1 was meant to level you & Season 2 was meant for you to continue leveling while learning the ins and outs of your character. Season 3 will not hold your hand and expects you to git gud.

• You specifically call out the archers, which I'm assuming are the ones in Ben chenner that shoot the green poison arrows that do a lot of dmg. You're calling them OP, but they're not. You just don't know how to deal with them properly. As a spear lann, all you have to do is run up to one while dodging the arrows, and tap them with a belclaire. This will cause them to put their bows away and switch to their clubs. Run around the room tapping each archer once to put them in melee mode, round them up, and glide through the group for massive dmg + sp. See how having mob/boss knowledge is important?

• You can continue the story and you have a few options on how to go about it. If you hit a brick wall in terms of a difficult boss, call in some help. If your brick wall is a stat requirement that you don't meet, make a regular boat instead of a quick battle. If you want to increase your stats, go back to what you can do, grind out drops/gold, and buy better stuff. Season 2 is a hotspot where newer characters spend time farming scrolls to sell; use it.

• Realistically speaking the game is not p2w. Yes you can dump money for runes and such that grant you more chances or higher odds at power, but you cannot just straight up buy it (legally). You can reach endgame without dropping a single dime if you're vigilant and are willing to put forth the effort. You may have to spend weeks farming S2 raids & Regina thru Abom, but you will get there eventually. Having to grind is part of the game. Paying is only a potential reduction to the grind.

• So by your logic; Dropping money means OP Gear; OP Gear means fights can now be handled; Being able to handle a fight means potential drops; Drops means you can advance. Your view of this is poor straight from the first requirement. You do not need to drop money to have good gear. You can get good gear on time and dedication alone. Having OP gear won't make it so you can handle fights. I've seen people way more geared than me perform very poorly in raids. Having knowledge of each boss, their patterns, mechanics, and phases are key. Gear only helps by allowing you to do more dmg or make more mistakes. It doesn't instantly make you able to handle fights. To quote the Player's Perspective,
      "You wanna beat a boss, you have to figure out its mechanics. You have to think to play this game. There's no escape, you have to be running, moving, dodging or you're going to die. They're not these big monstrous titans that you're just going to wail on....it's about how you choose to use the right skills at the right moments."

I'm not trying to harp on you but your point of view just seems like it's from someone that didn't take a step back and ask the big questions. Why am I not powerful enough? How can I improve? What options are available to me for improvement? Are there other ways besides paying? You reached the simplest conclusions which is understandable considering it's the easiest path, but sometimes the easy path leads to disappointment. Our community has guides on how to gear up, how to handle certain bosses, etc. You just gotta look for it or ask someone that can either explain or point you in the right direction.
    JinyieAZUNyaANAngelYukkiEmerthystDrachus
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Hello there dear Nexon !

1. True (With that gear)
    2. True (If you don't have friends/ party to play with)
    3. True (If you are not maxed already and even then you have to pay for some extra stats )
    4. True (You can also spend sheet load of time, but in most cases part time job would make you richer in shorter time than farmin - if you use legal ways of making gold)

Why are you guys picking on him, he was right in all of his points.... (Btw newly created char on new acc with +12 set got about the stats he said = skipping substories/titles for extra stats)
  • AgathodaimonAgathodaimon
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    I main spear lann, it's not easy. I used kai and fiona to gear lann. Didn't bother with lann until I had decent enchants and rare (orange) level 90 armor.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited November 18, 2018
    I main spear lann, it's not easy. I used kai and fiona to gear lann. Didn't bother with lann until I had decent enchants and rare (orange) level 90 armor.

You have no idea how badly I want to disagree with you on that point about spear lann being hard, especially with all the buffs he's received and how simplistic his play style is.
  • DaftFelixDaftFelix
    Vindictus Rep: 480

Why do you intentionally "messpehl" so many words? Why are you so selective about what you spell incorrectly? If you're going to misspell words like "me" or "talk" why not just misspell every word creatively or spell as many as you can correctly, surely spell check can help, it's pinging red on so much. You can set spellcheck to English, even if it's not your primary language, if you do most of your internet usage in English.

So many people do this now. Combine it with bad grammar and use of punctuation and it gives off a bad impression of the user's intellect. People shouldn't have to spend time trying to decipher what you're trying to say if you want them to actually listen to you.

I do agree with you on the archers though. Those guys are the worst. Try getting up to them on a character with no iframes on movement... ohhhhh the +pain. At least Lann has the slipdash! Best strategy I cam up with for them was just to "tag" them by running up to them. They'll usually put their bows away and switch to mele mode. Tag a whole bunch then let them all have it. Some of these levels in s3 have some real deadly galleries of archers.

As for the Pay to win... I'm not going to say it isn't there. I haven't put much money into the game, maybe 70 bucks in 7 years playing, mostly on stuff like Outfitters, storage, dazzle em dead packages, luck rings... never on anything really pay-to-win. My characters aren't the best but they do ok. The paying is a shortcut for time and grind, and some of the grind can get pretty bad, especially when a weapon you spent months worth of farming gold for goes *Boom*, or an enchant scroll you spent a fortune on amounts to nothing. It's possible though, to play and do ok and amass a fortune without paying anything. And if you do spend money on cosmetics, at least you'll look good. ;-)
    DragonRider
  • RanavaRanava
    Vindictus is never an easy game. Season 1 and season 2 contents were nerfed. They are too easy now. If you don't want to spend time to learn the boss pattern from season 3 boss and above then I think it's right for you to give up now because the game is not for you.