[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Make +12 armor/weapons Free for All

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
edited November 7, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Giving out free +12 Level 90 Orange rank 7 Scrolled Armor and Weapon ONLY to returning players is inconsistent with past game mechanics and how this gear was given to other servers.

In the past level 90 and 95 Level up rewards have been retroactively given to players that already claimed these prizes, thus setting a precedent for how this changing reward system mechanic works to account for active players.

Also, in Korea, ALL players received this gear retroactively regardless of returning warrior status.

A full +12 scrolled set is worth more than all the other event gifts combined, and this is only multiplicative the characters you have on your account. By not fixing this bug, you have literally turned the returning warrior event into a Mass LOG OFF EVENT as logging off for 30 days then returning will yield me more ROI in terms of prizes than staying in and actively playing for 30 days. See General Discussion Section to realize this is creating massive discontent for active players of this game.
LillieVirideSorrowfulCloakshireEmerthystRealityBreakProR2D2MizoraTheDarkMastersaladhunterAnduriand 4 others.

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    As someone who actually likes playing many alts it would be nice to see this in place. They'd be able to carry their weight in old S3 raids and story areas and could more easily move into new content when playing them. Alts being played generally means additional cash spent since the west doesn't cater to the grind to death on one char lifestyle that's more popular in KR. Something to keep in mind.
    aylbdr
  • LillieVirideLillieViride
    Vindictus Rep: 1,095
    edited November 8, 2018
    +1

Really silly situation - play the game less, obtain more? What a great way to increase and maintain the playerbase. /s

It's a shame because the other new content and a lot of upcoming stuff is really improving the game for me and others I know.
    Cloakshireaylbdr
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    I agree that the +12 set should be given out to eligible players. Restricting the rewards to only people that are either returning and/or haven't claimed their growth goal rewards is just bad business. I'm willing to bet that the amount of people upset about this ouweighs the number of returning players. Keeping your current users happy should take priority.

Imagine the new people who were unaware of this event claiming their growth rewards days prior only to learn that something better is being given to players a few days behind.

This not only affects us veterans with "alts" in need of gearing, but can also be a slap in the face to any new player that didn't get the memo. Overall, the way NA handled this event was wrong and should be rectified in my opinion.
    aylbdrsaladhunter
  • erthoserthos
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    Free outfits is better than this
    It would be, if they were actually permanent. They aren't. 15 days of a shiny outfitter is not worth actually being able to play my alt characters.
    aylbdr
  • SorrowfulSorrowful
    Vindictus Rep: 550
    I came back about 2 weeks previously and gearing is rough when you cant join anything other than the 90 raids/farm s2 with dismantling, im personally patient but i cant help but imagine many other players arent.

+1 would help myself, and many others out : (
    aylbdr
  • RealityBreakRealityBreak
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    Yeah, give us the free gear Nexon. This is BS.
    aylbdr
  • MizoraMizora
    Vindictus Rep: 730
    bump +1
    aylbdr
  • saladhuntersaladhunter
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    Yes, I hope they'll reconsider and distribute the gear equally to the players.
    aylbdr
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    My only guess for not doing it at this point is they lack the technical staff and/or competence to do it. It would explain the relative silence they've maintained around this issue, and considering how buggy the event as been even for actual returning players, my guess now is they realize they should but lack the staff/technical support to actually do it, Truly pathetic.
    aylbdr
  • saladhuntersaladhunter
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    Well, I guess at this point we can only hope they will make an effort to distribute the items to everyone. Either eventually or never, whichever comes first.
    aylbdr
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Also, why no Purple drops for Astera gear? I admit the Blue-Purple-Orange was a bit redundant, but the Purple-Orange setup was really good. You could save on money and do OJ main with Purple and upgrade later when you had money. Purple also gave crafters a way to use Weapon and armorsmithing to make 3 star gear for profit. Makes no sense to eliminate purple gear to me,...
    TheDarkMasteraylbdrDancingStar
  • TheDarkMasterTheDarkMaster
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    Yes we need it, i don't want to remake my alts again also a lot of new players in guild just make it to lvl 90 before update how pathetic they are
    aylbdr
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    edited November 20, 2018
    To keep this post on track, I should add that if you logged off and plan on loggin back in to get the +12 gear, make sure to wait 31 days. Someone in another post logged back in at exactly 30 days and they didn't receive gear, so the event description is incorrect and really means 30+ (31 or more) days.

Another example of a CLEAR event description from Nexon NA, keep it up!
    aylbdrsaladhunter
  • aylbdraylbdr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    edited December 1, 2018
    I've been playing this game for 6 years now; and this is the first and only time I've ever totally agreed 100% with everything every poster in a thread has typed.
    I'm here because I have one mostly geared up main, and also multiple alts of every character that are not geared up. I also have a small guild I've been trying to keep alive since they took away all the free guild skills, and made us work for everything that was free before. So If I don't play for a month, I will lose even more guildies because now I spend all of my time going through my alts just to make guild points (honestly, I haven't had fun playing this game since they ruined my guild).

So now my only option is to make another account, and fill it with lvl one chars and try to keep my guild alive with less than half the characters while I wait 31 days to get gear equal to those who haven't been playing every single day for the last year plus like I have. This is my reward for being an extremely faithful vindi player.

Honestly, this feels like just another slap in the face from nexon. I have been mad at them before, but I have never once even typed the words "rage quit". But for my absolute and undying loyalty to the game, I have a guild that I care about and am trying to keep alive, so that's pretty much all I have time for is collecting GP on all my chars and now I am falling even further behind than everyone who isn't as loyal a player as I am. +wow +mad +sad +thissucksazz

This is how nexon feels about their loyal players? Those of us who've kept this game from dying for years now. I've thought many bad decisions have been made in the past, but these 2 are the worst by far. Personally I don't even know how to play this game anymore. It should be called "Save Your Guild From Dying" or "Gear Your Alts Before You are Forced to Make New Alts".
    saladhunter
  • someonbreadsomeonbread
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    At this point i'd just like an answer from nexon/the special breed that thought of limiting this to returning players. maybe the server is overloaded with the 50 players online at the same time and they needed some people to stay off so that they can keep the servers up' idk really, came back almost 2 months ago and now that the +12/13 runes are gone from seal shop i liiterally just wasted 2 months on this account, the sad joke is that rigfht now i could log on an old account and have better gear than the one i played 2 months for, sure i dont play every day but i still play like 2 days a week for quiite a lot of hours in the weekends or breaks, looks like il
  • KentiahKentiah
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    I'm a returning player, and I hit level 90 on my character I was leveling an hour before the maintenance and claimed the old 90 set since I had no idea this whole thing was coming. Feels pretty awful. Seems like my best action is to just delete and re-level the character if I want that gear, seems silly.
  • KentiahKentiah
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    I'm a returning player, and I hit level 90 on my character I was leveling an hour before the maintenance and claimed the old 90 set since I had no idea this whole thing was coming. Feels pretty awful. Seems like my best action is to just delete and re-level the character if I want that gear, seems silly.
  • someonbreadsomeonbread
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    At this point i'd just like an answer from nexon/the special breed that thought of limiting this to returning players. maybe the server is overloaded with the 50 players online at the same time and they needed some people to stay off so that they can keep the servers up' idk really, came back almost 2 months ago and now that the +12/13 runes are gone from seal shop i liiterally just wasted 2 months on this account, the sad joke is that rigfht now i could log on an old account and have better gear than the one i played 2 months for, sure i dont play every day but i still play like 2 days a week for quiite a lot of hours in the weekends or breaks, looks like ill have to spend my third month of vindi playing destiny while ii liiterally "afk" farm my new +12 gear on my main, sad company just sad.