[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

6 or more months away to return to...

HulkguyHulkguy
Vindictus Rep: 710
in General Discussion
the return event... I was looking forward to playing again (never uninstalled the game from PC....Just gone because I was Deployed...ya know thing called serving your country???)
So here I am I come back... start playing doing my hello to old friends and looking forward to my new gear.....the problem is..I never got the new gear.....I have my clover.. I get the daily attendance...but uhhh....nexon..wheres my gear....I grinded out the story...grinded out random stuff to hit 100...still no gear..so what is going on?
Been around since 2010 and playing this game(on my old account that was banned from the Kraken ban wave **** and was never restored)... I am surprised...why are you still failing so much on not messing up on events and stuff?

Comments

• KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    The gear should have been in the Redeployment Package you got in your mail when logging in. If you've logged into the game before the update, you got the old Redeployment Package with the old gear and you won't be able to get it anymore, because nexon (for some reason) doesn't want to give the gear to all level 90+ players.
  • HulkguyHulkguy
    I was told that before,and I checked it.. it was as you said "old gear" and not the +12 gear people and nexon showed..
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Submit a ticket, sounds like it glitched.
  • HulkguyHulkguy
    And wait 2 months for a response k (if nothing has actually changed)... on it...Will post back ASAP....
  • PurenessPureness
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Just gonna throw it out there nexon very rarely takes more then 24 hours to reply to my previous tickets.
    GhengisJohn
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    edited November 9, 2018
    Karijuna wrote: »
    If you've logged into the game before the update, you got the old Redeployment Package with the old gear and you won't be able to get it anymore, because nexon (for some reason) doesn't want to give the gear to all level 90+ players.

Does this mean that if I received a Redeployment Package at any time in the past, then I won't get the package again, even if I now stay logged out for 30 days ?

I vaguely remember receiving these Packages on some of my characters, maybe 6 months ago ?
  • ZandarmasZandarmas
    Vindictus Rep: 770
    edited November 9, 2018
    Hey there, I'm a returning player from a few years ago, thought I'd throw in my two cents.

If you returned during the event, you should have gotten a support package in the mail with all the +12 gear. If you rejoined before the event started, you were boned.

However, there's also a SECOND set, and frankly I'm not sure if I received it because I was a returning vet or some other reason, but when I was checking the Character Growth tab under Events, I had not collected my care packages for leveling up since basically ever. As I was going through them, I reached the level 90 one, and found a care package with said +12 gear inside. It just says it's a "commemorative reward box for reaching level 90", and mentions nothing about being a returning merc.

https://imgur.com/a/bAOFrrY

As might be able to see, I am ALREADY WEARING the returning merc gear, which I got from my mailbox on logging in. This is a SECOND box now sitting in my inventory from the character growth package.

No, I don't know the details; I've been gone years, so I have no idea how any of this works. It -seems- like it is being awarded as a level-up reward with no ties to any events, but that's only my guess.

Edit: link went weird. Better now. I hope none of you saw that.
    DaftFelix
  • HulkguyHulkguy
    Yea...I got none of that bud...
    I feel like I could go out and play the lottery and win.....rather then get the gear I am supposed to get from this event and that is purely off past history with nexon.....IDK maybe things have changed.. but I doubt it....

It is from korea where service is demanded and not something people do because they want to.....
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    edited November 9, 2018
    Tetsujin wrote: »
    Karijuna wrote: »
    If you've logged into the game before the update, you got the old Redeployment Package with the old gear and you won't be able to get it anymore, because nexon (for some reason) doesn't want to give the gear to all level 90+ players.

Does this mean that if I received a Redeployment Package at any time in the past, then I won't get the package again, even if I now stay logged out for 30 days ?

I vaguely remember receiving these Packages on some of my characters, maybe 6 months ago ?

No, you should get the package every time you haven't logged into the game for at least 30 days. The thing is, before the last update you would get the purple +10 stuff and since the update, the package contains the orange +12 gear. So, if you've logged into the game before the update, you would've gotten the 'old' package instead of the new one.

And about the +12 gear from the level up reward: The purple +10 gear has been replaced with the orange +12 set, it has nothing to do with being a returning merc. Every character that now claims the level 90 reward will get it.
    Tetsujin
  • HulkguyHulkguy
    ok so.. for me... over 6 months..and I didnt get ****....
    Again, contact support. They have a chat feature that lets you talk to someone within a few seconds most of the time to get the issue looked into and setup a ticket if necessary. Nexon messes up a lot, but with all the posts you made you could have been in touch with support and if nothing else had a ticket going, and to be honest most likely had it resolved already.
  • NoSleepNoSleep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,195
    Again, contact support. They have a chat feature that lets you talk to someone within a few seconds most of the time to get the issue looked into and setup a ticket if necessary. Nexon messes up a lot, but with all the posts you made you could have been in touch with support and if nothing else had a ticket going, and to be honest most likely had it resolved already.

Not sure if it rly matters like OP i returned on the 11/5/18 and ppl have posted that support just goes WELP now you can level to 90 AGAIN for the gift. Anyways, will contact live chat and post an update soon. This is probably one of my most unluckiest days to return sigh.
  • DaitangoNecromorphDaitangoNecromorph
    Vindictus Rep: 970
    NoSleep wrote: »

Not sure if it rly matters like OP i returned on the 11/5/18 and ppl have posted that support just goes WELP now you can level to 90 AGAIN for the gift. Anyways, will contact live chat and post an update soon. This is probably one of my most unluckiest days to return sigh.

Same. I returned ~3 days before the update and i'm shattered. I really hope nexon realizes they fked up(they probably wont) and compensate the community for their oversight. I'm still in purple gear because I can't afford to enhance or even purchase all dulla armor. A +12 oj level 90 set would be tremendous amount help. Unfortunately, those who run Nexon NA seem to not be as generous and KR was.
    NoSleep wrote: »

I assumed the OP returned on the date of his post, after the event went live. Yes, if you returned before it did you sadly only get the gear if you havne't claimed the level 90 rewards. That's part of the contention with this, because in literally every single other region all players got the +12 90 gear regardless of current level, being a returning merc, etc. What NA has done punishes players who remained active during the content drought or came back early for the level 100 release, the Destruction Safeguard Rune event, etc.
  • HulkguyHulkguy
    UPDATE:
    I am not gonna be given the gear...
  • DaftFelixDaftFelix
    Vindictus Rep: 480
    edited November 19, 2018
    Ah, that sucks.

Before the event bunch of my characters got the old 90 junk gear and I had to go through the pain and effort of crafting them gear and enchanting it etc. Some of my lesser played characters, I didn't bother crafting new stuff and they're wearing the only 90 free junk (which was better than nothing at all!). On a rare few, I made them gear or gave them hand-me-downs from my more main status characters or just didn't have inventory space and didn't want to accept the 90 level up set... they were fortunate enough to get the new gear after the event from their 90 level up package. I've heard tell you can get the gear by being away 30 days and getting another returning vet package but I've no interest in that. It does kind of annoy me that some of my alts can get right into Dulla while some still have to make gear to get in, and on my old characters I spent quite a bit of time and gold getting up there... buuuuuut what ya gonna do?

Mighty nice for those that can get it though. Mighty nice.

As far as Nexon service goes, there was a time when they were quite helpful, or you might have the possibility of getting a helpful GM or an unhelpful one. Now it seems the official policy is "if you don't have to help people, don't help them". I can't be sure, but every issue I've had that didn't involve paying cash for something has been a dud, so I'm guessing that just like the guy watching a hypothetical turtle on it's back in the desert they're just not helping. It seems they don't understand the potential benefit of fostering good will with your customer base. I wonder if it's company wide, or just a Vindi thing?
  • LinesrLinesr
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Same problem here, sent a ticket they replied that they are investigating the issue and will provide info later on.