[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Ideal Sword Lann Build?

AbuseOfDiscretionAbuseOfDiscretion
Vindictus Rep: 1,110
in Lann
I used to be able to do this sort of thing for myself, but since Nexon saw fit to threaten its most industrious consumers with legal action if they didn't take down their fan sites, the information I need has become really difficult to come by. So I thought I'd try to ask for help from someone with a bigger brain than I have. Thanks in advance.

In short, I'd like to know what the best set of enchants are for Sword Lann, keeping in mind the latest changes as well as what we know about future content. As I recall, there was a combination that it was agreed upon would maximize your crit, but scrolls have since been replaced with new ones that do the same thing with better stats, and I haven't been keeping up.

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited November 10, 2018
    It all comes down to how much gold you have. But just take a look at the highest geared lanns (rank system) and you can figure out it. FYI the new scrolls = 1 more crit or bal and they wont be cheap. Even I don't plan on swapping to soul till I get lv 100 armor or there is a scroll event. (It really comes down to what lv armor/weapons you pick. But any sword lann will want dul or better weapon at least.)
  • AbuseOfDiscretionAbuseOfDiscretion
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    ikevi wrote: »
    It all comes down to how much gold you have.

A lot.
    ikevi wrote: »
    But just take a look at the highest geared lanns (rank system) and you can figure out it.

Not really. The ranking system just figures all the stats into two pretty arbitrary sets of numbers and ranks players based on who has the highest stats, regardless of whether those stats exceed any caps currently in place. I used to notice quite a few of the top-ranked players had more of a particular stat than they could use, and that the effort and expense would have been better spent on other scrolls. I don't know if that's even possible this time around, though, because it's become so incredibly difficult to find any info on the game. If Nexon hadn't retardedly sent out cease and desist letters to all of the fansites that put together the sort of information I need to figure out what build I want, I wouldn't be in this predicament.

• NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited November 23, 2018
    There's barely no choices when it comes to enchants, deadly over echoing is kinda useful if you need the extra crit and def, but you lose att that would be very useful for elchu and hell mode.
    Something that some people ignore is that sword lann does more dps by tanking with slashing high than by dodging. Ofc you're not going to tank balor, but you can tank weaker bosses like arcana and get that extra core quite consistently at the cost of some potions.
    So, priorize caping crit, def and bal, then minmax attspeed with fast scrolls.