[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Who's going to Stop playing for 30 days?

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
in General Discussion
As title says. I have an account with 7 character (6 are alts). 6x Sets of free +12 lvl 90 OJ with rank7 scrolls weapon+armor+accessories is worth more to me than the whole entire rest of this event combined. Who will log out for 30 days and return to get the free gear?
  1. Will you log off for 30 days to get free +12 rank7 gear+accessories for all your characters?50 votes
    1. Yes
       44% (22 votes)
    2. No
       44% (22 votes)
    3. No need, I'm a returning warrior.
       12% (6 votes)

Comments

• DaitangoNecromorphDaitangoNecromorph
    Vindictus Rep: 970
    If Nexon listened to community discontent and gave it out like they were supposed to, i'll probably stay. If not then I just might :p
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    If the characters are lvl 1, do I get all rewards when leveling to 90 or they have to be already lvl 90 when I log in?
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    I already got the +12 lvl 95 gear for all 20 of my alts including my main. the question is if you stopped logging in now, will the event be around for 30 + days?

Damn son you gotta step up your game. I'm already sitting on a fully enchanted +15 lv100 gears, and that doesn't only include my 1st account filled to the capacity with characters but 2nd alt account aswell.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    I already got the +12 lvl 95 gear for all 20 of my alts including my main. the question is if you stopped logging in now, will the event be around for 30 + days?

Damn son you gotta step up your game. I'm already sitting on a fully enchanted +15 lv100 gears, and that doesn't only include my 1st account filled to the capacity with characters but 2nd alt account aswell.

wow man
    you so cool
    you got lvl 100 gear + weapon on first day to +15
    meanwhile im going to slowly progress and enjoy every second that matters in vind towards +15 lvl 100
    i wish +15 lvl 100 was worth bragging since its not even hard to make it anymore

Well, what can I say, I'm simply better than the average Joe like you.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Such situation shouldn't even happen in first place. Looks like a serious overlook to me. Not the only thing that seems rushed about this update though, despite it originally exists for half an year.
    GhengisJohn
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited November 7, 2018
    I was away a year and a half. I came back two or three months ago. Worked my butt off to get a full set of orange +12 enchanted dullahan armor, new accessories, a +12 ls with righteous judgement on it. And now so much is being given to people for staying away that I kind of feel like what did I bother for? The gear they're giving out will purportedly get you onto dulla boats. I have a bunch of alts and only one of them is geared enough to do that. :/ I mean, I am happy that I have gotten as good as I have at Dullhan and Aes Sidhe in that time, but I sure wish my alts would get that gear.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Started my 30 day log off event with my Alt account, still playing with my Main account though. If anyone is planning on logging off for 30 days, make sure to start today so you can return before event ends.
  • Arianthe_Arianthe_
    Vindictus Rep: 835
    I started today aswell. Tbh even if I play 24/7 without a single break for a month, I can never make money to gear an alt to +12 lv90 in one month. Attendance event rewards are not too much of a lose for me (I still have 3 premium enchant runes that I don't use). And I don't have much luck to make money either. So I'll practically make profit at the end. by not playing for one month.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    edited November 8, 2018
    @Arianthe_ yeah you are correct in your thinknig. I was VERY lucky yesterday literally my first run of the new Echle Raid and I got a Ecl essence which run ~100m right now. Sure this is just outrageous RNG, but if you have 1 Main character that can run the new Raids it may be worth staying logged in as long as your RNG isn't absolutely horrid.

Even so, it was a tough decision, and in the end I decided to split the difference and remain logged in with my Main account while putting my Alt accounts on 30 day snooze.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Arianthe_ wrote: »
    I started today aswell. Tbh even if I play 24/7 without a single break for a month, I can never make money to gear an alt to +12 lv90 in one month. Attendance event rewards are not too much of a lose for me (I still have 3 premium enchant runes that I don't use). And I don't have much luck to make money either. So I'll practically make profit at the end. by not playing for one month.

That's assuming the event goes on for one month because the end date is TBA. The response I got pretty much said this is still not determined yet and will be announced shortly. The only reason I can think of for them not wanting to give "Regular Users" the package is we would be getting that on top of the attendance rewards. Only time will tell if they decide the cut off date will not allow the "Regular Users" will be early enough so that not logging on will be for nothing and the rest of us can't get the +12 package. If they do allow us to stay inactive to claim the package then they should just hand out the package to everyone and restrict us from getting the returning player attendance rewards. Simple enough right? However, I'm curious what their reasoning for this mess is.
  • DaitangoNecromorphDaitangoNecromorph
    Vindictus Rep: 970
    Jinyie wrote: »

That's assuming the event goes on for one month because the end date is TBA. The response I got pretty much said this is still not determined yet and will be announced shortly. The only reason I can think of for them not wanting to give "Regular Users" the package is we would be getting that on top of the attendance rewards. Only time will tell if they decide the cut off date will not allow the "Regular Users" will be early enough so that not logging on will be for nothing and the rest of us can't get the +12 package. If they do allow us to stay inactive to claim the package then they should just hand out the package to everyone and restrict us from getting the returning player attendance rewards. Simple enough right? However, I'm curious what their reasoning for this mess is.

But wouldn't those people who came back would be getting the attendance rewards as well? So this kinda conflicts with everyones interests that isn't Nexon.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    @DaitangoNecromorph If you're referring to the current returning players then yes they are receiving both rewards from 2 separate pools of items. The main attendance reward pool claimable by everyone overall seems to have better items than the other pool, but that's all we get compared to 3 sets (+12 package and both attendances at once) that the returning players get. Also if we can stay offline for 30 days starting right now and come back, we can claim the the remaining attendance rewards being Gremlin selection package, Myst/Abys shard, and a prem armor enhance rune.
  • Arianthe_Arianthe_
    Vindictus Rep: 835
    Jinyie wrote: »

If they end up doing that, I'll be quitting completely. The returner coupons at least last till end of January so there's my hope. If they decide to end the returner event before a month, it'd only mean a punishment for active players. Why would I take a punishment okay when it was me who actually keeps playing this game everyday, and not the new returners?

Just to add I have 9 alts on my main account. Half of them are indeed mule chars for vanguard, but I'd love to play my evie, vella, delia and miri more often. But gearing up them all would take me more than 5 months even if I play actively. So yeah, I rather not play on my main either. Heck, I can't even get 80 CF to join new raids at the moment, and I'm not getting any luck and money to enhance my accs any further. I had to failstack to 100% from +11 to +12 and +12 to +13. Imagine how it'd be from +19 to +20 when it costs 1m gold to only try, not to mention mats. So yeah, nothing going on for me to keep me playing for the moment.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    I feel you, even on my Main I only manage to meet CF reqs with Kitty Potion. Thankfully, I have about 150 Kitty Potions banked up to hold me over for now ;D
  • GearGear
    Vindictus Rep: 705
    If you are already level 90 and are a returning mercenary you won't get the +12 equipment. You need to be below 90. So if you are 90 or above you're just wasting your time.
    I haven't played in two months and came back to nothing. Support told me you need to be below 90.
    NoSleep
  • NoSleepNoSleep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,195
    Gear wrote: »
    If you are already level 90 and are a returning mercenary you won't get the +12 equipment. You need to be below 90. So if you are 90 or above you're just wasting your time.
    I haven't played in two months and came back to nothing. Support told me you need to be below 90.

Ouch...I'll just get the attendance gifts then :(
  • RowboCopRowboCop
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    edited November 11, 2018
    Gear wrote: »

From what I've been told …

If you've been away for 30 days or more, you should get a pack in the mail. For lv 90+ chars, if you returned before the event started, you should get a pack with +10 purple lv 90 gear. If you returned after the event started, you should get a pack with +12 orange lv 90 gear.

The level 90 reward for reaching lv 90 is a separate one-time-only reward that everyone gets. If you claimed that reward before the event, you should get a pack with +10 purple lv 90 gear. If you claimed that reward after the event started, you should get a pack with +12 orange lv 90 gear.

The only unknown right now is if the +12 orange gear is a permanent change (ie. we will no longer get +10 purple gear and will instead get +12 orange gear going forward) or a temporary one. I suspect it's permanent, but Nexon has not made this clear.
  • oCharlotteoCharlotte
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    I forgot this game was still up and running. huehue. Free +12 sets for returning? No problem, haven't been on since Rise.