[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Enhancement system remap

DaimusDaimus
Vindictus Rep: 890
edited November 6, 2018 in General Discussion
So, today we have obtained a remap for enhancement system. But I can't get one thing - did they change threshold for item breaking (and other penalties) at failure if attempt is lower then on +15 or not. And, as I understand, damascus steel will restore durability damaged by enhancement failures on any grade of stuff.

Also, will be good if any good samaritan will write here something like a table about enhancement levels and penalties for failure on them.

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited November 6, 2018
    We will see, the rates will be shown. That said, it says 2 tries only needed which is very different than what Korea got, but would be great. Also it doesn't mention giving runes. to get that option. Though personally I think this isn't for all enhancement lvls/weapons. You can find what Korea got in the future section under the lv 100 page.
    Or you can just read most of it here: http://vindmanual.forumotion.com/t201-season-3-chapter-3-episode-2-and-level-100
  • DaimusDaimus
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    edited November 6, 2018
    ikevi wrote: »
    We will see, the rates will be shown. That said, it says 2 tries only needed which is very different than what Korea got, but would be great. Also it doesn't mention giving runes. to get that option. Though personally I think this isn't for all enhancement lvls/weapons. You can find what Korea got in the future section under the lv 100 page.
    Or you can just read most of it here: http://vindmanual.forumotion.com/t201-season-3-chapter-3-episode-2-and-level-100

Thank you. But after reading this post I have feeling that my dullahan pillar will never catch +13, even if it already +12. Such a shame. But not for overstuffed nerds. Without offence to you, guys.

And I don't trust rates showed by system - let's all of us say hello to Brynn and his hilarious success chances.
  • ikeviikevi
    Oh I am sure that the notes have translation errors and we wont have 100% after 2 fails. But Brynn has been fairly good post the revamp on enchantments. (And honestly often I want to fail a few using premium runes to get my money back ;-)
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    So does the items still bind to you after first boom, 2nd boom or 3rd boom?
  • ikeviikevi
    JamesGross wrote: »
    So does the items still bind to you after first boom, 2nd boom or 3rd boom?

First boom. After that it is perma bound.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I would say with 99% certainty the event is translated wrong. NO WAY Nexon would guarantee enhancement after two failures. We will get what Korea got, which is still better than nothing.
  • DaftFelixDaftFelix
    Vindictus Rep: 480
    So... reforging costs another weapon feather, 2 chunks, an enhance rune, and a shitload of damascus steel?

When I put these things in will they replace the feather/chunks in my weapon already or can I use any junk feather/chunks as mats? If I have to keep feeding this thing Legendaries I may as well just make a new weapon.
  • ikeviikevi
    just use junk mats, feathers/chunks don't get replaced.
    DaftFelix
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    DaftFelix wrote: »
    So... reforging costs another weapon feather, 2 chunks, an enhance rune, and a shitload of damascus steel?

When I put these things in will they replace the feather/chunks in my weapon already or can I use any junk feather/chunks as mats? If I have to keep feeding this thing Legendaries I may as well just make a new weapon.

The revival costs are prohibitive. Therefore I suggest only choosing to revive weapons that are high enhanced. If it's anything less than a +12 just move on. If you working on a new weapon be patient and use runes to take it as far as possible or pre-buy +13's.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited November 6, 2018
    I'm not sure, but we might have also gotten the post-KR-nerf Damascus steel costs. The following post says it takes 18 to reforge a +13 L95 weapon: http://heroes.nexon.com/news/update/view?postno=843

However I'm seeing 29 required Damascus.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited November 6, 2018
    Seems that we got the nerfed, higher rates for sub 100 gear but didn't get the other half of that update that makes Damascus Steel available in all old 95 content. Here's what KR got after the initial nerf and outcry:
    BOK_CHOI wrote: »
    http://www.inven.co.kr/board/heroes/2471/41250
    A bit of good news following another update in KR server...

Up till yesterday the only raids to drop damascus steels were the three new lvl 100 raids.

Now they'll also drop from the following bosses:
    Dullahan
    Aes Sidhe
    Arcana
    Rupacitus
    All of the Special dungeon bosses

Now for how good/bad the drop rate is gonna be for the damascus steel in these dungeons, and how much more efficient the new enhancement system will become with the increased availability of the steel, I guess we'll have to see.

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Okay, seems they just didn't include it in the notes. Steel drops from level 90 raids as well, and I'd assume 95 also, and the special dungeon bosses as noted above. Good news for those who don't have the gear or mats to step into 100 stuff just yet.
    X1Guts1XOrder5
  • WilkoWilko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,750
    One of my characters somehow triggered the weekly limit for the Damascus Steel in the AP shop without actually buying it. It just kept saying there was a problem trying to purchase it and when I opened the AP shop again there was a timer on it. Oh well. The 2 day VIP worked fine.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Wilko wrote: »
    One of my characters somehow triggered the weekly limit for the Damascus Steel in the AP shop without actually buying it. It just kept saying there was a problem trying to purchase it and when I opened the AP shop again there was a timer on it. Oh well. The 2 day VIP worked fine.

I had the same issue. Seems like a bug.
  • PurenessPureness
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    So if I revive a +13 with damascus and enhance again, it will stay +13 if it fails and just need to be restored through strange traveler, correct?
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Pureness wrote: »
    So if I revive a +13 with damascus and enhance again, it will stay +13 if it fails and just need to be restored through strange traveler, correct?

Correct
    Pureness
  • PurenessPureness
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    edited November 7, 2018
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Pureness wrote: »

Correct

Thank you!
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    "Reforge" feature allows you to re-enable enhancement feature on restored items. Steel and other materials are required in the process. You can do this infinitely till the item becomes +15. Each enhancement failure increases success change of the next attempt, up to 100%. Please keep in mind that changing enhancement level will reset this failure-bonus - this includes when the enhancement level decreases, due to runes like Destruction Safeguard Rune, which is precisely why they retired them.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    edited November 8, 2018
    Anyone reforged at same enchance level more than twice? Did we get what Korea got, or what the patch notes said? Patch notes stated after 2 failed attempts the success rate would be 100% (I highly suspect this is just a patch notes error, but still if anyone can confirm...)
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    I also highly doubt it's only 2 fails since that would be op