[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Returning Warrior Question

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
edited November 6, 2018 in General Discussion
It states in notes returning warrior event will likely continue for longer than 1+ month (until further notice).

It states a returning warrior is any account that hasn't logged in for 30+ days

Does it only make this check at the start of the event, or does it check for account activity DURING this event. I would LOVE to have the OP +12 level 90 gear but am an active player. If I stop playing now, in 30 days from now will I have access to the the returning warrior goodies since this event will likely go for 2 months.

I really wish Nexon would be clearer with the wording of ALL their events...
MizoraRowboCopGhengisJohn

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    X1Guts1X wrote: »

I wish the +12 gear wasn't relegated to returning mercs. I wish it was simply the new lvl 90 standard reward & distributed to all players so that no one is left out.
    X1Guts1XGhengisJohnDaftFelix
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Cloakshire wrote: »

I wish the +12 gear wasn't relegated to returning mercs. I wish it was simply the new lvl 90 standard reward & distributed to all players so that no one is left out.

I agree 100%. The event is designed to get people who don't play to start playing again, but this goal could be achieved by still allowing active players to receive the same goodies. In fact, you are almost slapping your consistent players in the face in order to get a few old players to start playing again, and that just seems like a bad way to do business....

Plus I actually burned some Seals of Bravery getting a +13 restoration gem on a few of my alts, and now they won't even be receiving the gear...
  • RowboCopRowboCop
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    edited November 6, 2018
    It states in notes returning warrior event will likely continue for longer than 1+ month (until further notice).

It states a returning warrior is any account that hasn't logged in for 30+ days

Does it only make this check at the start of the event, or does it check for account activity DURING this event. I would LOVE to have the OP +12 level 90 gear but am an active player. If I stop playing now, in 30 days from now will I have access to the the returning warrior goodies since this event will likely go for 2 months.

I think I'm gonna do just that and log back in a month later to see if I get the +12 gear set. If not, then I'll prob take a break from the game indefintely or maybe wait until the next returning player event. It's somewhat demoralizing to find the gear you worked for is less than free gear. I haven't been playing that much since the Rise update so my gear has not progressed very far since. But to find out its now less than free gear is a bit of a slap in the face.
    X1Guts1X
  • DaitangoNecromorphDaitangoNecromorph
    Vindictus Rep: 970
    foreal tho. this is kinda lame. this whole update is a bit of a pander e.e
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    edited November 6, 2018
    Also, I'm pretty sure in KOREA the free gear wasn't restricted to returning players, but given to ALL players. This wouldn't be the first time NA got a turd event compared to Korea, but when the rewards are as significant as getting 10 sets (all my ALTS) of very solid gear or not simply because I decided to do what Nexon wants (playing this game actively), it really is a big slap in the face!

Whats really dangerous on the part of Nexon by setting this precedent, however, is now I am inclined to NOT log in for 30 day intervals before known big event times (Winter holidays, etc.) just to ensure I don't get scammed out of potential goodies. This has the OPPOSITE EFFECT of the intent of this returning warrior event by promoting me NOT to return, but only return at designated times after checking Nexon News.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited November 6, 2018
    Yeah, in KR the +12 90 gear is for all characters on all accounts as a part of the release for 100 so that undergeared players or those who want to use alts can farm level 90 content and at least some of the level 100 stuff in a reasonable time. It's very, very poor form for NA to limit this to people who haven't been actively participating in the game and to allow them to jump far ahead of some players who have been active but can't play regularly enough to gear fully.

Doesn't exactly make people who have been a part of the game recently want to support Vindi with the cash that is no doubt much needed as hard as the population has fallen off. Warframe seems to like my money, though, so I'll keep giving it to DE.

Just realized as well that with the move to have 8-man only in Redeemers that trying to get returning merc bonuses will be more tedious than in the past when a group could wait to get any one of eight slots filled by them. Just another reminder of how gutting the game instead of keeping the option to run anywhere from 1 to 8 people in normal raids continues to hurt players. +sad
  • SansaSansa
    Vindictus Rep: 595
    edited November 6, 2018
    I'm not a returning player, and I still got the +12 90 set.
    I never claimed my "Level up" gifts til today. Maybe that is why majority of you are not getting it, because you claimed your 90 gift when it was crappy. So to get it now, you have to be inactive for 30 days.. Rip.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    edited November 6, 2018
    Now you're just pouring salt on an open wound.... actually make that a gaping wound +cry
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Sansa wrote: »
    I never claimed my "Level up" gifts til today. Maybe that is why majority of you are not getting it, because you claimed your 90 gift when it was crappy. So to get it now, you have to be inactive for 30 days.. Rip.

Acutally, would be nice if A MODERATOR could comment on if this is actually true or not. It's not CLEAR from the wording of this event that if I am inactive for 30 days THEN return it will allow me to get the returning warrior gear. The way it is worded, it could just mean it only counts if you were inactive the 30 days prior to event launch, not just inactive 30 days.

Also, congrats Sansa. In 1 year from now when the +90 reward is a +20 lvl 90 rank5 scroll reward, you will feel dumb for claiming your prize now :))

• SansaSansa
    Vindictus Rep: 595
    edited November 6, 2018

Acutally, would be nice if A MODERATOR could comment on if this is actually true or not. It's not CLEAR from the wording of this event that if I am inactive for 30 days THEN return it will allow me to get the returning warrior gear. The way it is worded, it could just mean it only counts if you were inactive the 30 days prior to event launch, not just inactive 30 days.

Also, congrats Sansa. In 1 year from now when the +90 reward is a +20 lvl 90 rank5 scroll reward, you will feel dumb for claiming your prize now :))

I was just saying, no need to get all pissy. :) I doubt I will care when that happens.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X

I was just saying, no need to get all pissy. :) I doubt I will care when that happens.

I'm glad you are getting the gear, but a lot of people are not, and it is a real slap in the face.
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    I'm just confused what it means by "Select 'Erinn I've returned!' in the event menu" on the description for the clover bonus. I have no such option.
    VaryenMatherekWeeaboosDaftFelix
  • AppalloAppallo
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Cashews wrote: »
    I'm just confused what it means by "Select 'Erinn I've returned!' in the event menu" on the description for the clover bonus. I have no such option.

I'm in the same boat....I have the clover bonus but when you go to the event page nothing about Errin is there...

Also for the OP's answer. I recently came back about a week ago and I have the clover bonus. I cannot accept tour of duty boxes or anything regarding this event. So no apparently
  • AppalloAppallo
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Cashews wrote: »

I'm in the same boat....I have the clover bonus but when you go to the event page nothing about Errin is there...

Also for the OP's answer. I recently came back about a week ago and I have the clover bonus. I cannot accept tour of duty boxes or anything regarding this event. So no apparently you have to have come back after this event started.
  • KatamariKatamari
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    The exclusivity criteria for "returning" players genuinely upsets me. I placed Vindictus on the shelf around 4-5 years ago due to real life obligations and only recently came back to the game in the past week. However, because I've already logged in, my account is now considered "active" and will likely not be eligible for the enhanced +12 set?!

If my characters are not qualified to receive the generous new sets, then are the only options open to me are either continue trudging along and trying to grind for the mats and money for new enhanceable gear or to frustratingly shelve the game again? While I do appreciate the free existing level 90 gear, I'm still left with an account that is still significantly inadequate in gear compared to the sea of rare +13 and higher equipment that I regularly see.

I understand that this game is all about the grind, but this event feels like a humiliating slap in the face. After years of inactivity, merely because I restarted playing a week prior the beginning of this event I have to grind for that same +12 set that new returnees essentially can just log in to receive? It's like participating in a 100 meter sprint, but starting 100 meters behind everyone else.

My apologies for the lengthy rant, but I honestly needed to vent some frustrations since the event may be, given my circumstances, incredibly inequitable.

• KatamariKatamari
    The exclusivity criteria for "returning" players genuinely upsets me. I placed Vindictus on the shelf around 4-5 years ago due to real life obligations and only recently came back to the game in the past week. However, because I've already logged in, my account is now considered "active" and will likely not be eligible for the enhanced +12 set?!

If my characters are not qualified to receive the generous new sets, then are the only options open to me are either continue trudging along and trying to grind for the mats and money for new enhanceable gear or to frustratingly shelve the game again? While I do appreciate the free existing level 90 gear, I'm still left with an account that is still significantly inadequate in gear compared to the sea of rare +13 and higher equipment that I regularly see.

I understand that this game is all about the grind, but this event feels like a humiliating slap in the face. After years of inactivity, merely because I restarted playing a week prior the beginning of this event I have to grind for that same +12 set that new returnees essentially can just log in to receive? It's like participating in a 100 meter sprint, but starting 100 meters behind everyone else.

My apologies for the lengthy rant, but I honestly needed to vent some frustrations since the event may be, given my circumstances, incredibly inequitable.

• KatamariKatamari