[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Soooo Can someone make sense of this?

KaguraHimikoKaguraHimiko
Vindictus Rep: 1,275
in General Discussion
The event with the avatar set (the scarecrow and Ghost)
IS it 100% guaranteed to get or is it RNG?

Doesn't really specify....

Comments

• IcygoddessIcygoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    Like event page says:

"Talk to the Strange Traveler and once you’ve guided the souls into your Halloween Magic Pouch for 15 days, return to the Strange Traveler and he will gift you with a Special Halloween Magic Pouch and a special title! And in the Special Halloween Magic Pouch, will be some exclusive limited Halloween outfits!"

It says there WILL be an Halloween outfit... But some people don't trust this.
  • KaguraHimikoKaguraHimiko
    Icygoddess wrote: »
    Like event page says:

"Talk to the Strange Traveler and once you’ve guided the souls into your Halloween Magic Pouch for 15 days, return to the Strange Traveler and he will gift you with a Special Halloween Magic Pouch and a special title! And in the Special Halloween Magic Pouch, will be some exclusive limited Halloween outfits!"

It says there WILL be an Halloween outfit... But some people don't trust this.

yeah thats what I mean, it doesnt really specify, people say its rng people dont lol
  • IcygoddessIcygoddess
    If not everyone gets an outfit, we'll see a thread pop up about it lol
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    I think it works like piece of papers in a hat, since the page mentions quantities. So you get better chances pulling an outfit longer you play but you get only one(?Not sure if toon pulls out a opposite sex outfit can they mail it to someone)
  • IcygoddessIcygoddess

^^ You WILL get an outfit.

2T8DCtc.png

^^ You MIGHT get an outfit.

... That's misleading. As if they say it's already in the pouch, but since we didn't open it yet, we don't know what will come out of it. Like a bag of marbles, they're all in here, but you pick a "Potion" marble instead of an "Outfit" marble.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275

^^ You WILL get an outfit.

It poorly written but that passage does not read as you will get an outfit. It says that outfits exist in the pouch. Not that your guaranteed to get the outfit from the pouch.
  • IcygoddessIcygoddess
    Yeah, get potions and throw the bag away. If it were in it, I'd raher throw out an empty bag over a bag I only took one item out of.
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    It poorly written

That's what makes it so confusing. And since you only get one item per bag, this item being RNG selected, I wouldn't say an outfit was in the bag if I got potions instead.

I red that sentence again and again to make sure I red right. I still read "Will get an outfit".
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Yeah, get potions and throw the bag away. If it were in it, I'd raher throw out an empty bag over a bag I only took one item out of.
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    It poorly written

That's what makes it so confusing. And since you only get one item per bag, this item being RNG selected, I wouldn't say an outfit was in the bag if I got potions instead.

I red that sentence again and again to make sure I red right. I still read "Will get an outfit".

I believe that you will get a special pouch daily. So it's RNG but you will have multiple chances for the outfit. We will find out soon.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited October 19, 2018
    I'm just confused. Are we just supposed to collect the souls from the missions and attendance and then open the bag once we have 15 of them? Everything about the event is poorly worded.

Looking again, I guess we have to use one soul per day to open the regular pouch, then after 15 days use a soul to open the special pouch until we manage to get the items we want?

Seems I wasted a few days because of the way this is presented. Would be nice if we could get clarity either way, considering there are a lot of people asking for better info on the event.
  • IcygoddessIcygoddess
    You get souls from daily attendance and 2 from dailies (one per daily). You use those souls on Halloween Magic Pouches you get from the Strange Traveler's Halloween story, to open them. After 15 days of opening those pouches, you will receive a Special Halloween Magic Pouch. Now, where people are lost, and from how I understand it:

-After 15 normal pouches opened, will the Strange Traveler give Special pouches daily instead of normal ones? Or is it only one special pouch, as if it would finish his Halloween story?

-The Special Pouch is poorly described, as it says "Will contain a limited Halloween Outfit", and lower, you see a list of all the possible drops from this pouch, including potions, candies, soaps, and outfits of course, therefore MIGHT drop an outfit.

So will you have one or multiple chances to earn an outfit? That's what we'll see.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I'm just confused. Are we just supposed to collect the souls from the missions and attendance and then open the bag once we have 15 of them? Everything about the event is poorly worded.

Looking again, I guess we have to use one soul per day to open the regular pouch, then after 15 days use a soul to open the special pouch until we manage to get the items we want?

The tracking of our progress was the very first thing I questioned. Normally the Strange Traveler would give us a re-usable item, or require us to turn in a certain number of tokens for this kind of event. However, I'm considering the possibility that it might not matter how many souls we guide; the 15 day "wait" period might simply be because of the actual holiday.
  • KaguraHimikoKaguraHimiko
    You get souls from daily attendance and 2 from dailies (one per daily). You use those souls on Halloween Magic Pouches you get from the Strange Traveler's Halloween story, to open them. After 15 days of opening those pouches, you will receive a Special Halloween Magic Pouch. Now, where people are lost, and from how I understand it:

-After 15 normal pouches opened, will the Strange Traveler give Special pouches daily instead of normal ones? Or is it only one special pouch, as if it would finish his Halloween story?

-The Special Pouch is poorly described, as it says "Will contain a limited Halloween Outfit", and lower, you see a list of all the possible drops from this pouch, including potions, candies, soaps, and outfits of course, therefore MIGHT drop an outfit.

So will you have one or multiple chances to earn an outfit? That's what we'll see.

when it said limited i thought it meant like you wont ever see it again in the future limited not "there are only certain amount in the pouch" limited, if that made sense. Unless im completely missing the point. Oh well. Thanks for the responses anyway :3 guess we will see lmao
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    Korea got the same event in these days and their 'limited' is a 30 days halloween outfit. Hopefully won't be the same here...
    LoLoBooty
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Korea got the same event in these days and their 'limited' is a 30 days halloween outfit. Hopefully won't be the same here...

All this consternation over this outfit and it may possibly be a 30 day outfit. lol :Nexon:
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    where are the vindi staff to clarify.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    Order5 wrote: »

The tracking of our progress was the very first thing I questioned. Normally the Strange Traveler would give us a re-usable item, or require us to turn in a certain number of tokens for this kind of event. However, I'm considering the possibility that it might not matter how many souls we guide; the 15 day "wait" period might simply be because of the actual holiday.

It's probably tracking the title progress when you open a pouch via the souls.
  • iEatEverythingiEatEverything
    Vindictus Rep: 1,220

I can confirm that the outfitter will be a permanent version. I say this because normally you wouldnt be able to alter a 30 day timed item, but in this event, Nexon gives you the option to keep the outfitter as is or spend a little bit of AP and add some blood to the outfit. If the outfit was temporarily for 30 days, they wouldnt have implemented this option.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I can confirm that the outfitter will be a permanent version. I say this because normally you wouldnt be able to alter a 30 day timed item, but in this event, Nexon gives you the option to keep the outfitter as is or spend a little bit of AP and add some blood to the outfit. If the outfit was temporarily for 30 days, they wouldnt have implemented this option.

That's not a confirmation. A confirmation would be that you've actually obtained the outfitter, and that it shows no indication that it will expire.

That's not a confirmation. A confirmation would be that you've actually obtained the outfitter, and that it shows no indication that it will expire.

it is a confirmation, because in nexon's code, you can't alter temporarily items. lol, they'd have to change the entire code for all temporarily items which would allow u to dye temp outfits if they were to make these temp sets. I'm not gonna disclose how to locate nexon's code cuz it is against the ToS to mess with them, but you can rest assured these outfits are perm versions.

it is a confirmation, because in nexon's code, you can't alter temporarily items. lol, they'd have to change the entire code for all temporarily items which would allow u to dye temp outfits if they were to make these temp sets. I'm not gonna disclose how to locate nexon's code cuz it is against the ToS to mess with them, but you can rest assured these outfits are perm versions.

23hso3k.png

yeah told u so, big oof.
    Order5