[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Title Fire-touched

xCyclonusxCyclonus
Vindictus Rep: 895
edited October 23, 2018 in General Discussion
Soo, now i see ppl getting this title without clearing the battle because they just participated in an attempting clear even if:

"And IF and only IF you do end up accomplishing the impossible, then you will be rewarded with an exclusive title: Fire-touched."

So yeah Nexon, can you be more ambiguous than this next time? (rethorical question btw)

Comments

• PhaliantPhaliant
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    I demand compensation !

It's unfair ! Just give everyone the title, it was not even possible to clear at all anyway NEXON !

HOW should we known that we had to "TRY" at least once to get it in the end afterall ?!

Nonsense, I call it ! Then again, give the title, that's all.
    SirRFI
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    edited October 23, 2018
    boo4u wrote: »

Nexon felt bad that only one person soloed it and decided to change up the terms and give it to anyone who tried it. Why should you deserve the title when you had no confidence in yourself of clearing or even trying to do the battle?

Why would i waste my time poking him even with the best party EU?
  • GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    Phaliant wrote: »
    I demand compensation !

It's unfair ! Just give everyone the title, it was not even possible to clear at all anyway NEXON !

HOW should we known that we had to "TRY" at least once to get it in the end afterall ?!

Nonsense, I call it ! Then again, give the title, that's all.

How is it unfair? It makes sense that only the population who ACTUALLY ATTEMPTED to do the event get the reward. It makes 0 sense that the people who didn't even want to try the Hell Mode event would get the reward. People already expected this to be impossible, yet still tried to fight against Hell Mode anyway. It's a reward for your effort.

I'm one of those that didn't even want to try Hell Mode because of my discouragement, but I'm not mad about not receiving the title because, as stated, there was no attempt. Nexon made the correct decision on this.
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    Oh yeah, by all means, they can shove that title as deep as they can now but it could be possible to be specified when Balor got released:

"Is Balor too challenging for you? No worries, these are rewards for your daring attempts, so give your best and you shall be rewarded for your efforts NOT your results."

Now we got a text saying that the run should be acomplished to get that super duper exclusive title.
  • GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    That's true. They could've gave out a notice a few days prior to us letting us know that they were going to do that, so can't really argue there.

IMHO I'm kind of glad they didn't say anything though because at that point you could literally walk in, afk the hour (Or forfeit and leave, however way it would work), and you get your title for, again, not really trying. So I'm still glad that the people that gave a shot at Hell Mode are going to get their titles.

I would like to see this event come back when they bring the level 100 update in. Time will tell I guess.
  • assassin56assassin56
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    Well that's unfair. When Balor was released we were promised a title for ATTEMPTING him, so I ATTEMPTED Balor on my alt Miri but I didn't get the Balor Challenger title on her. If anything really, what pisses me off is Nexon's wording of the conditions for the rewards of these events and not falling through in the end. So yeah, I don't think these people should get a title for NOT beating hell mode.
  • PhaliantPhaliant
    edited October 24, 2018
    Well, IT IS unfair beacause as already stated and said there : The title was deserved to people that CLEAR this mode not ATTEMPTING it only.

The event description is then confusing and illogical thus people shouldn't have recieved the title for NOT clearing it.

Secondly, it's not that i'am afraid of trying him or whatever you may "imagine" (I'am confidenti n my skill and you don't know me so better not make false assumptions) there was simply NO parties at all AND the event STATED to CLEAR it to get the title so I didn't bother.

Finally, WE had absolutely NO notice whatsoever for us to know that an "attmpt" would count for the event towards the nearly end of it at all, so again, it's a fail from Nexon's side.

So in the end, WE should all get hte title (even now) by simply entering the battle, fail it and get done with it. This way IT IS fair.
    LillieVirideSirRFIassassin56
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited October 24, 2018
    I'm about sick of seeing Boo4u's garbage posts on these forums, but besides that, I got it, because like every redeemer event title like this ever, they were all given out for attempting the runs. Now I will say I read all the patch notes, repeatedly and no where in there did it state for attempting it you would receive the title. I went in there with a guildie and just died because I figured this is what it was. Glad I did since I turned out to be correct. While I do agree the blame here lies solely on Devcat, I'm not sure if I agree with just handing everyone titles for what was an event and if you did not even enter the battle once. What they should do, is allow the title to be given for completing Hell Balor at anytime in the future now, as well as the normal titles you get for completing them.
    KenshinXProvik
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    I do find it funny that folks didn't even try it to see what it was like. I mean is the only "new" content.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    ikevi wrote: »
    I do find it funny that folks didn't even try it to see what it was like. I mean is the only "new" content.

I did try it, but not for all chars.

It's technically is old content, just harder.
  • PhaliantPhaliant
    Yes @Abaddan that would ba a possible "solution" for their mistake and it would be rather easy to implement.
  • LillieVirideLillieViride
    Vindictus Rep: 1,095
    Just re-implement the event for another week or so with corrected information for obtaining the title. Simple.
    KenshinX
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Yagamin wrote: »
    ikevi wrote: »

I did try it, but not for all chars.

It's technically is old content, just harder.

There was a reason I put "new" in quotes. That said they both have new move sets, just we can't even get their hp low enough to see them yet.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited October 25, 2018
    "Old, new raid" +yes
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    I love how no GM or mod even look at this and replied to anything.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    After today's maintenance the title was awarded to select characters on my account...

...however I'm not sure what criteria went into deciding which characters got the title. I had a lynn that had zero balor clears get the title but a Karok with 2 balor clears did not get the title.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    I love how no matter what Nexon does, people will continues to complain day in and day out.

-Complain because Hell mode is too hard, can't obtain the title.

-Complain because title was handed to us for free (Complained probably because they didn't even log their main and probably cuz title isn't shared.

cry-babies-they-will-start-to-cry-large-3.jpg
  • LillieVirideLillieViride
    Vindictus Rep: 1,095
    edited November 13, 2018
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    After today's maintenance the title was awarded to select characters on my account...

...however I'm not sure what criteria went into deciding which characters got the title. I had a lynn that had zero balor clears get the title but a Karok with 2 balor clears did not get the title.

I received the title on the two characters of mine that have standard Balor completions so, seems to be working okay for me at least.

JamesGross wrote: »
    I love how no matter what Nexon does, people will continues to complain day in and day out.

-Complain because Hell mode was impossible at the time of the event without cheating, can't obtain the title.

cry-babies-they-will-start-to-cry-large-3.jpg

FTFY
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275

I received the title on the two characters of mine that have standard Balor completions so, seems to be working okay for me at least.

Just curious really if there was a pattern with how they decided to award characters titles.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    Just curious really if there was a pattern with how they decided to award characters titles.

2 of my chars with no Balor clears (in fact Balor isn't even unlocked) but have some Neam clears got the title.