[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fresh character speedrunning story mode

DjmantiDjmanti
Vindictus Rep: 300
edited October 17, 2018 in General Discussion
If not on the list, please post who and why
  1. Who would win20 votes
    1. Twin Sword Vella
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Twin Spear Lann
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Twin Sword Lann
       5% (1 vote)
    4. Greatsword Hurk
       5% (1 vote)
    5. Bow Kai
       0% (0 votes)
    6. Cross Gun Kai
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Miri
       55% (11 votes)
    8. Sylas
       15% (3 votes)
    9. Battle Scythe Evie
       20% (4 votes)

Comments

• DjmantiDjmanti
    I believe Miri's spin to win using dragon's energy (call it whatever you want) makes her a beast at clearing trash and therefore would win
    Though she get's strong kid of late right? while someone like Hurk is strong right from the get go :)
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Longsword & Small Shield Fiona. Unlike Miri, you will have zero down time and she moves faster across maps using Shield Dash between red barriers.
  • DjmantiDjmanti
    I just had a conversation with a supergeared GS hurk, he told me about teide hurk and damn.. that smash for trash clearing and dodge spam is unbeatable :o
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    I found Miri and TS Vella the fastest with the latter surprising me.

Miri: high burst, large aoe, high mobility. Plus you unlock her chainswing early on. 1-95 took me between 6-7 hours with vip and event exp boosts I had stocked.

TS Vella: low stamina consumption, high mobility, crosscut and doublecross in later levels would demolish tanky mobs. Simply lure groups together and fish out those counters. 1-95 took around 7hours under the same conditions as Miri.

All other classes took 8-10+ hours from 1-95 under same conditions as Miri and TS Vella.

I did story for 1-70 which was usually completed somewhere early into S2 story. Used 100% exp boost at level 70 (stacking with VIP and VVIP exp boosts) and spammed s2 raids. It is most viable to do this at around reset time as you need around 2 full sets of s2 raids to get to 95.
    DjmantiBladehawk
  • DjmantiDjmanti
    Atherion yeah TS vella is very effective indeed :) I like that you have gathered this much data, thing is though that I will be using this for making gold, so I'm not intressted in spamming s2 boats for exp but rather complete as much quests as possible for gold income.

I'm thinking about pushing until autumn reed beed (or whatever it's called) I believe that it would net you around 1kk/Hour roughly
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Djmanti wrote: »
    Atherion yeah TS vella is very effective indeed :) I like that you have gathered this much data, thing is though that I will be using this for making gold, so I'm not intressted in spamming s2 boats for exp but rather complete as much quests as possible for gold income.

I'm thinking about pushing until autumn reed beed (or whatever it's called) I believe that it would net you around 1kk/Hour roughly

That is a really bad way to make money. Heck even spamming S2 boats => dismantling + selling scrolls will make you a lot more per hour.

And right now best money is running a rar per character you have till at least the end of the event. (Basically ~12m per hr of your time there.)
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited October 18, 2018
    Top factors:
    A. Clearing Mobs
    B. Speed traveling through map
    C. Burst damage for end boss (In the mid level bosses just trans spear the boss).

Ranks:
    1. Miri - Spin2Win, Dragonform
    2. Teide Hurk - Spacebar + right-click through the map
    3. Sylas - Balanced in all 3 factors
    + everyone else

Xgun Kai would be a top choice except his speed traveling through the map is on the lower end of the spectrum.

Twin swords vella doesn't clear mobs fast enough.

Scythe evie seems like a good option at first but her mob clearing options take longer to execute then other chars (e.g. Miri/Kai). Stamina issues with trying to blink through the map vs. Miri/Delia's skill which costs no SP to sprint.
    Djmanti
  • DjmantiDjmanti
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Top factors:
    A. Clearing Mobs
    B. Speed traveling through map
    C. Burst damage for end boss (In the mid level bosses just trans spear the boss).

Ranks:
    1. Miri - Spin2Win, Dragonform
    2. Teide Hurk - Spacebar + right-click through the map
    3. Sylas - Balanced in all 3 factors
    + everyone else

Xgun Kai would be a top choice except his speed traveling through the map is on the lower end of the spectrum.

Twin swords vella doesn't clear mobs fast enough.

Scythe evie seems like a good option at first but her mob clearing options take longer to execute then other chars (e.g. Miri/Kai). Stamina issues with trying to blink through the map vs. Miri/Delia's skill which costs no SP to sprint.

this is so well written :) ty for this!
    btw, would 1m / hour be considered trash gold gain? (I just don't feel vindictus as this group playing game, more like Devil May Cry MMO :D)
  • DjmantiDjmanti
    edited October 21, 2018
    what should be my strat if I'm all solo?

(playing in eu)

• AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    There is the RAR event going on right now, so doing those raids as many times as you can can yield quite a bit of profit due to increased drop rates for shards.

Outside of the event, a lot of people spam s2 raids for equipment which you can dismantle and sell. You can also get some scrolls such as passion, and enthu which is somewhat valuable. But I'm unsure what what the economic situation of EU is like so its better to check your market prices for reference.
  • ISeeFireISeeFire
    Vindictus Rep: 635

btw, would 1m / hour be considered trash gold gain? (I just don't feel vindictus as this group playing game, more like Devil May Cry MMO :D)

(playing in eu)

Considering you re playing in EU. So for me 1m/ hour is not bad. We re not NA server. Their economy is collapsed by bots, hack, gold-selling. Ours is better despite of having bots too. If you have a good source for farming gold then keep going.

• LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited October 22, 2018
    ISeeFire wrote: »

(playing in eu)

Considering you re playing in EU. So for me 1m/ hour is not bad. We re not NA server. Their economy is collapsed by bots, hack, gold-selling. Ours is better despite of having bots too. If you have a good source for farming gold then keep going.

"Collapsed" isn't the word I would use to describe the NA economy. A better word is "inflated". There has been times over the years when the NA economy was not inflated and I've got to say that its miserable when you're scrounging hard to make any gold and have to pay attention to repair fees and such.

On the other hand the NA economy means a higher barrier of entry for new players who don't know the tricks to getting the most gold. It's advantageous to wealthy players who can stock up gold during inflated times/prices, hold certain items for stretches based on pricing, and stock-up on botted items for pennies.