[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Swift Assassin isn't considered a smash attack

PhaliantPhaliant
Vindictus Rep: 1,560
in Lynn
Hello fellow Lynn's (Glaive),

As the title said, I've recently noticed something stange (Weird ? I dunno) :

Swift Assasin's Marks aren't Smashes !

So now I wonder, WHY ?

This way, Glaive MAIN dps potential is losing from Smash Mastery Skill (which is a 33% dmg increase !)

Do you think it's intended or do you think it is considred as a "special attack" ? (This way dmg formula may differ then)

If it's a "bug" then it SHOULD be fixed (ASAP) but as I don't play on kr server and that they recently had Lynn's change (see Future Content section), maybe it's different there.

PS : How I noticed -> Try doing "kill x boss with a Smash attack" by exploding marks. Result : It doesn't count as completed.
  1. Intended or Bug ?7 votes
    1. Intended (so different dmg formula)
       57% (4 votes)
    2. Bug (need a fix)
       43% (3 votes)

Comments

• VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Even in XE version more than 1 year ago (when XE was still alive) marks were not considered as smashes, thou I remember sum1 counting on me when there was "kill with smash attack". Nao that I think about it maybe that's why I nevah succeeded in that mission.

PS: Give up on glaive lynn bugs being fixed evah
    PS2: Give up on any bug being fixed fast
    PS3: If you wanna inrease your dps learn how to use feather bug (it's ~20% dmg increase they say)
    PS4: If you wanna increase yar dmg even moar master even moar bugs, ya knu lynn is one of the masters in bugs ya gotta learn them all to deal moar dmg (permanent lil rat, additional skill use after jade fox, divine spear invul bugs - s3 glass, lugh and moar). Ya also should be aware of bad bugs (disabled windstep, hits in windstep, hits through lil rat, jade fox and new bosses incompatibility, no invul when using tunderleg immediately after windstep, strage hitboxes of most of glaive attacks, attacks that can't be dodged by tunderleg and I dun mean red attacks, camera problems when using tunderleg near wall, other camera problems )
    PS5: Cookies, candies and other sweet things :3
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    Personally I don't think it's a bug.
    The worst thing is that you can't apply sa in some situations like Arcana's chamber and to mobs. You loose about half of your damage + can't restore stamina + slower sp gain, but hey you can place sa on Dullahan's ghost though=)
    and abyssal arena (in a party) and onslaught (for now) are bs of a whole new level.
    but even with its bugs and awkward hit boxes Glaive in my opinion is still very enjoyable weapon to play. love it a lot.

@Vladino what is permanent little rat?=)
  • PhaliantPhaliant
    Well thanks for your input guys !

I enjoy Glaive, personally, don't take it wrong, it's just that I don't see why our primary source of dmg isn't a Smash like ALL others character's around...

To me, it's kind of like the most stupid "Char balancing" ever indeed.

Well, Hopefully, (I already know how to use feather bug) the upcoming Lynn's Glaive changes will help with it (not about bug fixing though).
  • VladinoVladino
    rondomiza wrote: »
    @Vladino what is permanent little rat?=)

Managed to get it in Balor, it's a lil tricky since ya have to get laggy during lil rat so it's moar difficult to get than evie's mana amber bug. Interesting is that with this bug on ya can't use lil rat or ya will lose tha bug, also sum attacks won't be dodged like balor's missiles (and red attack of course).
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Phaliant wrote: »
    the upcoming Lynn's Glaive changes will help with it .
    May i ask what exactly upcoming changes are you referring to? as far as i know the only changes for glaive we are missing is for onslaught only... right?

@Vladino
    this is an interesting bug thanks for sharing.
    when i play in a party i always lag really badly due to my connection but i've never encountered this bug

• VladinoVladino
    You can manually lag yourself with opening UI tabs N,O,Y,I (guild tab or battles tab lags the most) the problem is you don't know that tha bug started working and using lil rat will disable it so it's rly difficult to notice (cas I prefer lil rat to tunderleg most of times). All of the time I've triggered it in tha windstep, so ma guess it that you have to get laggy exactly when starting windstep (maybe even you have to get blocked hit in windstep while lagging).
  • PhaliantPhaliant
    edited September 30, 2018
    @rondomiza

As stated here the changes seems promising :
    Bowner wrote: »
    rondomiza wrote: »
    @탱크블레이드
    Dragon could you please translate what they did to Glaive Lynn? Niether you nor Juny said nothing about her in your streams.
    To me it seems like she gets some kinda new buffs or something...?

She gets a few new status effects. However it's hard for me to translate since on the Korea server her names originate from DevCAT's Chinese Lore. Therefore making it hard to translate since the skills/effects are all chinese named. It seems the Status Effect can also be stacked up to 10 times as well. The most I can tell you is Damage and SP Gain has been increased. It also seems like Stamina Recovery hasn't changed either. Juny did mention it in his stream but since the majority of his viewers are Korean he speaks mainly in Korean so it's hard sometimes to spot any english questions. I try to help him with that on both his Youtube and Twitch channels when possible though. Do keep in mind this is rough translated information as I always like to say xD

I dunno if it's Onslaught specific or not since I also checked their lastest balance patch where lynn's changes occured (thx to google trad) it's all I know since kr almost never upload video of Glaive Lynn's (except a few ofc)
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Later I asked Juny about this and he said that those changes are specific to onslaught (would be nice if for abyssal arena as well but i doubt it)
    The main idea is to make not detonated sa transferable or something like that can't say for sure because google translate you know...
    http://heroes.nexon.com/News/update/View?page=1&postno=844
  • PhaliantPhaliant
    Oh I see it's mentioned at the bottom of the post.

A shame I don't really care about Onslaught mode then :/
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited October 1, 2018
    I don't know what the actual reasons are. From my standpoint, assuming at the time of Lynn's conception, I wouldn't want a character getting 10 FREE smashes. Sure chain Vella and spear Lann get to hold down smash buttons to dish out endless smashes, but those still take time where you can be interrupted or killed while doing. In the case of Lynn, she would be hypothetically getting 50% to 100% additional smashes for her 5-10 leisurely regular smashes plus a 5-finger. Additionally, if you factor in smash mastery, critical hit damage, and balance as well as the extra Zhen damage, then the damage range across all Swift Assassins might end up being too erratic. Keep in mind Lynn did not have Full Bloom back then, and her only way to correct her normal marks was Divine Spear.

Perhaps the way Swift Assassin works should now change, but I really don't think it's a bug- for the reasons I mentioned and the fact that lots of players have posted about this over the last 3 years including myself on the old forums, but no real answers.
  • PhaliantPhaliant
    Hum, then what she need would be some sort of re-balance (like they did untill Kai years ago).

That way, they could adress issues with her and think of a way to make her "great again" (lol), I mean to make her a place in parties.
  • VladinoVladino
    Lynn is/was considered one of the best dps. I think only when there wasn't feather bug we would be rly able to compare her to other classes and maybe got some re-balance. Havn't seen any glaive lynn solo vid from neam and balor where feather bug isn't used so I wonder if it's doable without it.
  • PhaliantPhaliant
    Hum technically speaking, that "should" be possible to do at least neam w/o (I doubt for Balor) but Lynn in Redeemer doesn't seems to be that great in solo.
    On the ohter side, Lynn's community is nice so maybe a pty of Lynn's could show how they can do in redeemer. (There is Hurk and Fiona 8-man pty recorded for them on youtube)
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Phaliant wrote: »
    make her "great again" (lol), I mean to make her a place in parties.

this is how i see it
    yes Lynn can do great damage we're all agree on that BUT to do equal to let's say spellsword you have to be really really really good meahwhile they can be like ok or maybe just good.
    if we take average Lynn and Arisha (same stats of course) then i woudn't bet on Lynn but in situation best Lynn vs best Arisha i would say Lynn has a lot more chances to succeed because the difference between average Arisha and best Arisha is not that great but between average Lynn and best Lynn it is huge!
    so to utilise her potential it requires great work and even then i would say her damage is still has high variance but in the same time it makes playing her so rewarding.
    and again guys this is just my opinion and it could be wrong.
    ps you can replace Arisha with Miri if you like=)

• PhaliantPhaliant
    Yes I agrre @rondomiza

Indded, Lynn is an highly rewarding char, mastering her is really worth it !

Personally, I noticed that with high skill and a growing add dmg, you'll notice your improvements as opposed to others chars where I felt like doing good however I played.

So yeah, to me Lynn is a great char, I don't doubt it, she just needs more efforts and training than others to reveal her true potential.
  • rondomizarondomiza
    so... another character rebalance
    if anyone is interested in
    http://heroes.nexon.com/News/update/View?page=1&postno=855
    of course no changes for glaive whatsoever=)
    to be honest i don't want (nor expect) them to change her core gameplay but some bugs and hitboxes fixes would be truly appreciated.... oh well next time maybe....=)