[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Spear lann missing promised buff?

CloakshireCloakshire
Vindictus Rep: 4,580
edited September 4, 2018 in Lann
Lann
Common Skills
  • Increased advancement distance in normal attacks

This implies that both swords and spears should have received the movement increase on their normal attacks equally, but after realizing that spears didn't feel like they increased at all, I did a side by side comparison. Notice how I start from the same position on both weapons. Swords travel the distance of 4 posts, while spears only travels the distance of 3. Thoughts?

1. What do you think happened?5 votes
    1. They legit messed up & didn't buff spear's movement.
       20% (1 vote)
    2. Someone messed up the patch notes & this is intended.
       80% (4 votes)

Comments

• AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Spear Lann never got the movement buff atleast judging by the Kr videos that have been uploaded since the balance.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Atherion wrote: »
    Spear Lann never got the movement buff atleast judging by the Kr videos that have been uploaded since the balance.

So what your saying is NA botched the patch notes and put the movement increase under general by mistake?
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited September 14, 2018
    Cloakshire wrote: »

So what your saying is NA botched the patch notes and put the movement increase under general by mistake?

yeah, someone on the forums did a better translation of the KR notes than nexon NA did (it was you, actually lol). the lack of a normal attack distance increase doesn't seem to be too problematic though, since dodge distance has been massively increased and belclaire is now useable on demand with no cooldown. I believe NA patch notes said belclaire damage was decreased, but I haven't done a before/after on it. My overall DPS in solos seems to have gone up substantially from the few ein lacher runs I did today.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited September 14, 2018

yeah, someone on the forums did a better translation of the KR notes than nexon NA did (it was you, actually lol). the lack of a normal attack distance increase doesn't seem to be too problematic though, since dodge distance has been massively increased and belclaire is now useable on demand with no cooldown. I believe NA patch notes said belclaire damage was decreased, but I haven't done a before/after on it. My overall DPS in solos seems to have gone up substantially from the few ein lacher runs I did today.

Yeah, but I don't think NA messed up considering that the distance increase was listed as a general change in the KR patch notes as well. As for belclaire's damage decrease, the way NA worded it was weird. Belclaire was increased from 20% to 30%, but the damage of the attack itself was decreased due to it being usable on demand.
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Vindictus Rep: 740

Yeah, but I don't think NA messed up considering that the distance increase was listed as a general change in the KR patch notes as well. As for belclaire's damage decrease, the way NA worded it was weird. Belclaire was increased from 20% to 30%, but the damage of the attack itself was decreased due to it being usable on demand.

I didn't even notice the blood pact damage increase. Are there any KR comparison videos on normal attacks pre/post balance?
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited September 18, 2018
    I didn't even notice the blood pact damage increase. Are there any KR comparison videos on normal attacks pre/post balance?

I haven't really looked too hard for videos, but in the videos I've seen, most spear lanns aren't winding up normal attacks anymore. They're just using belclaire+glide to start their combos most of the time. Then again, I never looked into it that much.