[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Who heals better in redeemers? Sylas/Staffie?

BigAssTTsBigAssTTs
Vindictus Rep: 1,120
in Sylas
After balancing I saw they fixed Sylas party heal where randomly 3 players get chosen even if a player has full hp, now the skill prioritizes members with the lowest hp. But the skill has a long cooldown, so his more useful heal skill is IMO soul drain, activating every 30 seconds, giving 3 members 6 seconds of succubus fang kind of leeching effect. Is Staffie still superior in the matter of healing a redeemer party? Because I see people asking for Staffies to join in Balor parties even though they already have 1 or 2 Sylas.

I have the feeling Sylas might be better if he spam soul drain as often as possible for an aggressive party. But his soul drain works silently, so other players might not even notice their hp stays high despite being hit occasionally, unless they pay attention to the status bubble and know about Sylas' soul drain at all. But everyone knows about Staffies' heal skills because she's an older char, has visible corona even with turned off visual effect of other players and a loud prompting sound for regeneration.

I'm asking this because I've come to terms with Sylas' low-ish DPS in redeemers and think he is much better off as the last man standing, keeping party's health full kind of guy. I mean to solo 1 bar of Neam's HP, my capped 63 SPD + 2800 ADD LS Fifi needs average 5:20, but my also capped 84 SPD + 4200 ADD Sylas needs 6:20 (I'm fairly good on both chars). Come on, that's just insane DPS difference. (The same thing on some S3 raids too, like Regina, Lugh, Eochaid, Terminus, Aes...)

So I want to practice my Sylas heal timing to contribute more on the party's HP regeneration instead of trying to maybe increase 10% of my DPS with other SP skills. And the +1000 Att. impulse zone is very useful in Balor as well, because most people don't have their Att capped to 33500 without soup+kitty drink, so the timing of using it also needs improvement.

Comments

• AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Evie's still better for healing
    - Regen has a lower cooldown and more healing than Illusion shield (healing also isn't decreased if you get hit)
    - Corona and regen both affect 6 people

That being said, a Sylas can definitely replace an Evie if the Balor party is competent, as long as:
    - The party is aggressive
    - Better if the classes are multi hit (ex: sylas benefits more from soul drain than a scythe evie since his attacks have multiple hits from saw and shards)
    - They aren't getting hit while illusion shield is active

He also has other helpful skills like you said - impulse zone reduces chances of ohko with the damage reduction, gives stam regen, and increased att.

Regardless, I don't think a lot of people really know that sylas has the soul drain thing lul
    BigAssTTs
  • BigAssTTsBigAssTTs
    AngelYukki wrote: »
    Regardless, I don't think a lot of people really know that sylas has the soul drain thing lul

Yeah, with visual effects turned off, I can only see Sylas doing the skill animation, and notice the status bubble. Because I play Sylas so I know now is the time to spam low dmg, high frequency combos to recover HP. With good timing I can get 2000+ HP even on a slow LS Fiona. But as you said, people who don't play Sylas don't necessarily notice this and miss the chance to recover more HP.

Maybe they should improve soul drain's sound effect sometime later to make it more prominent to affected players.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Bubble? He has the red "smoky" aura on himself and those who get his damage-to-healing. The bubble is the auto heal. Unless I'm misunderstanding how you're putting it.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Bubble? He has the red "smoky" aura on himself and those who get his damage-to-healing. The bubble is the auto heal. Unless I'm misunderstanding how you're putting it.

Most people know about his bubble heal (auto heal) but not a lot of people know about the soul drain buff that he can give to 4 people. Doesn't help that it's not super noticeable (brief red AOE and the only visual on their character is an effect similar to succubus fang).
  • BigAssTTsBigAssTTs

Oh sorry, I meant the status icon for buffs/debuffs/CDs, that's almost the only way to know you got the soul drain beside seeing your HP grow with each hit. I don't even hear the "ping" sound when another Sylas does soul drain and I get the buff.