[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Worst Character for Balor?

Comments

• EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    Puppyman wrote: »
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »
    Worst for survival: Classes without block or 2 second long dodge chain like battleshade Lynn are pretty bad there.

Iunno, I find Blute Lynn to be absurdly easy to survive with given the ginormous generosity of Acrobats ability and her self healing. If anything I find her to be among the easier to Balor with given it's just acrobat -> hit, 75% of the time.

Then again, i'm, I'd say, at least decent at blute

I think he meant that blute has a 2 second dodge chain making it super easy not that blute is hard.
  • blue_favouriteblue_favourite
    Vindictus Rep: 330
    edited August 31, 2018
    Worst for survival: Classes without block or 2 second long dodge chain like battleshade Lynn are pretty bad there.

Iunno, I find Blute Lynn to be absurdly easy to survive with given the ginormous generosity of Acrobats ability and her self healing. If anything I find her to be among the easier to Balor with given it's just acrobat -> hit, 75% of the time.

I agree with you

Emerthyst wrote: »

I think he meant that blute has a 2 second dodge chain making it super easy not that blute is hard.

I disagree with you... dodge for chain it's no easy
  • blue_favouriteblue_favourite
    Vindictus Rep: 330
    edited August 31, 2018
    sry double post
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Spear lann, like it's been for a long time now.
  • LillieVirideLillieViride
    Vindictus Rep: 1,095
    edited September 1, 2018
    Blute isn't the best simply because of how short the i-frames are on her standard dodges, which you do have to use at times for the multi trail attack etc. It's worth mentioning that without the stam regen from spiked ferrule the healing is made worthless in last phase if you're getting hit too. Still soaring is pretty good here.

So far I've found Miri to be not great due to how much Balor loves to spin around you when close with the one-shot. Makes positioning the parry really hard, so most Miris I've seen just run the hell away like with staffie/scythie (except without scorching streak she is pretty slow). I'd imagine any characters with long distance dodges and no long-proc block like Sylas might be a little tricky too.
  • clearcutclearcut
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    edited September 1, 2018
    Blute isn't the best simply because of how short the i-frames are on her standard dodges, which you do have to use at times for the multi trail attack etc. It's worth mentioning that without the stam regen from spiked ferrule the healing is made worthless in last phase if you're getting hit too. Still soaring is pretty good here.

So far I've found Miri to be not great due to how much Balor loves to spin around you when close with the one-shot. Makes positioning the parry really hard, so most Miris I've seen just run the hell away like with staffie/scythie (except without scorching streak she is pretty slow). I'd imagine any characters with long distance dodges and no long-proc block like Sylas might be a little tricky too.

.. You can't be serious.

Blute Lynn is one of the best for Balor. Has multiple dodging options, tab dodge is downright amazing, she can also counter attack during some of his combos. She also has a good heal to fall back on to top it all off. Almost every Blute I've seen in Balor does really well, so I really have no idea where you got that notion, she can easily deal with any of his onslaughts.

Miri has one of longest invincible frames in her normal dodge, and a good counter move to back it up which can also be chained. She also has tab dodge for emergency situations, or when its viable to use 1 meter on. A lot of the Miri face plant in Balor because she is very braindead to play anywhere besides Balor, where you actually need to counter/dodge or die. If you want to see a good miri in action keep your eyes out for Satisfactory.

Sylas dodge while isn't the best, its still far superior to what Kai or Lann have. Not to mention has an amazing healing buff to sustain survivability.

All 3 of these chars are good-to-amazing in Balor, it isn't really up for debate.
  • LillieVirideLillieViride
    Vindictus Rep: 1,095
    clearcut wrote: »
    .. You can't be serious.

Blute Lynn is one of the best for Balor. Has multiple dodging options, tab dodge is downright amazing, she can also counter attack during some of his combos. She also has a good heal to fall back on to top it all off. Almost every Blute I've seen in Balor does really well, so I really have no idea where you got that notion, she can easily deal with any of his onslaughts.

Miri has one of longest invincible frames in her normal dodge, and a good counter move to back it up which can also be chained. She also has tab dodge for emergency situations, or when its viable to use 1 meter on. A lot of the Miri face plant in Balor because she is very braindead to play anywhere besides Balor, where you actually need to counter/dodge or die. If you want to see a good miri in action keep your eyes out for Satisfactory.

Sylas dodge while isn't the best, its still far superior to what Kai or Lann have. Not to mention has an amazing healing buff to sustain survivability.

All 3 of these chars are good-to-amazing in Balor, it isn't really up for debate.

I'm talking about Blute's standard dodges for very certain attacks due to how little i-frames they have. His 2-4 trail attack for example, if dodged with anything but her first dodge directly towards the projectile or soaring, will get you hit. Believe me I know Blute is good in Balor, if it wasn't I wouldn't have beaten the raid with no deaths as much as I have. But I wasn't saying it was bad.

As for Miri's dodge, the reason I don't like it in the one shot is due to the distance that the dodge has when activated. It makes dodging over the centre point of an aoe without hitting it as it expands tricky to say the least, and her parry doesn't allow nearly as much as leg room for positioning/timing as spellsword/Fiona/Delia. Her dps is pretty braindead I agree, but otherwise Miri isn't exactly the easiest character in every fight or something. Not heard of this Miri as I'm on EU.

As for your last point - isn't that the whole point of this discussion? We're here to share our opinions and experiences, not argue with each other.
  • paingamepaingame
    Vindictus Rep: 555
    edited September 2, 2018
    idk man, having to use soaring ballet is not bad. 50 sp get out of jail free card that gives qi and leads up to an attack...
    you can side dodge that too but i guess maybe you're worried about your team or something

btw the point of the discussion is who the worst character is. not defending lynn against being the best
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    For survival, Pillar, CB Vella, and Bow Kai are all pretty garbage.

Damage, probably both Lanns with subpar crit along with Bow and Pilllar as well.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Atherion wrote: »
    Damage, probably both Lanns with subpar crit along with Bow and Pilllar as well.

Agreed. I struggled so hard on day one against him because my crit was low. Not being able reliably glide really hurts our mobility and DPS. Raised my crit by about 20, and now I'm faring much better (in both survivability and DPS).
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Haven't tried Blute but it seems ok?
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    General consensus from the people I've spoken to is that Blute is a great weapon in Balor. One of the highest damage potential in the raid along with great survival due to her long frames and heal.