[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Main Story Summary

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited July 1, 2018
    Aidan episode:

Given the Royal Army and Pontiff Court conflict, entire town (we, royal army and townfolks) moved north, heading towards the Glass Tower (Cichol's place) in the far north. We are in travel for some time and got stuck in snowstorm. Brynn notices something:
    Brynn wrote:
    I left a mark for myself on a hill we passed yesterday. We passed that mark again just now. No matter how far we go, we'll end up in the same place.
    Meanwhile Royal Army scouts are back and report that they found an abandoned Fomorian fortress nearby. The lord decides to investigate to take cover from the snowstorm, rest, and prepare to defend against Pontiff army if needed.
    Brynn wrote:
    Can you sense it? The appearance is of a fortress... But magically, it cannot exist. The fortress and the snowstorm are both unnatural occurrences in our world. Completely out of place. I can tell they were unstuck in time, brought forward from a point hundreds... no, thousands of years ago. It's like necromancy, except practiced on an entire section of the world itself. And it's clean work, completely stable and functional. Only the gods themselves are capable of such feats.

There are plenty of details once we get inside and investigate, but since it's summary - I'll try keep it quick.

Cichol wants us to discover the truth ourselves, so we (the hero) have choice, rather than blindly follow what we were told. In each region of the fortress we see imitations of the past - dialogs of Cichol and Morrighan from thousands of years before. From both imitations and events to follow, we learn following:
    • The cycle of imprisoning Elchulus was already a thing. Each time it happened (in other words - history repeated itself), the dragon grew stronger. Some started following Elchulus as The Fomorian God instead of Cichol, which also explains why he's called this way at times. Afraid of what he may become, Cichol and Morrighan decided to add the hero to the book of destiny, to help fighting him.

• They erased all traces (including everyone's memories) about the war of the past, about the fortress and even Elchulus himself, as fear of him also makes him stronger.
      Morrighan wrote:
      Should we not take action now, before it is too late? Already I fear for the next cycle... What will the mortals think when they see these ruins? They will fear Elchulus, and the reflections will make him stronger. This has become a vicious cycle that favors evil. We must act!

• Aidan - once a great city, it has felt pray to the war and greed, which eventually got physical form of a beast. Living beings that get affected by greed stay in the place forever. This happened to the Royal Army units (including the Lord and Riordian themselves) that accompanied us to further investigation of the fortress, looking for Enok. To lift the curse - we had to defeat the beast. Ps. This time it was Spinos, pretending to be Enok.

• There's also plenty of talk about "reflections". Given Neamhain battle is named "Sea of Reflection", it's probably another dimension where all the horrible things are hidden from the world.

• We also learn that it's Morrighan responsible for bringing Paradise of Oblivion - the thing that causes everyone forget things, even loved ones who died, so there's no sorrow. Muir admits she told them (him, and some others back in the time) something else - that she lied.
      Cichol wrote:
      If death is forgotten... If this city is forgotten... Then this war would be forgotten as well.
      Morrighan wrote:
      Yes, and Elchulus will be forgotten.
      Cichol wrote:
      But Morrighan, forgetting would not stop it from existing. Those reflections would return, in time. And when they do, your perfect world would be ruined.
      Morrighan wrote:
      We only need a place to gather the lost reflections. I believe she would help us with this.
      Cichol wrote:
      The god of Neimheadh? But Morrighan... You know as well as I that there is no perfect seal. So dramatic a change would hasten the final cycle. Is that truly what's best for this world?
      Morrighan wrote:
      I know in my heart that it is. I will sacrifice everything I am to bring about a perfect world.
      Cichol wrote:
      So be it. Let it be written in the Book of Destiny.
      Cichol wrote:
      You wish to end the cycle entirely?
      Morrighan wrote:
      Think about it. Consider all the sorrow, despair, pain, destruction, and death. Without those to feed on, Elchulus will grow weak.
      Cichol wrote:
      So you would stop the creation of all reflections? How is that even possible?
      Morrighan wrote:
      With a new world. One where reflections are forgotten. A world without fear, hunger, or pain. A perfect world. A Paradise of Oblivion.

The following dialog between the hero (player) and Cichol summarizes it nicely, and gives hint what's to come:
    Cichol wrote:
    The projections you saw are from thousands of years ago. They capture the moment Morrighan and I altered fate itself. Together we wrote oblivion into the Book of Destiny, and brought a wave of oblivion to cleanse the world. But our paradise was that in name alone.
    Player wrote:
    Oblivion?
    Cichol wrote:
    Did you think this a simple curse? A magician's trick? The hero fights to prevent from everything being forgotten. And their reward is to be forgotten themselves. Do you understand the depths of this deception? The gods told the hero to stop oblivion. But oblivion is a blindfold created by the gods.
    Player wrote:
    Why?
    Cichol wrote:
    To hide the true form of this world. Tell me, what happens if Elchulus is not sealed again? Do you think the reflections will tear it all apart? Oh, if it were only so simple. This world is fading because Erinn is coming. The arrival of Erinn is the true end of all things. It is because the second moon rises...
    Player wrote:
    Moons?
    Cichol wrote:
    The two moons that rise when Erinn arrives. Ladeca and Eweca. That is what the gods fear the most. And you will behold it yourself, in time.
    That's sneak-peak for the next Redeemer, which should arrive next patch.
    MiraakDaimusMerchelletestll9902
  • MerchelleMerchelle
    Vindictus Rep: 305
    This story was last for more than 7 years ,some parts are kinda blury for me. thanks for this post to keep things together!

correct me if I am wrong:

season 1 and 2 are basicly happening simultaneously? provide some back up story for each other? and season 3 is continue after season 1?

and what is milo and iset doing together? revive his sister? and what is the role of milo interactive with the main storyline of Keaghan and Tieve?

testll9902
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited August 29, 2018
    From my understanding (I could be wrong too) season 1 and 2 aren't happening simultaneously, we're traveling back in time/reality is being altered and this is confirmed by the cut scene after season 1. The theory that season 1 and 2 are happening simultaneously came from something a previous director said, it may have been they changed their mind on the direction the story would take later, or it could've been a mistranslation, or it could've been intentional misdirection through wording by the director. But the timeline is Season1 -> Season 2 -> Season 3.

Milo is now the King of Errin, I got the impression that Iset and Milo are traveling together because they're friends and they see that there's something strange happening in the world and are out to fix it.
    Merchelletestll9902
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Merchelle wrote: »
    season 1 and 2 are basicly happening simultaneously? provide some back up story for each other? and season 3 is continue after season 1?
    Originally it seemed like in Season 2 we are another mercenary in Season 1, who has chosen different path. Few parts didn't quite fit that theory though.

Much later they added the transition and changed few dialogues to clean this up. After Season 1 finale, which ends up in freeing the god of time, we get to place looking similar to Heide. We can hear some powerful being's voice talking to us, which allows us to get back in time and try to change events by taking a different path. As result, we are back in time to the moment soon after defeating Gnoll Chieftain (the red one) from episode 1. Despite the afford, some things happened either way - they were destined to.

In practice, we get to see explanation behind some events - for example how Seanna ended up in Sewers and why, and learn more on many topics. Anyway, to answer your question - Season 3 takes place after both Season 1 and Season 2 events, because at that point both timelines are merged. People don't necessarily remember everything, thanks to Paradise of Oblivion.
    Merchelle wrote: »
    and what is milo and iset doing together? revive his sister? and what is the role of milo interactive with the main storyline of Keaghan and Tieve?
    Milo is seeking to help his sister, and Iset is just assisting him, since she has nothing to do - her kingdom is long gone. They both have no relation with Keaghan/Cichol and Tieve/Morrighan.
    testll9902
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited June 16, 2020
    Lmao @ evil milo design

Vindictus character arc flowchart:

introduced as good guy? prepare to fight them later

introduced as bad guy? 50/50 they get redemption later

It's trash but it's our trash and we love it.
    testll9902