[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How do some people already have 2000 points?

AozorcianAozorcian
Vindictus Rep: 610
in Off Topic Discussion
How do we even get points? Do we just post and stuff? Also little fun poll to see if getting top post will be a real competition or not.
Milio
  1. Will you grind for that top point spot?24 votes
    1. Yea
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Nah.
       100% (24 votes)

Comments

• DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    The person with the highest point count right now has been using an alt to like their posts.
    I don't think its really anything to bother with or care about. It really means nothing right now.
    MilioBlawrghAndromedaGMOrder5BloodAngelHoshinakiPixelPantsuRoland
  • MilioMilio
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Top rep really doesn't mean too much. Well, literally means nothing as @Dealer said. I don't expect much people to "grind" for it. Just regulating the forums does enough for you to get rep regardless aha.
  • LoreLesLoreLes
    Vindictus Rep: 900
    Lol I shouldn't be surprised that this is happening, but I am anyways.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Gotta get that top ranking like getting top deeps in raids. Useless but people'll do what they want to do.
  • Riy45Riy45
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    Why do these forums even have reputation systems?
    Is there any benefit?
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Riy45
    Riy45 said:

Why do these forums even have reputation systems?
    Is there any benefit?
    Probably it's a good troll failsafe? If someone trolls a lot they'll most likely have lower reputation than most other posters, and people will know to disregards someones comments about their mother being so fat. +haha
  • TracieTracie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,090
    @Dealer um, isnt that naming names in a round abt way? XD! Seriously tho, using an alt can be tracked? AND I am not sure what the points and badges are all about other than a number to represent ur reputation? Can't seem to find detailed details (could be missing it tho, I am fumbling around atm)
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited October 26, 2016
    Tracie
    Tracie said:

@Dealer um, isnt that naming names in a round abt way? XD! Seriously tho, using an alt can be tracked? AND I am not sure what the points and badges are all about other than a number to represent ur reputation? Can't seem to find detailed details (could be missing it tho, I am fumbling around atm)
    I was going for a we noticed that is happening but in a less serious manner (than a warning or an infraction) since the points don't seem to mean much right now.

Badges are just achievements. There is a list of them, just check my post history and you should find it (can't look it up right now - sorry). They give you points which are just for show.

SaintGuinnessPixelPantsu
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    I was wondering why myself.
    Seems pretty stupid to grind for something like that lol