[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Where is the Tournament Guys ?

KitanoKenKitanoKen
Vindictus Rep: 1,020
in PVP Discussion
0-0 we need that thing to come up lol i wanna see people i know with random names hahaha
Niahsel

Comments

• LaludiaLaludia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    edited October 26, 2016
    can't you just do siege and ffa...
  • KuraiHotaruKuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,435
    but we want sacred weapons so we can reach 35k att !
    Drachus
  • NiahselNiahsel
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    oh right wasn't there supposed to be a new form of pvp that actually gave you great rewards?
  • AuntJEMIMAAAAuntJEMIMAAA
    Vindictus Rep: 735

Get hyped...
    ShizukaaHHHawk90
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    The new tournament mode looks rather confusing. Assuming I'm correct, each round you get a different set of people to play with? I am looking forward to it though.
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    i dont get why EVERY other region has the Tournament including Thailand that is about 12 months behind us and we dont? it makes about as much sense as the Decision to neuter the Smash 1 update for NA/EU.
    Aequipondium
  • ShizukaaShizukaa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Looks interesting :D
  • DisgardDisgard
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    QueenOfMana

The new tournament mode looks rather confusing. Assuming I'm correct, each round you get a different set of people to play with? I am looking forward to it though.
    Yeah, each round (if you survive and your team leader survives), you form random teams. Imagine having Bow Kai and Lynn in your team while the opposing team has CB Vella, Cestus Karok and Hurk. Of course, your nicknames change each round as well.

Rewards are good (especially seals), even though some of them are limited to 7 days.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited November 19, 2016
    Looking at a post on the old forums, looks like there will an additional PvP format. Path PVP - DK vs Paladin. Let me see if I can find that post.

Edit: Winter 2016 Path Combat Update Delayed (Path PvP, Pally vs DK)
    Path update have been delayed due to changes in combat mechanics after S3E2 and map production is taking some time.
  • DantesInfernoDantesInferno
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    I'll make sure to win this on both east and west
  • SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Really excited for this, heard there would be some innate balancing as well. So hopefully a lot of it is dependant on skill. Looking forward to balanced PvP since there isn't much boat PvP going on nowadays. :x
  • DesireOfMineDesireOfMine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,650
    edited December 20, 2016
    Sylarius
    Sylarius said:

Really excited for this, heard there would be some innate balancing as well. So hopefully a lot of it is dependant on skill. Looking forward to balanced PvP since there isn't much boat PvP going on nowadays. :x
    Not much of 'stat balance' to be honest. They will only adjust ATT/DEF values to be equal for everyone (i think it was 18k ATT and 11k DEF), while ATT and DEF are the stats which affect PvP differences the least and are the easiest to get. Crit/resist/etc. will all still be equipment dependent.

If you want to know more about how stats in PvP affect gameplay, you can check my guide video here:

However there will also be some team matchmaking, where for example if you'd have 2x60 2x80 2x90 lvl, it will match teams and give to both of them one of each level (1x60 1x80 1x90), instead of for example 2x90 1x80 vs 2x60 1x80.

The most encouraging part for people would be probably rewards. If you win the tournament, you will get 'sacred' items (they expire after 7 days), which include weapon that has stats like scrolled 90 orange +15 with +10k ATT more, or gloves and shoes with stats of 90 orange +15 as well, which give more crit/res/speed/bal than scrolled 90, and they also give +1500 HP and +40 stamina.