[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Anyone know how to get the Summer Flu title?

ZeroheartZeroheart
Vindictus Rep: 7,740
edited July 16, 2018 in General Discussion
It part of the event but

'Slick as Summer Ice: Used 10 Water Balloons'
'Summer Hydromaniac: Used 100 Water Balloons'

No mention on how to get the Summer flu title and i already seen some people already have the shirt. Nexon is kinda slacking event info lately

Comments

• LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    I simply think it's a mistake by the web news guy.

If you succeed in total water bombing annihilation and manage to destroy the monsters using the water balloons, you will have the chance to receive these titles:

'Slick as Summer Ice: Used 10 Water Balloons'
    'Summer Hydromaniac: Used 100 Water Balloons'

And once you’ve received the ‘Summer Flu’ title, go to the Strange Traveler and receive the cool Marine T-shirt as your reward!

We know that you get the Marine T-shirt once you get the Summer Hydromanic title.

Also it's not listed on title sites either:
    http://titles.vindictusinn.com/event#!/list
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    You also get "Water Balloon Brigade" for defeating 10 enemies using Water Balloons. I'll repeat that you actually have to kill 10 enemies.
  • WilkoWilko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,750
    And there's also "The Oversoaker" for getting 300 Water Balloon kills (discovered at 20 kills). They don't scale with the new Secondary Weapon skill, so it's not any easier than the last time we had water balloons. I think last time we got two types of water balloons a day too.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Wilko wrote: »
    And there's also "The Oversoaker" for getting 300 Water Balloon kills (discovered at 20 kills). They don't scale with the new Secondary Weapon skill, so it's not any easier than the last time we had water balloons. I think last time we got two types of water balloons a day too.

Unfortunately, if you're starting out, that wouldn't be achievable with this event alone since it only lasts 20 days, you can only obtain 10 water balloons each day, and the water balloons can't be traded.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    edited July 18, 2018

"The Oversoaker" title is proving to be a lot harder now. When this title first appear (before the Rise update) it was easier to kill certain enemies with the water balloon. You could target the archers and kill them in two balloons. Now (post-Rise) they don't do enough damage (~150 HP. Even with secondary weapon proficiency maxed it doesnt change the multiplier like it does for other secondaries). Your better off targeting the spiders. But those buggers are harder to hit. Would probably need about 1000 balloons back-stocked to get this title post-Rise.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    150 dmg seems to perfectly kill wisps in the ainle zone from what I've tried in inter-dimensional invasion and blood prince when i was farming the doll event item
    LoLoBooty
  • WilkoWilko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,750
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    "The Oversoaker" title is proving to be a lot harder now. When this title first appear (before the Rise update) it was easier to kill certain enemies with the water balloon. You could target the archers and kill them in two balloons. Now (post-Rise) they don't do enough damage (~150 HP. Even with secondary weapon proficiency maxed it doesnt change the multiplier like it does for other secondaries). Your better off targeting the spiders. But those buggers are harder to hit. Would probably need about 1000 balloons back-stocked to get this title post-Rise.

Disregarding that there isn't nearly enough being given out during the event, I've been trying to only do last hits with the water balloons as anything that's not a kill is a waste. For kobold archers I grab them and smack them once before letting them go and throwing a balloon. For regular kobolds and icedredges, I count the damage from attacks. Cave wisps in HH have too much HP but, as Emerthyst says, Ainle's regular wisps can be one shot.

When the water balloons were first given out in decent numbers and you could bring Normal difficulty amounts of secondary weapons, I'd take my time aiming at the starting spiders in Lionotus. Now it's not worth it.
    LoLoBooty
  • ElynsaElynsa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,565
    edited July 18, 2018
    LoLoBooty wrote: »

How I got the first 10 easily is I actually just use low level gear and my gnoll pet. I got the boss to about half a bar and let my gnoll pet have at him. Because pets can't deal the finishing blow it leaves the boss with a sliver of health and then I just balloon it. I was too lazy to run through full areas so I just did ex-raids, but I think it works for normal battles as well.
    LoLoBooty
  • TirinTirin
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    So I got the Summer Hydromaniac title but the quest still isnt completed for me?
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Tirin wrote: »
    So I got the Summer Hydromaniac title but the quest still isnt completed for me?

I think it's glitched. I didn't get it at first too but the next day I got the shirt.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    edited July 21, 2018
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    150 dmg seems to perfectly kill wisps in the ainle zone from what I've tried in inter-dimensional invasion and blood prince when i was farming the doll event item

I found a great map to do is Ulchas's Relic. In the first room you get 3 wisps. After clearing that room and head down the path you can go up a ladder and kill another 3 wisps. Thank you Emer!
    Disregarding that there isn't nearly enough being given out during the event, I've been trying to only do last hits with the water balloons as anything that's not a kill is a waste. For kobold archers I grab them and smack them once before letting them go and throwing a balloon. For regular kobolds and icedredges, I count the damage from attacks. Cave wisps in HH have too much HP but, as Emerthyst says, Ainle's regular wisps can be one shot.

When the water balloons were first given out in decent numbers and you could bring Normal difficulty amounts of secondary weapons, I'd take my time aiming at the starting spiders in Lionotus. Now it's not worth it.

It's funny that you can kill the wisps in Ainle with 1 shot but not in HH. Post rise they buffed most enemies to match the new damage system but it looks like they overlooked these Ainle wisps.

Annoying that these balloons are capped at 5 per run. Back in the day when you could bring 14 on easy mode...
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    Anyone noticed you're getting 1 Nautical T-Shirt everyday after you get your Summer Hydromaniac title?
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    edited July 27, 2018
    Everyone does.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    lol they didnt put anything to stop cat man from giving you more t shirts everyday. I guess shirts for everyone even the alts there's no trade restriction either
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    lol they didnt put anything to stop cat man from giving you more t shirts everyday. I guess shirts for everyone even the alts there's no trade restriction either

Free t-shirts. I'm alright with that
  • Mluvici_ParekMluvici_Parek
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    I have summer hydromaniac title but i didn't get any shirt... why