[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

HELP: Problem hosting normal dungeons

SerikaSerika
Vindictus Rep: 610
edited July 14, 2018 in General Discussion
Normally my hosts are stable and good during raids, but when it comes to dungeons, my mates always drop to 1 bar.
Someone told me it could be a graphic problem and i should lower something, don't know what precisely, cause I got a gtx 1070ti and a z370 Mothercard and it's kinda weird.
Is it the internet or the graphics? Can someone help me?

Comments

• RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    It shouldn't be a graphics problem since rendering is done in parallel. Either something uses your CPU or your network bandwidth, or sometimes the disk. First check in the task manager if a process beside Vindictus uses more CPU, network or disk bandwith than it should.
    Serika
  • SerikaSerika
    It shouldn't be a graphics problem since rendering is done in parallel. Either something uses your CPU or your network bandwidth, or sometimes the disk. First check in the task manager if a process beside Vindictus uses more CPU, network or disk bandwith than it should.

I checked but every process active doesn't consume CPU at all, just Vindictus when it's open +sigh
    Serika wrote: »

I checked but every process active doesn't consume CPU at all, just Vindictus when it's open +sigh

Then multi-processing doesn't work properly in the game.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Did this problem begin occurring after a specific event like a windows update, or the game updating?

Or is this a persistent issue that you've always had?
  • SerikaSerika
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Did this problem begin occurring after a specific event like a windows update, or the game updating?

Maybe the first one, I don't remember I had this type of problem at first when I bought the new PC
  • SerikaSerika
    Okay guys I think I've figured it out.
    When it comes to the boss room, the host gets fixed and it's stable, it drops to 1 bar every time we fight normal monters.

Should I lower the graphics or is it a upload problem from internet? (Mine has low upload atm, gonna change company next month)
    edited July 15, 2018

Maybe the first one, I don't remember I had this type of problem at first when I bought the new PC

If you could host raids normally, and only the normal dungeons were affected, then i'm sure it's the game's fault. Your mates would have 1 bar at raids too if it was due to an OS update.

However, if Windows is updating in the background while you are hosting, that Windows loves doing, then it can slow down the network performance drastically. So check the process usages when you host a dungeon and your mates have 1 bar, and you will find out what the source of the problem is.
    When it comes to the boss room, the host gets fixed and it's stable, it drops to 1 bar every time we fight normal monters.

Should I lower the graphics or is it a upload problem from internet? (Mine has low upload atm, gonna change company next month)

That's totally normal. When normal monsters get spawned, i also experience a performance drop. It's because the game is not well-optimized.
  • CloakshireCloakshire

When you fight normal monsters you say? Is this only when there are numerous monsters around or does this still happen if there's just one? The only reason I ask is that when I played on my old PC, my hosting performance went down when there were a lot of entities on screen as opposed to just one boss. This leads me to my second question, but what's your current PC's main specs? CPU/Graphics?
  • SerikaSerika

When you fight normal monsters you say? Is this only when there are numerous monsters around or does this still happen if there's just one? The only reason I ask is that when I played on my old PC, my hosting performance went down when there were a lot of entities on screen as opposed to just one boss. This leads me to my second question, but what's your current PC's main specs? CPU/Graphics?

Sorry was away.
    Btw CPU is an i5 8400 2,80 GHz, Graphic is a Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti

It shouldn't be a problem hosting normal dungeons, but it seems it is.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited July 24, 2018
    Sorry was away.

Nah, your PC's specs are pretty much on par with mine (AMD 2700X and 1070 TI), and I can host normal dungeons no problem.

Just so we're 100% sure that it's not your pc, try setting your in-game settings to match what I use here. If doing this does not resolve the problem, then I'm concluding that your issue is network related.

USNUbrP.png

I do have another additional question for you regarding your hosting. You said your "mates" drop down to 1bar when you do normal dungeons. I'm assuming your referring to friends when you say mates. This creates the impression that the same people that have a good connection during raids drop down to 1bar for normal fights. Is this correct, or are you using the word mates generically to refer to all party members? Like if you invited me to a raid and then a normal dungeon after, you're saying I should have 1bar right? I'm quite curious to test this. If you can, add me in game and we can try. My IGN is Siax.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    edited July 24, 2018
    Running an i5 8600k which should be really close to yours even though I'm running a higher clock. As far as I know GPU won't help with connection stability. Hosting over a wired connection seems fine for me, but what my guildies told me is to disable Texture Streaming as host so you can try that.
  • SerikaSerika
    edited July 26, 2018
    Sorry was away.

Nah, your PC's specs are pretty much on par with mine (AMD 2700X and 1070 TI), and I can host normal dungeons no problem.

Just so we're 100% sure that it's not your pc, try setting your in-game settings to match what I use here. If doing this does not resolve the problem, then I'm concluding that your issue is network related.

USNUbrP.png

I do have another additional question for you regarding your hosting. You said your "mates" drop down to 1bar when you do normal dungeons. I'm assuming your referring to friends when you say mates. This creates the impression that the same people that have a good connection during raids drop down to 1bar for normal fights. Is this correct, or are you using the word mates generically to refer to all party members? Like if you invited me to a raid and then a normal dungeon after, you're saying I should have 1bar right? I'm quite curious to test this. If you can, add me in game and we can try. My IGN is Siax.

Thank you, I'll try tomorrow with theese options

Anyway, when I say "mates" I mean my party members who join my host. They drop to 1 bar just in normal dungeons, but when it comes to raids, everything is fine, their net bar is always stable (except the times when they have network problems)
  • SerikaSerika

Aight I tried but it give me the same problem.
    I guess it's just a network problem, maybe cause of the upload (it's very low)
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited July 28, 2018
    Aight I tried but it give me the same problem.
    I guess it's just a network problem, maybe cause of the upload (it's very low)

What's your upload speed?