[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why does gear break easily sometimes?

SerikaSerika
Vindictus Rep: 610
in General Discussion
I may know the answer but I'm not sure if it's that or not.

When I face bosses sometimes happens that my equipment breaks faster than usual. Is it because the boss hit me with a critical strike? Does critical resitance help to prevent armor breaking during battles? Or is the armor durability (the higher it is the lower are the chances to break in dungeons)?

Comments

• EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    yes, you want to rack up critical resistence. Getting crit'd means one of your armors will break.
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Higher max durability (0-99 is set to 100) also is harder to break from attacks.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    I also find the actual damage number you take influences how much armor damage you take. Since changing from lv90 gear to lv95 gear ive noticed my armor barely breaks at all now in dullahan while before my 90 stuff would break cuz of the large amounts of damage i would take from lower def (like 3-4k hp dmg per hit)
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    As one who likes soloing the underground assembly raid, I noticed that it's RNG. Even with high critical resist, bosses (and players) will always have atleast 3% chance to crit you, and when they deal that crit a piece of your armor breaks.
    Also the campfire buff (even the non-guild version) makes your armor virtually impossible to break without recieveing critical hits, which offers max protection when pairing it with high crit res.
  • SerikaSerika
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    Thank you guys, very helpful! +yay