[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why do we still have the IP Region Block?

AkakashiAkakashi
Vindictus Rep: 730
in General Discussion
aoy6jXW.png

What was the point of a Server Merge if the game still has an IP Region Block?

Can you imagine how many players would flow into our servers if they removed this?

Players from South America - Mexico/Brazil would flood our servers and bring life back into this game.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that more players means more profits.

Nexon wouldn't even have to spend money to market, advertise, and promote their game. There has always been numerous players from various regions desperately trying to get their foot through the door.

Instead of waiting for NA and EU Servers to die or risk more money to open a new South/Central America Server, why not remove the IP Region Block and let new players in so they can save Vindictus?

Question:

So if the servers were stable enough to support players in multiple regions like Central and South America:

SomeguywashereBabyDani
  1. Would you be opposed to the removal of the IP Region Block?29 votes
    1. Yes
       31% (9 votes)
    2. No
       69% (20 votes)

Comments

• DIN0DIN0
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    This IP block is something I never understand the purpose except less players being able to play.

Either way there are few players I know in game from other countries that are using fake IP to bypass.
    Someguywashere
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    DIN0 wrote: »
    This IP block is something I never understand the purpose except less players being able to play.

Either way there are few players I know in game from other countries that are using fake IP to bypass.

I always thought it might've been because the fact Vindi uses p2p hosting, and that would mean alot of "dammit go away foreign people you keep lagging me", or "give us a way to filter foreign hosts" or things like that. I'm also guessing it might be because of Nexon's cyber security policy as well. Like perhaps filtering these countries is a way to put less pressure on them and having to deal with other countries laws, or perhaps they find that the majority of cyber security attacks are from outside countries based on in house statistics. Just some of my guesses that might make a little sense to me.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    Almost. Nexon is a Game Distributing Company, they buy the rights to publish the game to certain regions. You'll need both Nexon and its developer devCat to both agree for other regions to be allowed.
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    i know games like warframe doesnt matter where you live you can all play together nexon devcat whoever needs to copy them it would open the game up so much and bring it all kinds of new ppl
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    What Yagamin said. Nexon is publisher and have to buy license from DevCat where the game can be played from.
  • WiIliamWiIliam
    Vindictus Rep: 935
    It's the same reason why Cartman wouldn't let anyone into his amusement park:

Sorry I think I voted yes on accident; I misread the question.

So No, I would not be opposed to the removal of the IP Region Block.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    SirRFI wrote: »
    What Yagamin said. Nexon is publisher and have to buy license from DevCat where the game can be played from.

That's not really the issue. DevCat is under Nexon's umbrella, so it's not the interaction of the two causing the problem. Nexon has to be licensed to operate in the regions that they're in, and in some cases over recent years for one reason or another that process has gotten to where it's not worth the cost in some locations. If you go back to the threads from Nexon NA themselves they explain that they did so for those reasons in some cases, and in others because they weren't allowed to renew the licenses.

As to South America, that's always been because of latency. Still, I don't understand why they don't implement systems like those in Warframe that allow people to set ping limits so they simply won't be grouped with those who are too far away. It would still let other regions play the game and play with those who are near them.
  • GoatanksGoatanks
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    I wouldn't mind if this was removed; it might even bring more life back into this game. Maybe even divide each number of channels by region or so; NA definitely does not need all 200 channels.