[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Someone called me by my login username. How?

m82a1EVIEm82a1EVIE
Vindictus Rep: 500
Posts: 12
Member
in General Discussion
My email for games accounts is different from my personal (real) username. Moreover, my char name there is no relation with the two other names.

Today, someone greeted me with my login username, so I just type +hello.

I'm a bit paranoid about this because I use this email only for games and never tell this for anyone. I will change both passwords, but how it is possible?

I am using the nexon launcher.

Comments

  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,070
    Posts: 669
    Member
    Easy there John, maybe it was coincidence, it happens. maybe your in game name is somewhat close to your email. Also we are out of milk, please buy some. I left money on your nightstand.
    m82a1EVIEOrder5YagaminKenshinXDrachusSir_Render
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Posts: 625
    Member
    Maybe you use your username as your forum name, or you use it somewhere else, and you posted a screenshot of your character or your ign directly with it, so they could identify you. It happens.
    m82a1EVIE
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Posts: 935
    Member
    If you told other people, then it's clear that there's an information leak. Find the mole, and purge it vindictively.
    Sir_Render
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    Posts: 266
    Member
    Is it Dave or David?
    DrachusSir_Renderm82a1EVIE
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    Posts: 131
    Member
    edited June 19, 2018
    m82a1EVIE wrote: »
    My email for games accounts is different from my personal (real) username. Moreover, my char name there is no relation with the two other names.

    Today, someone greeted me with my login username, so I just type +hello.

    I'm a bit paranoid about this because I use this email only for games and never tell this for anyone. I will change both passwords, but how it is possible?

    I am using the nexon launcher.

    When you take a screenshot,your computer UserName appears in the general chat box
    Drachus
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    Posts: 266
    Member
    Tradespot wrote: »
    When you take a screenshot,your computer UserName appears in the general chat box

    This is how I came up with Dave or David, was going to have him confirm and be amazed first :P
  • uncledolanuncledolan
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Posts: 35
    Member
    is he/she Chinese???
  • m82a1EVIEm82a1EVIE
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    Posts: 12
    Member
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    Easy there John, maybe it was coincidence, it happens. maybe your in game name is somewhat close to your email. Also we are out of milk, please buy some. I left money on your nightstand.
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Is it Dave or David?
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Tradespot wrote: »
    When you take a screenshot,your computer UserName appears in the general chat box

    This is how I came up with Dave or David, was going to have him confirm and be amazed first :P


    Incredibly, no.

    My login is totally unrelated to my pc name (z8dav), discord (moito), character name (m82a1) neither other platafforms.
    It is exclusive to my accont and it is case-sensitive.

    The person who speaks it is not chinese.

    Anyway, the mystery persists, but I've already changed my passwords and nothing has happened to my account.

    Thank you all for your attention.




  • XXlockdownXXXXlockdownXX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Posts: 49
    Member
    HangeZoe
  • HangeZoeHangeZoe
    Vindictus Rep: 2,255
    Posts: 100
    Member

    Thank you. You have saved me.