[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is equipment breaking when enchanting still in?

MetaMeta
Vindictus Rep: 855
edited June 18, 2018 in General Discussion
I love the gameplay and played it for years but eventually the chances of my equipment breaking wore me down and it's the main reason I left Vindictus. Did they change anything to stop that?

If not I saw something in the Future Content forum http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/14465/new-raid-level-100-and-more and this section said,
Image 8
First, to remove the burden of enhancing, if a specific item fails to enhance, players will be given bonus success chances for each fails.
Also, if an item fails to enhance multiple times in a row, players will be granted 100% success chance.
This will be true for equipments until +15.

Does this means equipment does break or not?

Comments

• KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    enCHANTING as in scrolling equipment will not break if fail unless the scroll is rank 7 or 6.

enHANCING as in upgrading the enhance level of your equipment is the same as always, no break untill +8, afterwards it will break upon enhancement failure. The system in the level 100 update will make it so that you can enhance revived equipment using a certain material which we don't know much about yet. However as long as you have that material you can enhance your equipment as much as you like untill +15, the success chance even increases as you fail. After +15 it will not be possible to keep enhancing your revived equipment however.
    Meta
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    However, you can safely enchant using rank 7 & 6 scrolls if you craft one by combining 4 scraps of the same scroll.

4 Echoing Enchant scroll scraps = 1 Echoing Enchant Scroll with a 100% success rate (No risk of breaking)
    Meta
  • MetaMeta
    Vindictus Rep: 855
    edited June 18, 2018
    KenshinX wrote: »
    enCHANTING as in scrolling equipment will not break if fail unless the scroll is rank 7 or 6.

enHANCING as in upgrading the enhance level of your equipment is the same as always, no break untill +8, afterwards it will break upon enhancement failure. The system in the level 100 update will make it so that you can enhance revived equipment using a certain material which we don't know much about yet. However as long as you have that material you can enhance your equipment as much as you like untill +15, the success chance even increases as you fail. After +15 it will not be possible to keep enhancing your revived equipment however.

Thanks for the clarification, it shows how long its been XD Yea mainly enhancing but the enchanting is just as bad since I don't like any equipment breaking or at least the main gear like weapon and armor. Guess I'll wait until the new system is in play but the breaking still irks me especially after playing Blade and Soul and Tera which have no equipment breaking. BNS I mainly play now. I play some Black Desert too and the only thing that breaks are the accessories which is the most I'll tolerate
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Enchant = scrolls, Brynn
    Enhance = plusing, Ferghus

In addition to what was said, you may be interested in more:
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/10814/enchant
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/10979/enhancement/p1