[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Does Everyone Deserve A Second Chance?

GoatanksGoatanks
Vindictus Rep: 1,060
edited June 13, 2018 in General Discussion
Anyone can change, especially if you brainwash or bribe them into becoming a better person.

What really constitutes a permanent ban? Sure maybe they hacked several accounts, sold tons of gold, and modded da hell outta dis game. But that was years ago; they've learned their lessons.

When the government gets hacked, they don't just throw these people in jail - they hire them and learn about the weaknesses in their infrastructure to prevent future cyber-attacks and threats. Nexon could do something similar:

Why not give Permanent Banned Players a second chance and let them have the opportunity to change? They could be placed on a temporary banned status, where Nexon can ask them a series of questions on why they deserve a second chance. During this time period, Nexon would evaluate these players and make them take tests on things like the Codes of Conduct and NEXON'S TERMS OF SERVICE AND END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT.

After they've passed the tests, questions, and evaluations, place them on a temporary probation period with restrictions such as a 90 Day Mute or 180 Day Revoked Mail Privileges. With the proper discipline, Nexon can rehabilitate these players, remove restrictions, and let them start over.

Maybe Nexon could even hire some of the players who've hacked, modded, or sold gold and set up sting operations to bust entire processes and prevent future cyber-attacks and threats.

It's been 8 years - Please stop holding grudges and forgive your players.

2c6xr5.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  1. Should Permanent Banned Players Be Given A Second Chance?27 votes
    1. Yes
       33% (9 votes)
    2. Um No?
       67% (18 votes)

Comments

• noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    uh... depends on the offense?

A perma ban isn't a grudge - you weren't banned because you bitchslapped a Nexon employee's mother. Assuming the offense was deserving of a perma ban, and assuming the ban was legitimate and not the result of a false positive, then that player is typically better off staying banned. Permanently.
    Sir_RenderMaryJane
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    Give falsely accused players a second chance.
    DrachusSlothPrincessDIN0JinyieKenshinXuncledolanAnduriBigAssTTsSirRFI
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    I think the government does that under a different mentality though. Also I think at least some of them go to jail first then when they get out people hire them.

But maybe they can do what H1Z1 did and make them do a you tube apology for our entertainment bwahhhahaahahahhaha
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Lmao... gtfo hackers. Stay banned bye
    SuhpremeMaryJaneCreamBigAssTTs
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Lol.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Second chance to scammers , so they can come back and cheat again ? Great idea
    MaryJaneBigAssTTs
  • WiIliamWiIliam
    Vindictus Rep: 935
    edited June 14, 2018
    If the game really is dying, I seriously doubt they would want to come back here. What would be the point?

What are they gonna do? - Hack everyone's account and stop them from playing before the servers shut down?

I'm sure they have better things to do than waste their time on a dying game.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    WiIliam wrote: »
    If the game really is dying, I seriously doubt they would want to come back here. What would be the point?

What are they gonna do? - Hack everyone's account and stop them from playing before the servers shut down?

I'm sure they have better things to do than waste their time on a dying game.

You look more dead and your post then this game >_>
    WiIliam
  • WiIliamWiIliam
    Vindictus Rep: 935
    edited June 16, 2018
    Madcobra wrote: »

You look more dead and your post then this game >_>

I think you meant to say "You and your post look more dead than this game >_>"

What was your intent anyway? ---> If anything you only admitted to the fact that the game is dead.

• DIN0DIN0
    Vindictus Rep: 850

Right.

This thread reminds me of Sanitee...
    uncledolan
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    DIN0 wrote: »

Right.

What was their excuse for booting Sanitee again?
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited June 14, 2018
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    What was their excuse for booting Sanitee again?

She was banned for using vzipflip to datamine encrypted files - or more generally, banned for using vzipflip, period.

I don't necessarily agree with it but if that's Nexon's policy on datamining then I guess it is what it is.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    An interesting topic. First of all, I'm of the same mind as noctred said. Permanent bans are not personal, so grudges are likely irrelevant to lifting bans.

If it's not an IP ban or anything of the sort, then you could just make a new account and justifiably should start over from scratch.
    -Any progress that you made from cheating is no longer really considered progress, so I don't see why you should get your old account back.
    -Additionally, you should see a new account as an opportunity to start with a clean slate. If you are infamous, then the current players base would be the ones holding the grudges, and it becomes discomforting for everyone to play with you. Even from a business perspective it's better not to risk more trouble.
    -Furthermore, if it's been 8 years, there's likely no way to verify or retrieve your account. There's been name purges, launcher updates, server merges, etc...

For any other "more permanent" form of ban, you could try to appeal using examples like Riot Games overturning their ID bans. From my perspective though, overturning bans like these will only result in damage, and if you really want to play a game this badly, then it's completely on you to find a way to play again. If you are suffering from some personal attachment to your account or characters, then I'd let that serve as a constant reminder for the rest of your life.
    MaryJane
  • SansaSansa
    Vindictus Rep: 595
    edited June 15, 2018
    DIN0 wrote: »

Right.

She was recently unbanned, so there is hope for others.. If the reason of ban isn't as severe, I would assume.
    Quite a few players were unbanned in the last two months.

Jaime and Sanitee being the most known cases.
  • MaryJaneMaryJane
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    This is all fine, well, & dandy... but it's time to come down from fantasy land and into real life where at the end of the day, NX is a corporate company whose mission is simple: cut costs & increase profits. They don't have unlimited resources to be interrogating suspected TOS violators or putting them through special training programs. This isn't the CIA lmao.

As for the "falsely accused players", I've never met any in my nearly 6 years of playing. I never broke the TOS, and I also have never been banned. Crazy how that works, right?! The only people I know that were banned did something to get banned. It's really not that complicated.. sorry
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Nexon NA has taken too many chances and disappointing us- oh wrong topic :>
  • LennasLennas
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    edited June 16, 2018
    MaryJane wrote: »
    As for the "falsely accused players", I've never met any in my nearly 6 years of playing. I never broke the TOS, and I also have never been banned. Crazy how that works, right?! The only people I know that were banned did something to get banned. It's really not that complicated.. sorry

In 2013 a bug in one of the patches caused Hard mode runs to be treated as Hero mode, including spawning special enemies and dropping Enchant Scrolls. Anyone who picked up an ES from one of those runs was banned. The issue persisted for months and hundreds of innocent players were banned. It took NX 6 months to 2 years+ to unban those players. Not all accounts affected were unbanned.

In 2014 another bug introduced in a patch caused anyone that hosted Kraken to be banned. Again, the issue persisted for months and many innocent players were slapped with a permaban, taking 6 months to 2 years+ to resolve, and again not all accounts affected were eventually unbanned.

These are just two extreme examples, and while I can't speak for OP's particular scenario, yes people being falsely banned absolutely does happen in this game.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    While the thread's content is written in "general' aspect, it seems to have a particular case or group of cases in mind. I don't know what it is, but if anything - falsely punished players are not uncommon cases. Thing is, I doubt many would be interesting in coming back after such event, unless it lasted short time.
  • LinesiLinesi

I very clearly remember a time (multiple times, actually) where the automated ban system in place at the time banned hundreds of innocent players, and Nexon took up to 2 years to unban those people, and not everyone affected was unbanned.

If I remember correctly, the system was triggered to ban anyone hosting a specific battle quest because of a bug that was rolled out in an update.
  • LinesiLinesi

I very clearly remember a time (multiple times, actually) where the automated ban system in place at the time banned hundreds of innocent players, and Nexon took up to 2 years to unban those people.

If I remember correctly, the first time was a bug introduced in a patch that set all Hard mode battle to Hero mode, and anyone that received an Enchant Scroll from those battles was banned. The second time was anyone hosting Kraken was banned.