[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Glorious Crystal Coupon Amount

vgfan100vgfan100
Vindictus Rep: 2,085
edited June 5, 2018 in General Discussion
Scenario: Let's assume you want a 350-coupon item, and you buy $50 worth of boxes (28 boxes total). In order to get that 350-coupon item, you will need to accept the coupons each time you roll. Assuming that you get lucky and roll 4 coupons per box (but not get a rare item), that's 112 coupons max. Does this mean I have to spend $100+ just to guarantee one item worth 350 or 450 coupons? That seems to be quite a lot for just one item. Am I not understanding something about this box or is my math telling me the truth that this is too much?
  1. What do you think of the amount of coupons to get for the Glorious Crystal Boxes?30 votes
    1. The number of coupons is reasonable.
       7% (2 votes)
    2. The number of coupons is too much.
       83% (25 votes)
    3. I think you're not understanding something about the boxes (Explain in the comments)
       10% (3 votes)

Comments

• GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    You guessed correctly. Which also means if you have the worst RNG known to man and you only get items that exchange for 1 coupon, you would need to buy 350 boxes to get the coupons to buy a 350 coupon item.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited June 5, 2018
    Yeah, it's too much. That said, I don't think anybody should spend money on these boxes hoping to get the rarest items unless they're ready and willing to go all the way for 450 coupons (or 350, if that's what you want) - if you're not willing to do that, you're better off just saving gold and buying them airtight off the MP.

On a positive note, the odds for this particular crystal appear to be magnitudes better than the desert crystal... though that's admittedly anecdotal.

Which also means if you have the worst RNG known to man and you only get items that exchange for 1 coupon, you would need to buy 350 boxes to get the coupons to buy a 350 coupon item.

You'd only need to buy 175 boxes. You get one coupon from every box by default and then you can choose item vs. extra coupons on top of that. So a minimum of 2 coupons per box if you always choose the coupons.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited June 5, 2018
    Nexoff charging ungodly high prices for cosmetics? What a surprise!
    /s
  • GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    noctred wrote: »
    Yeah, it's too much. That said, I don't think anybody should spend money on these boxes hoping to get the rarest items unless they're ready and willing to go all the way for 450 coupons (or 350, if that's what you want) - if you're not willing to do that, you're better off just saving gold and buying them airtight off the MP.

On a positive note, the odds for this particular crystal appear to be magnitudes better than the desert crystal... though that's admittedly anecdotal.

Which also means if you have the worst RNG known to man and you only get items that exchange for 1 coupon, you would need to buy 350 boxes to get the coupons to buy a 350 coupon item.

You'd only need to buy 175 boxes. You get one coupon from every box by default and then you can choose item vs. extra coupons on top of that. So a minimum of 2 coupons per box if you always choose the coupons.

Ah, I forgot about that, haha. Thanks for the correction!
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    and the funny part is, people are stupid enough to buy 400dollar+ worth of gachas for a dead game
    SuhpremeTheBlader12Drachus
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    edited June 5, 2018
    aVdGv5d.gif

The actual funny part is you people (who don't even play the game, just complain) keep fantasizing about the game being dead, it doesn't make enough money, and every-time a sale comes along and people spend money, you call those people stupid for supporting the game.
    Just proves my point of you 3-4 shtposters are just salty ex-players, who can't move on :(

Relax, we can spend the money on our own, don't need your financial ''advice''.

But yeah, otherwise just keep posting? We need our daily dose of cringe and laughter.
    FurielUrcoDIN0VivieHANGxTRAN
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    I dropped $100 and didn't get a single set or wings or really anything aside from dyes
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Saphree wrote: »
    I dropped $100 and didn't get a single set or wings or really anything aside from dyes

#worth! thanks for supporting the game to keep releasing these kinds of gachas <3
    aVdGv5d.gif

The actual funny part is you people (who don't even play the game, just complain) keep fantasizing about the game being dead, it doesn't make enough money, and every-time a sale comes along and people spend money, you call those people stupid for supporting the game.
    Just proves my point of you 3-4 shtposters are just salty ex-players, who can't move on :(

But yeah, otherwise just keep posting? We need our daily dose of cringe and laughter.
    You're welcome my young child, I've moved on a long time ago, sold my accounts for some nice pocket money, Good luck getting a glitchy outfit! I hope that will make you satisfied with the game, fashiondictus afterall, nothing else the game offers nowadays
    DrachusAnduri
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Saphree wrote: »

#worth! thanks for supporting the game to keep releasing these kinds of gachas <3
    aVdGv5d.gif

You're welcome my young child, I've moved on a long time ago, sold my accounts for some nice pocket money, Good luck getting a glitchy outfit! I hope that will make you satisfied with the game, fashiondictus afterall, nothing else the game offers nowadays

Yikes#2
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    and the funny part is, people are stupid enough to buy 400dollar+ worth of gachas for a dead game

ae983dd69a1157ab7f7342a6037b38f10d652402_full.jpg
  • VallarieVallarie
    Vindictus Rep: 900
    What would be reasonable is if we could use the same consolidation prize coupons for future transactions and allow us to buy old stuff. So say I want to buy iset pet which costs let’s say 500 tokens. My condenser coil busts on the HVAC and I need to spend $2000 to repair it and by such only spend $100 on Vindictus. Worse yet, I don’t get lucky and get only 100 tokens; no iset pet. Even comes and goes and now I cannot accrue any more tokens. I’m now 100/500 to get the pet. Now, what I would like to see is next time there’s an event, I would like it to drop the same tokens! No more dark cubes, crystals, inflatable penises -whatever. Same token that will allow me to continue where I left off. That way, if I see a new pet that I like, let’s say neam pet, I already have 100 tokens, instead of bunch of wasted money tokens worth absolutely nothing! Further, I can go back and get that iset pet by buying more gamble boxes and continuing to accrue tokens. I really think this would make more people open their wallets because even if they don’t get what they want a) they won’t feel bad because those tokens can be used later, b) next event I can continue where I left off which will leave users more motivated to spend more. Let’s face it folks, nobody likes to waste money, and the above is a happy medium between “F U gamble boxes I got $#!7 for my money” and “direct buy”.
  • WarellWarell
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Ok so lets say i buy 230 crystals.

Would it be better to:

1 - Alwyas taking coupons, ignoring the gachas.

2 - Try my luck at gachas taking the risk not having enough coupons.

What do you think ? Anybody tried already ?

Please don't start ranting about "ye ye Vindi ded gaem hurr durr kek" because i don't care of what you may think.

I'm only asking what would be the most effective way to get all the items faster.
  • WarellWarell

Would it be better to:

Please don't start ranting about "ye ye Vindi ded gaem hurr durr kek" because i don't care of what you may think.

I'm only asking what would be the most effective way to get most pieces faster.
  • WarellWarell

Would it be better to:

I'm only asking what would be the most effective way to get the rare items.