[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

We can change Vin's fate!

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Lynndictus wrote: »
    To summarize OP is saying to rebuild our community so we can dump more money into this game to keep it alive. However you can't bring new players in if the devs don't listen to feedback so even your veteran players have fed up and quit. Furthermore people won't put money into the game if they feel it is dying and their voice is unheard. At the end of the day this goes back to Nexon not really caring about us (never have, never will).

OP and all of his supporters are free to keep wasting their money on lootboxes in this game. My money will continue to stay in my wallet while you support the Nexon overlords.

You really didn't read the whole thread did you?
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited June 5, 2018
    Do you not want us to spend cash on a server where our feedback is ignored? Do you not want us to turn a blind eye and support a company that doesn't support us? I believe you asked us as a community to do both those things, both of which are foolhardy.

They don't stream their own game anymore, they don't even bother to update us when things like the Screen Shot Contest comes to an end, with timely or accurate patch notes or translations. Why should we give time, money, or energy to that?

If you want supporters who will go along blindly with what you want keep your campaign to your private Discord or the like. If you post here you're going to get feedback from everyone, including those who don't agree with you at all. Supporting the game as is sits right there with the people who continue spending on BDO despite what a mess it's turned into.
    CedricDrachus
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Sometimes I get the feeling that the current cultures changed in a way where we all feel so entitled and have such an adversity to change that when there's something we "don't like" we start failing to see the good that's still there and only focus on the bad. Sometimes it feels to me that it's turning gaming into something else other than fun. If you can't find fun in Vindi at least don't ruin it for us people who still do find fun in it and stop trying to scare away potential players who could possibly find fun in Vindi as well with all your negativity. Come on people
    DancingStar
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    edited June 5, 2018
    Kurs wrote: »
    Sometimes I get the feeling that the current cultures changed in a way where we all feel so entitled and have such an adversity to change that when there's something we "don't like" we start failing to see the good that's still there and only focus on the bad. Sometimes it feels to me that it's turning gaming into something else other than fun. If you can't find fun in Vindi at least don't ruin it for us people who still do find fun in it and stop trying to scare away potential players who could possibly find fun in Vindi as well with all your negativity. Come on people

You're just oblivious to the real world and living in a wonderland, do you really think someone will start playing this sh1t game when there are so many on the market, no one new is gonna start spending hundreds of dollars and countless of hours on a game with 200concurrent players.

If you really care about vindictus and not just the time you spent on the game, you'd be for the idea, of trashing this vindictus and releasing Vindictus 2 with upgraded engine, graphics, gameplay. That would bring new life to the game. It won't for this sad excuse of a game, it's been dropped, and I can't belive you haven't noticed it, I mean just by the lack of events/patch notes should be a clear red sign by now. But hey keep enjoying your "fun", that's why we accept diversitiy nowadays when most are straight up mental issues.
    Someguywashere
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited June 5, 2018

It's a big fun when your characters you put effort in over the years get deleted or your friends you like playing with get blocked from the game. Don't you think people have strong reasons when they point out the bad things? Do you even read their arguments or you just stop at the first negative thing you find insignificant? It's not the bugs that keep people from playing but a lot of things that stacked up for them over the years.

I'm glad you are happy playing with your friends or whatever keeps you playing. You have your reasons and others have theirs. Nobody wants to disillusion you about the game because nobody cares if you like playing. People post on the forums instead of creating support tickets to avoid their opinions from being swept under the rug.

You should be happy because they wouldn't create these posts if they didn't like the game...
    VladinoPrototypemindSomeguywashere
  • Shadowcity2Shadowcity2
    Vindictus Rep: 760
    Honestly, it feels like the way Vindictus evolved has resulted in a game that is fucked on a fundamental level and there is no amount of bandaging that can fix it. I still check the forums every couple of months waiting for the announcement of a Vindictus 2. If I'm understanding correctly, you want us as a community to give money to Nexon for potentially no gain? I don't know how this can be justified when I can spend $10 on another game or real life things. Some people live on less than $10 a week.

I think my friends and family deserve a better game. Frankly, in my opinion recommending Vindictus to someone you care about is almost insulting when there are so many other nicer games on the market such as BDO and BnS, nevermind the giants such as Fortnite, PUBG and LoL. If we look at player count, Vindictus is an objectively bad game. Yes, the combat is nice, but at what cost?

Regarding this sentence:
    If the game dies, you're partially to blame.

I don't recall keeping the game alive as part of the requirements when I installed it. I do blame myself for not liking the game anymore, but that's just personal preference which I think is perfectly fine.

Let's take a look at Dota 2 and how that game earns money. Every year there is a very big tournament called "The International". Months leading to TI, Valve releases tons of cosmetics which when purchased contribute to the prize pool. The cosmetics are released in "Caches". There are ~3 sets of Caches per TI.

http://dota2.prizetrac.kr/international2018

We can see exactly when the Caches were released. What do the Dota 2 Cache purchasers get? Some nice sets for relatively little money. What do Vindictus gachapon purchasers get? A glitchy outfitter for hundreds of dollars. The bang for buck simply isn't as good in my opinion.

My point is, why should I spend money on a game that gives almost nothing back? From my point of view spending money now feels uneasy when the news of the closure of the Japanese server is very difficult to ignore. If Nexon learns of what you're trying to do they won't even bother releasing anything and just laugh their way to the bank.
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    edited June 5, 2018
    Cedric wrote: »
    Lol anyone who think we have any power of keeping the game ongoing is crazy....
    The only thing that can keep the game alive is money profit ..if you think that with these posts or telling your friends to try the game will achieve anything you are crazy again.

Money keep the game alive and to make money you need a game with a better design that vindi has now. The game is far fron what is used to be and if the veterans who love the game so much dont play it anymore you can be sure new player wont do it also simply because the game kinda suks since a "while" and even that impecable combat syatem is turnig slowly into a gear facetank mobs.
    The company killed the game by itself and the choices they made and the fact they refuse to admit and revert the rise uptade changes which were bad from the beginig.

Dont get me wrong i like the game and i would love to see it as it was in the past alive...but i doubt will happen. As i said money keep the games alive and with a bad designed game as vindi is now it wont attract new players. Im sorry but if you think you have any power you are wrong and you basically cant change anything simple as that.

I don't know if you realize u contradicted yourself more times.

You said the community have 0 power on the game and at the same time that only money is what run games...
    Do you think money drop randomly from the sky?

It's the COMMUNITY who charge nx and spend them. By this freaking simple logic (even if i'm not encouraging anyone to spend more) it's quite OBVIOUS that if ppl spend in game, automatically the revenues are bigger enough to make the big heads over there to consider keeping the game up.
    How can ppl not understand such simple point...??

If a game/platform or whatever perform well, money wise, why the heck should be closed anyway no matter what as someone said?
    People who say such thing are the 'crazy ones'. It has literally 0 logic.
    This simple/stupid/so elementar point (it makes me cry and smile thinking some ppl can't get it yet)
    has been recently repeated by a GM in a live support chat.
    He stated that the future of the game DEPEND on how well perform in the next monhts.
    And of course that is related to earnings, and guess who decide how much this game earns?
    Nexon sell the products with their prices and stuff but who actually CASH IN is the COMMUNITY.

- The fact the game is not appealing like once, cause a series of huge bad choices which nx isn't willing to roll back on none of them or plan new intelligent strategies is ANOTHER matter which has NOTHING to do with the fact that the community have power on it or not.

- Whatever game could be even flawless and still if the doesnt' have a "supporting community" could shut down as well.

- The fact the game is old mean nothing as well, just to mention an example maplestory perform quite well for being a crappy platform game for kids(imo) ot because the game itself is better than vindi but because whatever the game looks old or new it's the gameplay which catch most the interest of the players.

So yes the community has an important ROLE in keeping a game alive.

If you don't want to support a game that isn't fun anymore, or for whatever other reason you hope to die fast is just your wish/opinion, but that doesn't change the fact as the OP,me and other ppl here stated, the community CAN strongly influence the life or death of a game.

The fact NX isn't able (with vindi) to spark the interest of their players or ruin the game or have weird selling strategies which repel a lot of potential customers who get scared when they see some high prices or being RNG scams, is ''another matter''.
    Cloakshire
  • CherishedCherished
    Vindictus Rep: 875
    edited June 5, 2018
    I loved this game for years, and it pierces my heart to see the forum dominated by four multi-page doomsday threads.

Personally I stopped playing regularly when I noticed a visible decline in the quality of raid design after Lugh. Then each patch dropped my performance further, eventually to the point where I could no longer host. And long time friends that were fixtures of my Vindictus world stopped logging in. Eventually I stopped spending money at all because it no longer felt like I was getting my value back.

Then Rise hit, and it was all over for me. In an instant I went from having a superpowered character to having a just bleh character. It was demoralizing at a time when I had already lost faith in the game's future. As someone with poor enhancing luck, I always felt like +12 was my comfort zone. With Rise, +12 was now only average. With ATT limit release and the need to remake all my armor for level 95 too, rather than giving me more options to gear up the game instead put more and more demands on me to chase things I had neither the time nor the inclination to get. With the comfort zone lost and all these other demands, for the first time in six years I felt overwhelmed and quit.

Every MMO player is simply a cog in a clock but Nexon/Devcat are an unusually neglectful clockmaker. They don't even check back in from time to time to see if we are ticking. They make changes that indicate they have no market strategy for the game, and push patches full of changes few, if anyone at all, actually want. I'm convinced that after a solid 8 years, Nexon still does not know how to monetize Vindictus. Hence the years of haphazard changes and hiring of new directors with conflicting market strategies.

I still log in from time to time to see if any one else does. My friends list is a graveyard of people who haven't logged in for hundreds of days. The only thing that could ever get me to try playing again would be the complete removal of permanent item destruction and a relaxation of enhancement rates. After six years, I'm not nearly foolish enough to think Nexon would ever do that.

I loved my time in Vindictus, I started playing in high school and now I'm two years out of college and beyond. But the game is just another part of life that is impermanent. The game will disappear eventually whether it be this year or ten years from now, and everything you've accomplished over those years will be lost forever. I've accepted this and moved on. If you want to keep playing, then love the game for what it is now and keep playing. Vindictus isn't going to change. Nexon isn't listening to us and never will listen to us, so for the rest of us that have left, I'm afraid that the truth is there will never be a reason to return. Vindictus is just memories now.
    TheStatsHeroVladinoPrototypemindSomeguywashereWilko
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    If we look at player count, Vindictus is an objectively bad game.

Low player count reflects more on age, niche appeal (as opposed to mass appeal), poor management, and poor marketing rather than the quality of the game itself. For what it was designed to be, I'd say Vindictus is an objectively good game that has simply been trashed and neglected by Nexon.

Ultima Online has double digit player counts on most of its official shards with many others spread thin across private servers, yet that game has been up since 1999. I think people overestimate how much it actually costs to keep these cheapo old MMOs running.
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205

Pure delusion. Others already pointed out your flaws

Vindictus is starting to shut down. Nexon gave up. It's ove. There are newer games with more polish a ND better publishers develope

Stop blindly throwing money. This game is coming to a end. There is no hop.e Maybe if they cared about feedback, but people like you treat that as complaining
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    Cedric wrote: »
    Lol anyone who think we have any power of keeping the game ongoing is crazy....
    The only thing that can keep the game alive is money profit ..if you think that with these posts or telling your friends to try the game will achieve anything you are crazy again.

Money keep the game alive and to make money you need a game with a better design that vindi has now. The game is far fron what is used to be and if the veterans who love the game so much dont play it anymore you can be sure new player wont do it also simply because the game kinda suks since a "while" and even that impecable combat syatem is turnig slowly into a gear facetank mobs.
    The company killed the game by itself and the choices they made and the fact they refuse to admit and revert the rise uptade changes which were bad from the beginig.

Dont get me wrong i like the game and i would love to see it as it was in the past alive...but i doubt will happen. As i said money keep the games alive and with a bad designed game as vindi is now it wont attract new players. Im sorry but if you think you have any power you are wrong and you basically cant change anything simple as that.

I don't know if you realize u contradicted yourself more times.

You said the community have 0 power on the game and at the same time that only money is what run games...
    Do you think money drop randomly from the sky?

It's the COMMUNITY who charge nx and spend them. By this freaking simple logic (even if i'm not encouraging anyone to spend more) it's quite OBVIOUS that if ppl spend in game, automatically the revenues are bigger enough to make the big heads over there to consider keeping the game up.
    How can ppl not understand such simple point...??

If a game/platform or whatever perform well, money wise, why the heck should be closed anyway no matter what as someone said?
    People who say such thing are the 'crazy ones'. It has literally 0 logic.
    This simple/stupid/so elementar point (it makes me cry and smile thinking some ppl can't get it yet)
    has been recently repeated by a GM in a live support chat.
    He stated that the future of the game DEPEND on how well perform in the next monhts.
    And of course that is related to earnings, and guess who decide how much this game earns?
    Nexon sell the products with their prices and stuff but who actually CASH IN is the COMMUNITY.

- The fact the game is not appealing like once, cause a series of huge bad choices which nx isn't willing to roll back on none of them or plan new intelligent strategies is ANOTHER matter which has NOTHING to do with the fact that the community have power on it or not.

- Whatever game could be even flawless and still if the doesnt' have a "supporting community" could shut down as well.

- The fact the game is old mean nothing as well, just to mention an example maplestory perform quite well for being a crappy platform game for kids(imo) ot because the game itself is better than vindi but because whatever the game looks old or new it's the gameplay which catch most the interest of the players.

So yes the community has an important ROLE in keeping a game alive.

If you don't want to support a game that isn't fun anymore, or for whatever other reason you hope to die fast is just your wish/opinion, but that doesn't change the fact as the OP,me and other ppl here stated, the community CAN strongly influence the life or death of a game.

The fact NX isn't able (with vindi) to spark the interest of their players or ruin the game or have weird selling strategies which repel a lot of potential customers who get scared when they see some high prices or being RNG scams, is ''another matter''.

That's the only time were important. After that devs don't care.

They need to copy bungie and sale their up to better hands.tho activation isn't better
  • GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    edited June 5, 2018
    As pessimistic as it is, there's pretty much nothing you can do. The director will develop the game as he sees fit and not listen to player feedback. You only have 2 options, which are either play the game or uninstall and don't play. Criticism and comments have been left all over for the director to look at from the player base and he doesn't care. The sad thing is that a lot of the quality of life changes that were needed were also added in, but the damage was done already. Those changes should've been given to us years ago.

Even the server merge. We asked for that years ago and NA decided to finally do it when the player base was down to like 1k players. I honestly can't just blame Rise for our small community, it was a combination of a few things that people just didn't want to deal with anymore.

I'm on the same boat that Cherished is on. As much as I can't really stand this game anymore, I spent 7 years on here and I met so many of my current close friends on here. Spent so much time playing this game and I love all of the characters I have. It's pretty hard to let go. I can understand why people say "I quit" but then you see them back a few months later. I'm a victim of that :P
    Someguywashere
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    edited June 5, 2018
    Lol so many butthurts around... my last reply i wont struggle to make u understand smt that is obvious.

@Dancingstar i simply explained the status of the game atm from my pov and mostly the truth even if you want to admit it or not, and same did mostly of the "negative" reply"s here.

Believe what you want idc.
  • KursKurs
    edited June 5, 2018

You're just oblivious to the real world and living in a wonderland, do you really think someone will start playing this sh1t game when there are so many on the market, no one new is gonna start spending hundreds of dollars and countless of hours on a game with 200concurrent players.

If you really care about vindictus and not just the time you spent on the game, you'd be for the idea, of trashing this vindictus and releasing Vindictus 2 with upgraded engine, graphics, gameplay. That would bring new life to the game. It won't for this sad excuse of a game, it's been dropped, and I can't belive you haven't noticed it, I mean just by the lack of events/patch notes should be a clear red sign by now. But hey keep enjoying your "fun", that's why we accept diversitiy nowadays when most are straight up mental issues.

The thing is I've seen lots of people like you when skimming other games and forums. That's why I warn about not being so negative and that it might scare people away because I get a little scared too when I see those posts. It's not about me living in a wonderland, it's that people like you can't seem to appreciate the good things in life or just want to ruin things for others or have too much fun being negative or whatever your reasons are.

And you're evidence while there is evidence it isn't flawless. You say that Vindi's already been dropped when Nexon just released a patch like a week ago. What point would there be in doing that if it's been dropped. And why not just keep Vindi alive until they make a Vindi 2 like they were in the process in making Mabinogi 2 before Mabinogi was finished. I know it was dropped because they didn't believe the timing was right. And I think the ones with mental issues are people like you who believe hating something is better than finding and loving the good aspects of something. I mean what's the bad part of actually enjoying a game? If it's dying you're still enjoying it, it's better than being one of those people who enjoy hating and ruining other peoples fun isn't it?
  • KursKurs
    edited June 5, 2018

Pure delusion. Others already pointed out your flaws

Vindictus is starting to shut down. Nexon gave up. It's ove. There are newer games with more polish a ND better publishers develope

Stop blindly throwing money. This game is coming to a end. There is no hop.e Maybe if they cared about feedback, but people like you treat that as complaining

It's not pure delusion. Other's haven't pointed out my flaws. you're just ignoring the flaws in your argument. People have been saying Vindi's been shutting down for years, however it was all speculation as proven by the fact that it's still alive. And isn't it safe to expect that usually when somethings going to be shut down soon they don't release big content patches a week before it shuts down. Seeing as they just released a big content patch like a week ago it's safe to say they're at least trying a little bit and not shutting down super soon.

And there's a difference between constructive criticism and just ruining other peoples fun and commplaining
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    edited June 5, 2018

The thing is I've seen lots of people like you when skimming other games and forums. That's why I warn about not being so negative and that it might scare people away because I get a little scared too when I see those posts. It's not about me living in a wonderland, it's that people like you can't seem to appreciate the good things in life or just want to ruin things for others or have too much fun being negative or whatever your reasons are.

And you're evidence while there is evidence it isn't flawless. You say that Vindi's already been dropped when Nexon just released a patch like a week ago. What point would there be in doing that if it's been dropped. And why not just keep Vindi alive until they make a Vindi 2 like they were in the process in making Mabinogi 2 before Mabinogi was finished. I know it was dropped because they didn't believe the timing was right. And I think the ones with mental issues are people like you who believe hating something is better than finding and loving the good aspects of something. I mean what's the bad part of actually enjoying a game? If it's dying you're still enjoying it, it's better than being one of those people who enjoy hating and ruining other peoples fun isn't it?

FYI, arcana did hit JP also, but even with that, it is planned to shutdown in august. They will keep importing patches until the server contract is over, it's piece of cake to import already done patches, literally only needs translating.... It's probably 1 guy doing the patch/translateing and copy pasting same msg on forum, I literally made a post in the gms forum post about the weeks patch, and still no ban/mute/removal, this shows how little they care, he literaly logs on this forum for 2mins then logs out for 7 days, Vindi has no staff, the support staff we got now, is compiled of all the NX gms. Try the support and you'll see, each mail will be a different GM.
  • KursKurs
    edited June 5, 2018
    I'll bet Arcana was released for a while there. And I doubt that it's just a matter of mere translation, but actual coding and testing as well due to differences made in each areas coding over the years.

And let's look at the difference between our mentalities. Mine is "enjoy what you like while you can don't stop enjoying it due to what could be, we'll never know until it actually happens and worrying may just speed up the process, or make it worse for yourself and others".

Yours is what plenty of people have been saying over the years "the game is doomed... kill it already... make sure people don't join and waste their money".

The difference is I've learned to actually enjoy what I love and not hate people, or hate life or things that I could embrace to make my life better. This doesn't mean I'm oblivious to things, but this does mean I'm happier and not ruining things for others all the time.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    @Kurs

I'd just stop responding to those guys if I were you. They're shitposting trolls with nothing better to do - your words are wasted.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited June 5, 2018
    @Kurs

I'm with noctred on this. It's become apparent that some people don't have anything to contribute so they just spam dead game stuff. Someguywashere is probably the most notorious due to the fact that nearly 50% of his total posts here on the forums are dead game posts while other half is either bashing Vin or praising BDO.

Just let him make his shitposts. He should get bored and wander off if no one pays any attention to him.
  • adyrocksadyrocks
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    well well
    I play for fun , i dont need to invest in this game as i have top chars for free (nice f2p game btw)
    as to invest to keep game alive sorry but is not my fault the game dies?!?!

btw this thread is full of speculations of dying game , and in the end all games die by nature anyway ...