[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Make Vindictus Great Again!

Comments

• CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Sadly vindictus will never be great again. If you can reach to understand that, you shall find peace.

What is dead may never die!
    Quinque
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    boo4u wrote: »
    1.) Nexon KR makes way more money than any region but as a whole corporation they don't.

KR makes more than CN?

7.jpg?1525979327

Vindictu EU dies next
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    edited June 3, 2018
    And above MHW, there is
    Which will be the savior for you who like fast action combat and bosses
    TheStatsHero
  • jojokinjojokin
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    I agree with all you said. Vindi broke a lot since Rise Update, i think we all miss 8 ppl raids even if we had to wait 15 minutes for that to fill, ADD is a big problem because of low chance to get good gear, couldnt pass 2800 with +13 Dullahan weapon, all armor is +10, couldnt get more, and people like you with good ADD go in small groups or solo in raids and dungeons, and most of them dont revive lower stats people just to make more than 80% damage and get extra drop. I agree with guild buffs idea too, tho i feel better in my own guild with weak characters, and events indeed suck with limited time rewards. All these made me leave the game, tried to play again but barely could finish a Dullahan battle. Couldnt stand playing anymore. If all or only a part of what you said will change, maybe more people will return in Vindictus. Guess you forgot about the really low drop rate of good items, or maybe your rate is better, dunno. Anyway have fun and good luck with changing things.
    OrtixJinyie
  • jojokinjojokin
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    edited June 4, 2018
    xCyclonus wrote: »
    I will only agree with your first point of view, while 2-3 are decent but 4th one is just too laughable to be taken seriously. This ADD system as well as the older one was simply created to create competitivity between players or classes, and push them to go for high end stats (aka buy enchancing/enchanting runes and while you're strong, why not go for some fashion to look good while being 1st).. Same as it was in XE, a +15 could easily be top dps (if skilled enough ofc), over a +14 for example.
    Your objections about the current state of affairs about dps system looks like a whine to me, since you're unable with a strong counter-class character to top a weaker/better in add class which facetanks the boss, so you'd like some debuffs while you're pressing shift and to get some mana (while at it no (?) ).
    Guild revamp should be soon, but those buffs that you presented, woldnt be bad at all in addition to what they will bring.

This way of thinking made Vindictus keep only rich and lucky people playing, that ADD is given by +15 weapon and all high enhancement armor parts. This is why playerbase is so low mostly, guys with up to 2000 ADD are usually kicked or left dead if they dont have graces, especially in new dungeons and raids.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited June 4, 2018
    jojokin wrote: »
    This is why playerbase is so low mostly, guys with up to 2000 ADD are usually kicked or left dead if they dont have graces, especially in new dungeons and raids.

In my experience, this is incorrect. I haven't seen anybody get kicked from a boat for being poorly geared in a very long time - in fact, that kind of behavior is a relic of pre-Rise Vindictus, so your timeline is kinda backwards. Badly geared players don't even get kicked from Neam boats as long as the party has one or two carries.

Being left dead happens to everyone, geared players included. Just depends on how greedy the people in your party are.

jojokin wrote:
    couldnt pass 2800 with +13 Dullahan weapon, all armor is +10, couldnt get more

Few things -

- You have a +13 Dullahan weapon. That's more than what many active players manage to get and is easily the most frustrating part of the gearing process due to its cost, barring freak RNG. So grats, you already have the hardest part out of the way. Going above that is a luxury and not functionally necessary.

- The 2650 ADD you get from a +13 weap and +10 armor is enough to do every single current raid in the game and pull your weight, especially when the +13 weap is a Dulla. In the context of later raids, this is of course assuming your gear is properly scrolled and your accessories are decent.

- +12 armor keeps getting cheaper. If you don't want to enhance yourself, you can get +12 pieces for 100-110m if you're a little patient. Gold comes with time, depending on what markets you go for.

--

Anyways, I don't disagree that the ADD changes were overall terrible and had an adverse scaling effect on the game's difficulty, but there's quite a bit of hyperbole in your posts.
    jojokinEmerthystBigAssTTsJinyie
    edited June 4, 2018
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited June 4, 2018

It's pointless to even correlate them. Both of them are good games but they have different styles in every aspect. However none of them are good enough just like many other Korean MMO's nowadays. I think the reason behind it is that most of these MMO's are made by AAA companies who only see the huge profit in them forgetting their true passion. I understand that big companies have bigger costs that's why indie developers with 8-10 people should make MMO's, but unfortunately MMO's in their essence require large scale efforts.

It's pointless to even correlate them. Both of them are good games but they have different styles in every aspect. However none of them are good enough just like many other Korean MMO's nowadays. I think the reason behind it is that most of these MMO's are made by AAA companies who only see the huge profit in them forgetting their true passion. I understand that big companies have bigger costs that's why indie developers with 8-10 people should make MMO's, but unfortunately MMO's in their essence require large scale efforts.

While I agree with your indie comment, I disagree with your disbeliefs. Having some Vindictus directors handle pve while black desert devs PvP could create a more diverse game
  • EdhaxEdhax
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    You are right, I remember when the Combo System was in the battle, unfortunately I lost that account XD. But, the "Boss" who control Vindictus is on Corea and the changes if they change any thing, it will turns around 7 months more or less until the changes arrive here... This is a thing what I don't understand because in UE exists some Mods who can administrate the following updates more quickly so...
    Well, if we can get a lot of critics about the existent problem in Vindictus and the respectives solutions what we think it will work better, maybe the "Bosses would listen us some day.
    edited June 5, 2018
    While I agree with your indie comment, I disagree with your disbeliefs. Having some Vindictus directors handle pve while black desert devs PvP could create a more diverse game

I would rather let Tera devs do the pvp part (ex. Lineage 2 devs, so no wonder why they are good at it), at least there is equal-geared pvp in it. Plus they can make the battlegrounds interesting. (Corsair's Stronghold, Kumasylum, or even the event battlegrounds like the snowball battle)

I would rather let Tera devs do the pvp part (ex. Lineage 2 devs, so no wonder why they are good at it), at least there is equal-geared pvp in it. Plus they can make the battlegrounds interesting. (Corsair's Stronghold, Kumasylum, or even the event battlegrounds like the snowball battle)

Acmssuning they feel vindictus is similar enough to buy this up to merge into their game. Go for it
    edited June 5, 2018

Acmssuning they feel vindictus is similar enough to buy this up to merge into their game. Go for it

Forgot to mention the weekly Alliance war. However it was laggy as hell, its mechanics were interesting like when your character became a giant as your frags accumulated and your hit range got extended (as an archer it was a big advantage), and the use of cannons and tanks, and the messages like killing spree etc. This part was very similar to Unreal Tournament. Personally i loved it.
  • ZwittuZwittu
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    Jinyie wrote: »
    All you guys telling op a forum post isn’t gonna do anything just chill. They said this is the first step and to gather input from us the community. I’m a little pessimistic when it comes to these things, but I guess I’ll try being optomistic.

+ Add Normal and PP Neam to quick battle
    + Add MP to Berbhe

Glad to see someone who appreciates Vindictus and is willing to take action. So I wish you the best of luck for whatever happens next.

MP in Berbhe should be added long time ago. It's such a beautiful town. If there is market, I would be there all the time (not colhen etc.) . I may understand about storyline but Nexon
    rondomiza wrote: »
    From solo player perspective changing from 4 to 8 ppl raids without scaling bosses' HP (like it is now after Rise)? Hell No! I dont wanna fight Arkana or Aes for about 50min with an average gear. Dont get me wrong I love my fights last for 15-20min but 50? It is way too long.
    From my point of view it seems like the main reason for the majority of people to go back to 8 man raids is just a nostalgic thing, well I didnt play much before Rise and to me 8 man raids mean almost nothing.
    I personally don't like "combo mechanic" either, I think it would force people to play as safe as possible to keep their buffs, dodging would be priority, no more risky but rewarding/cool looking moves. Did you see Ein Lacher gold medal vidoes on youtube? Its just so sad looking fights...
    I dont care about people who can stack their def and facetank everything, if they wanna do this then by all means... if you dont like playing that way then just dont nobody's forcing you to.
    What I would love to see is returning of true hero mode (with bosses' increased speed and modded monsters) for all dungeons. Of course it would be nice to have good rewards for those as well but the true reward is an awesome fight itself am I right? :)

About 8 party bosses. Before RISE patch bosses had scaling HP (1 person - 40% hp only etc . ). You wouldnt have to worry about your soloing. After RISE patch soloing is longer. It's not if you have 4k AD+
    Ortix
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    Zwittu wrote: »
    About 8 party bosses. Before RISE patch bosses had scaling HP (1 person - 40% hp only etc . ). You wouldnt have to worry about your soloing.

For the last time "...changing from 4 to 8 ppl raids without scaling bosses' HP (like it is now after Rise)? Hell No!..."

You are not the first one who says "hey don't you know there is a thing called HP Scaling?" or "hey you should know that before Rise there was HP Scaling"
    really?
  • IcygoddessIcygoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    edited June 27, 2018
    I'll add my thoughts too at this point, including personal in-game experience, going in order of Ortix's paragraphs, then adding some other points.

1. 8-players Raids.
    That was the main fun I had in Vindictus. When I came back in December 2015, I had as much fun as I had when S1 Ep.9 was out, with raids taking a long time, from 10 to 30 minutes. You know, a raid where the boss is very strong and everyone dying once or twice, or even, when we could actually LOSE against a boss. It was challenging and FUN to face a great opponent, and being in big parties, feeling like in a great online game! And almost every raid had its own good loot, we had a great variety of which battles to do for good gold too.

Now uhm... S1 and S2 are dump. Those seasons' bosses are just too easy to kill (Like, you can solo it easily), and don't have the great challenge they have once given. S2 has the Hero Mode though, but I don't see anyone run those raids, and I don't know what kind of loot they would drop (I assume it's all garbage after all). And S3 is the only place where the good /better loot is, so if you wanna make profit, you'll only have 10 raids, from Regina to Rupacitus (And man, those new enchant scrolls drop rates are almost inexistant, after 100 runs without seeing a single one dropping for anyone...).

2. More profits from belonging to active guilds.
    I thought it was enough with the initial guild buffs (repair/dye/enhancement fees reduced, guild feather, guild campfire and extra Transformation XP). Besides, I leveled a guild for myself only to level 20, and thought I wouldn't be "at disadvantage" being guildless, and helping myself to avoid other guilds (I met a lot of toxic/dumb people in other guilds).

But then they release those daily guild missions to gain points for extra departure coupons and extra cores, and at costs that only big/decent guilds can afford, I suppose. And as I said, active guilds can contain toxic people. And from my own meetings since I came back, each guild I joined had at least one toxic guy. Y'know, keeping a healthy atmosphere for a fun game! So it's either that or go in a big guild for lots more cores. I don't have time for that much runs nowadays, so I don't bother much. But if I had more time to play, I would feel at disadvantage for keeping an healthy atmosphere.

3. Consumable Items limited by the time-limit.
    No comments on that.

4. Greater impact of statistics than on skills - Vindictus is Too Easy! Better EQ > Skill
    (If we were in a live conversation, I'd tell you DON'T GET ME STARTED. Everything I say under this point is of my own opinion.)
    The changes to Additional Damage... I have no idea what they were thinking about it. I don't get the benefit of multiplying the damage by 10 (exagerating, I hope) all of a sudden without properly adjusting bosses HP to it. I mean, I mainly see whales/high-stats players in this game, people who got lucky with enhancing primarly, which means people with tons of add dmg and att lim removal. "Raids" are challenging if the people have "normal" stats, and lasts a good amount of time, but I can't finish eating a cookie if a high-stat is in this battle.

Have one on your boat, and the so-called "raid" boss battle is done in seconds. Like, we went from bosses that took 20 minutes to 3-4 minutes. No challenge required, just reach att cap, get the steroids and the def, and ez-pz-no-challenge-boring. And I think Neamhain's the only raid that has been really changed since Rise, I felt like she's been buffed or something, as if she'd scale with the add dmg changes. Except for Neamhain, in every other "raid" boat I create, I just wish I don't see high-stat players, because I want my raids to last long, and I think 10 minutes is the best of it. But like, the chances of having one of them is really high, at the point that I solo pretty much daily, since I'd prefer a challenging raid over a 2-minute battle, and even to the point of cancelling boats for a solo because of high-stat players.

Yeah, I'm that disappointed about the changes. And like I said to some people, Vindictus isn't old Vindictus anymore. Gameplay's still the same, but we've got OP gear against weak bosses. And the difference between pre-Rise Vindictus and now, to me, is the satisfaction of the game doesn't come from the boss dying AND the cores. Now, only the cores can satisfy.

The beauty of the game before the Rise update, to me, was that enchants were the real buffs, and everyone could have them, and were not as risked as enhancement (Meaning +8 and above). And having a +15 weapon meant for better attack speed, more attack, and the good old little add dmg. Meaning that a +15 wasn't totally OP, and skills were taking a way way way larger part than today. +10 was good enough, and mastering our character DID matter. And with higher success rates, I think it was fairlier. But now, good luck getting them +15s, and have fun if you do reach them, since you'll have high add dmg to make raids short. The balance is hard to find in such a system.

And the way the game is going, I just see the game as an elitism-grinder. I didn't stop thinking so since they decided to turn RAR (Those giant 10 ppl raids against a big boss, which have also become weak) into a dps grinder. And their lovely need of implementing extra damage cores. Those who do the best dps in RAR get more (Unequality between players, stronger and weaker ones), and same for raids, except it's for above 40% dps (+1 core) and 80% (+2 cores). That, to me, justifies that Vindictus isn't a co-op game anymore, where people actually helped each other, and every damage number mattered. Now, someone dies: "I ain't reviving him, I need that DPS to get the extra loot!". So you gotta use (or waste) a Goddess Grace just to keep up. As if those were raining from the sky. I see that at least 25% of the time. And that includes the ranking system... That proved to me the game went from co-op to "legendary gold-buying" competition, in a way of putting it.

5. Events
    The events nowadays... What are events?

I thought an event was supposed to be uncommon/rare, as in not happening absolutely everyday.
    Events every day aren't events to me. And since that, I'm not so thrilled when they announce events.

6. PVP
    It's possible to make it better.

Most of the time, I have fun.
    Then, add a Spear Lann or a Karok, and fun flies away. I cannot ever manage to stop those two. Spear Lann keeps spinning, and Karok sucks all the hits.

And so, that's all I have in my mind to say

Thanks for making a more recent post about it too!
    BOK_CHOICloakshireRaiden25
  • PoppyBrosJrPoppyBrosJr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    Imo New Characters aren't new content for the game as its so repetetive to raise a character from 0 to max level just to see if you like them.

I dont even bother.
    Icygoddess
    Vindictus has fallen. Nexon won't change.There is no hope.
    Raiden25
  • TheDarkMasterTheDarkMaster
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    1- About the idea of debuff for getting hit i agree with it but only if it affect all player the same, i play now lann and during story there was boss that debuff me to not crit it really forced me to take care of his attacks but the debuff was really to long one minute or may be more that was annoing and if the idea was applied to all game content it will be unfair especially for medium skill players as me , a short debuff of 10 sec will be fair more than enough

2-what i hate in every mmo and vindictus is one of them is "new content come old dies"
    a too stupid design why not every game content keep reliable
    Make all bosses lvl up as players lvl up so every game content will be of relative near difficulty just few tires of hardness e.g s3 is slightly harder than s2 and so on
    Make every dung has its unique drop and to craft end game items you need parts from all game e.g to get paradise stone you have to craft it by getting item from god of death and item from braha

Make drop amout reliabe to effort i.e a 10 min raid give me material for 10-20 paradise stone crafting i want enjoy game not spend my hole life in

3- i heard about new enhancing system that we can enhance restored item but this will be true till +15 plz i hope it to be true till lvl 20 just make success increasingly low e.g +16 has 10 % , +17 has 1% +18 has 0.1% ..... so that we keep trying no matter

4- stop the idea of new gear comes we through old gear .....
    Why not make a metamorphosis system where i change my +13 90 weapon to + 13 95 weapon
    To metamorph a gear we need new gear main essence and metacrystal

Success chance of metamorphosis depend on
    1- lvl difference between gear , the wider the difference the lower the success chance
    2- enhancement lvl of gear , the higher the difference the lower the success is

• DyagolukDyagoluk
    para cuando abrirán un servidor en américa del sur?
    me he topado con esta exquisitez de juego lo descargo y voy a ejecutarlo y no lo puedo jugar ya que es solo para américa del norte y Europa
    y me imagino que no debo ser el único en no poder jugarlo.