[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So where are the patch notes?

SAXSAX
Vindictus Rep: 1,605
in General Discussion
As title says, i dont see nothing like a patch notes on the news and noticed a number of changes to the game, the most worrisome is related to drops no appearing instantly on my inventory when i pick em up, they appear only after i finish the mission, haven't tested it but that means if we get a disconnect we got no items now?
  1. Why does nexxon NA always do this?22 votes
    1. Lack of manpower
       32% (7 votes)
    2. Lack of people able to do his job
       18% (4 votes)
    3. Because we dont deserve better
       50% (11 votes)

Comments

• AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
  • SAXSAX
    Abaddan wrote: »

i guess we should add ''able to read korean'' to the minimun specs to play this game
    xNailKaiserrondomizaBabyDaniDancingStarWhiteYukii
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    SAX wrote: »

i guess we should add ''able to read korean'' to the minimun specs to play this game

Or use a browser that can translate pages. Sure it's not gonna be 100% accurate, but it's not too hard interpreting some niche words based on context clues.
  • paingamepaingame
    Vindictus Rep: 555
    edited May 26, 2018
    Cloakshire wrote: »

Or use a browser that can translate pages. Sure it's not gonna be 100% accurate, but it's not too hard interpreting some niche words based on context clues.

useless considering they mix feature/misc updates and bug fixes from multiple updates in KR. in this update alone, i see parts taken from updates ranging at least 3 months in korea (10 patches). you would have no way of knowing what features and fixes made it and what's still to come, unless you already saw in game which changes have been implemented.

regarding the looting changes - no, you will not get items unless you complete the run. this includes things like gold, ergs, mining, and gathering. you can see your temporary items if you click on the little bag at the top of the equipment window. it was part of the balor patch in KR.
    Noburo
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    paingame wrote: »

useless considering they mix feature/misc updates and bug fixes from multiple updates in KR. in this update alone, i see parts taken from updates ranging at least 3 months in korea (10 patches). you would have no way of knowing what features and fixes made it and what's still to come, unless you already saw in game which changes have been implemented.

regarding the looting changes - no, you will not get items unless you complete the run. this includes things like gold, ergs, mining, and gathering. you can see your temporary items if you click on the little bag at the top of the equipment window. it was part of the balor patch in KR.

I'm sorry it's too difficult to figure this out so here you go took me 45 seconds.
    http://heroes.nexon.com/News/update/View?page=1&postno=822
    You're not going to know exactly everything that will get brought to NA servers, because not everything does. Nor does it require the same fixes, but it's not hard to figure out what you did get in the update. Plus he asked for patch notes for this update....This is patch notes for this update. I looked cause NA didn't include the new Enchant scrolls in their patch notes. At least not anywhere I looked on the Nexon launcher or site.
    Cloakshire
  • paingamepaingame
    Vindictus Rep: 555
    edited May 29, 2018

I'm sorry it's too difficult to figure this out so here you go took me 45 seconds.
    You're not going to know exactly everything that will get brought to NA servers, because not everything does. Nor does it require the same fixes, but it's not hard to figure out what you did get in the update. Plus he asked for patch notes for this update....This is patch notes for this update. I looked cause NA didn't include the new Enchant scrolls in their patch notes. At least not anywhere I looked on the Nexon launcher or site.

Not sure if you actually read the thread.

OP wanted to know about changes to the game he saw that weren't listed on the front page. Linked patch notes are not very useful as it's about Aidan/RAR, which is already on the front page. I guess it has the scrolls. Rest are fixes which we don't even know made it in our patch, or updates/fixes to features we don't even have yet like arisha whip or talent sharing. It's a partial patch note for this update, with majority of what OP was looking for missing.

OP specifically mentioned the looting changes. That's on the patch notes 2 months after this one. It's also missing guild changes. That was in a patch 1 month before this. So yeah, OP would have to know the specific changes/features he was looking for beforehand, then go through multiple patch notes in broken English to find the right sections listing the changes.

Even if people were inclined to do this, which clearly they are not, it's very backwards. It should be the patch notes informing us what's changed... not us figuring out what has changed in game, then hunting down each feature in separate patch notes on a foreign website.

If we take the looting change for example, how would anyone know a random feature from the Balor patch arrived early in NA? They would have had to experience it in game or hear about it from a friend. I actually looked this up specifically in the Korean website after my friend went through several special luminary runs before noticing it. This is why we need patch notes
  • SAXSAX
    I just dont get why quality of service have declined so much on this game, wish they could just add English patch to the Korean server and merge em, but p2p would make that awful so we doomed either way
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    I just dont get why quality of service have declined so much on this game, wish they could just add English patch to the Korean server and merge em, but p2p would make that awful so we doomed either way

Quality has declined ever since EU gms went to become BDO gms.

Furthermore, if the lack of patch notes isn't a clear view that the game is simply there to milk the last ounce of money from you people who keep buying into optimistic views of this dead game, you only got yourselves to blame.

Do the smart thing with your time, quit playing, or find a game that is worth playing.

But hey, this means when game shuts down we get 50% off our next nexon purchase woo!
    TheStatsHero
  • MrAmadaMrAmada

Y'know, it's asshat responses like this that makes the community look like hot garbage. I haven't been here in a while, but at one point this game did receive patch notes, ones that were acceptably detailed, but now there aren't any to speak of.

It's not unfair to ask for legitimate official translations of content that the game has received in a recent update. They're a legitimate company, operating what's supposed to be a functional business, which caters to it's consumers - which should include proper translations and updates on content received.
  • foxygrandmafoxygrandma

OP wanted to know about changes to the game he saw that weren't listed on the front page. Linked patch notes are not very useful as it's about Aidan/RAR, which is already on the front page. I guess it has the scrolls. Rest are fixes which we don't even know made it in our patch, or updates/fixes to features we don't even have yet like arisha whip or talent sharing. It's a partial patch note for this update, with more than half of what OP was looking for not included.

OP specifically mentioned the looting changes. That's on the patch notes 2 months after this one. It's also missing guild changes. That was in a patch 1 month before this. So yeah, OP would have to know the specific changes/features he was looking for beforehand, then go through multiple patch notes in broken English to find the right sections listing the changes.

Even if people were inclined to do this, which clearly they are not, it's very backwards. It should be the patch notes informing us what's changed... not us finding out what has changed in game, then go hunting down for the right patch notes in a foreign website.
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited May 30, 2018

A similar population and a gacha system that was way too nice (for nexon's standard) that let you trade outfitters is not a good comparison.
  • SAXSAX

From what i read they only terminated a gacha system(like vindicator system) not the server
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    I admire your optimistic views, but back in the days whenever we got new content our playerbase spiked upby 15-60%, according to steam alone, but recently it didn't even increase the population. It's been in decline for 4months, and the next update on players, will most likely be the lowest is has been since the game launched in 2012.

The japanese population is about 3x ours comparing the activity on forums. Nexon JP made more money than EU/NA combined, every data indicate the downfall of this game. But hey, play if you'd like, I don't reall care, just warned him about the game
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    I admire your optimistic views, but back in the days whenever we got new content our playerbase spiked upby 15-60%, according to steam alone, but recently it didn't even increase the population. It's been in decline for 4months, and the next update on players, will most likely be the lowest is has been since the game launched in 2012.

The japanese population is about 3x ours comparing the activity on forums. Nexon JP made more money than EU/NA combined, every data indicate the downfall of this game. But hey, play if you'd like, I don't reall care, just warned him about the game

Do you have any screenshots of this 3x forum activity cuz right now that's just a made up statistic? Besides most people i meet in game don't even use the NA forum i wonder if its the same for JP.
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Emerthyst wrote: »

Do you have any screenshots of this 3x forum activity cuz right now that's just a made up statistic? Besides most people i meet in game don't even use the NA forum i wonder if its the same for JP.

We barely reach 500 views per threads, they reach into the thousands easily on threads, http://heroes.nexon.co.jp/community/freeboard.aspx?page=1 go through the pages and see for yourself.

And like every game, neither does every JP player visit the forums, but it does give you a rough estimate

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    We barely reach 500 views per threads, they reach into the thousands easily on threads, http://heroes.nexon.co.jp/community/freeboard.aspx?page=1 go through the pages and see for yourself.

And like every game, neither does every JP player visit the forums, but it does give you a rough estimate

I bet our thread viewcount would be a lot better if there was anything better being discussed here than "Vindictus is dying but, is it dead?" threads and "WAAAAH, WAAAH, I don't have TIME to sink into an MMO event!" lmao